Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would love to know that too. My husband is ENFJ and it seems to be an unhappy combination for both of us. I understand it can work for a combination of "T" male and "F" female but the oposite one looks horrible.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I would love to know that too. My husband is ENFJ and it seems to be an unhappy combination for both of us. I understand it can work for a combination of "T" male and "F" female but the oposite one looks horrible.
INFJ and ENFJ will seem nothing alike to an ENTP.
Stick to what was asked.

That said the ENTP will come off as an insensitive bitch.

I find in my situation she will start a sentence saying "I know this makes no sense" and then explains her point of view and I'll say "that makes perfect sense" and she'll look at me like I jut came down from Mt. Sinai and handed her the law of moses.

You will have insight into how she feels even when she doesn't.
She will have insight into how you think even when you don't.

Think of it this way, Entp's ability to gage others feelings and consequently their own are fucked up.
INFJ's ability to guage what other people are thinking is fucked up.

Together wonder twin powers active and you become a more complete person.

The irony of course is that the types that need each other the most can't relate to each other and end up in conflict.

Reactions: grizzlyy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That interests me. Took me a while to figure out why this is true according to MBTI. Here is why I believe it's true.

Since both the ENTP and INFJ share the same 2nd element, iNtuition, you are saying that the strongest element that both her and I share an intuitive understanding of is the next element, the 3rd one. For me it is feeling, for her it is thinking.

Am I a correct on how I arrived at this?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
That interests me. Took me a while to figure out why this is true according to MBTI. Here is why I believe it's true.

Since both the ENTP and INFJ share the same 2nd element, iNtuition, you are saying that the strongest element that both her and I share an intuitive understanding of is the next element, the 3rd one. For me it is feeling, for her it is thinking.

Somebody commented about this on another forum. It seems that people become interested in others who have their tertiary function as primary or secondary.

So for INFJs this function is Ti. I find myself naturally curious about personality types with Ti as either secondary or dominant function - ENTPs, INTPs, ISTPs, ESTPs. This seems to be the case for ENTPs as well - their tertiary function is Fe so they seem to become interested in people who have Fe as secondary or primary function. ENFJs and INFJs being two of these types and I have already seen 3 ENTP-ESFJ unions. This also seems to be true for INTPs as their tertiary function is Si and I've seen them get really drawn to ISFJs who have Si as primary function.

Why this is so is unknown. People just say it helps you develop a more balanced personality. The tertiary function is what starts developing in people in 20-30s supposedly, so perhaps we're just searching for frinds and partners who will fill in our blindspots for us so to say.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Somebody commented about this on another forum. It seems that people become interested in others who have their tertiary function as primary or secondary.

So for INFJs this function is Ti. I find myself naturally curious about personality types with Ti as either secondary or dominant function - ENTPs, INTPs, ISTPs, ESTPs. This seems to be the case for ENTPs as well - their tertiary function is Fe so they seem to become interested in people who have Fe as secondary or primary function. ENFJs and INFJs being two of these types and I have already seen 3 ENTP-ESFJ unions. This also seems to be true for INTPs as their tertiary function is Si and I've seen them get really drawn to ISFJs who have Si as primary function.

Why this is so is unknown. People just say it helps you develop a more balanced personality. The tertiary function is what starts developing in people in 20-30s supposedly, so perhaps we're just searching for frinds and partners who will fill in our blindspots for us so to say.
I agree with you. I'm pretty sure my ex-gf was an infj. I filled out the relationship test and it came up for me as best compatible with an infj. I liked the predominantly left-brained personality type in my mate. I believe you need an opposite in order to grow and have a sustainable relationship, where being who you are naturally attracts the person you are with. You could still have a long relationship with someone who is predominantly same side brain-type as you are but it will take work. Eventually though you will grow tired and feel as if you are missing something someone else could only fill, then you will split up. After a few relationships (one long) and looking more into temperaments/personalities, I will only become serious with my opposite temperament (left-brain, infj). Along with other preferences of course... Gives new meaning to "you complete me" when you look deeper into it. No way could I see myself with a female version of myself (ENTP/8w7).lol It would be a hell of a ride while it lasted (short as it may be) but for sure would not last.

Reactions: vel

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm in a relationship with an INFJ guy now and its about to come to an end....He is probably going to choose his God over me.

It was ok, but I'm not sure it would have worked anyway even if religion hadn't become an issue. We were polar opposites practically, bickered constantly over small things. Not sure how much of it was from personality and how much was simply from individuals. He was a very high J and I'm a very high P so I think that may have created a lot of conflict. J and P contrast is fine, but ideally at least one has to be lower. With him being a high J and having a plan for everything, a reason for everything, and me being a high P and hating schedules and not having a rhyme or reason for 98% of what I do...It was frustrating.

·
Banned
85 Posts
.[/quote]It was ok, but I'm not sure it would have worked anyway even if religion hadn't become an issue. We were polar opposites practically, bickered constantly over small things. Not sure how much of it was from personality and how much was simply from individuals. He was a very high J and I'm a very high P so I think that may have created a lot of conflict. J and P contrast is fine, but ideally at least one has to be lower. With him being a high J and having a plan for everything, a reason for everything, and me being a high P and hating schedules and not having a rhyme or reason for 98% of what I do...It was frustrating.

Guess I never thought of that.. My dad'S ENTP & most of my close friends, I kind of assumed all INFJ's were as relaxed & layed back with there schedule's as me. I've always loved ENTP's because the balance me out, like you say, they know what I'm thinking even when I'm confused & I always know how they feel. Are you sure she wasn't INTJ? I always thought INFJ'S would put other people's feelings & personal development above schedules. Moral code's & value systems are based on principals & principals are different in every situation giving a false impression of a P nature. At least it seems to work in my case.(P.s. sorry I quoted the wrong person at first)

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
bump

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
I'm honestly just curious what an ENTP female is like. I'm assuming (simply by looking at the letters by themselves, haven't read up on them) they are somewhat aggressive, yet reserved at the same time, and I wonder how they would interact with the typically timid (sometimes more feminine) INFJ male, who is (in my case) more reactive than proactive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So true, my current partner, who is INFJ, knew I fell in love with him before I did. He hinted at it and after about a week, it came to me like a big revelation that "yes, it may be true". I don't know when I fell in love, it was just there when I started thinking about it and all pieces fell into the right place.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
So true, my current partner, who is INFJ, knew I fell in love with him before I did. He hinted at it and after about a week, it came to me like a big revelation that "yes, it may be true". I don't know when I fell in love, it was just there when I started thinking about it and all pieces fell into the right place.
Haha that's how I feel about my ENTP friend she so OBVIOUSLY likes me but just doesn't know. Sigh. I'll play it out as if I don't know for a bit longer... I guess.

Anyway, urm @Hokahey, I know an ENTP female, really, really well. And yes she's incredibly blunt and assertive and in your face and when we first met this really really bothered me not gonna lie. But honestly, now, we just "get" each other. When she's being annoying I tell her, but this time around (2nd attempt at friendship), I am less annoyed by her. She's only annoyed me twice and both times I've spoken up about it and it's just made us closer to be honest.

We got here by just talking about everything. I realised the more I held back my feelings the slower the friendship progressed and the more arguments we had. So I just bit the bullet and talked to her about stuff. She ended up opening up about things I doubt she's never told anyone else before... Bless her. Same for me too actually. It was really good in a way because it was one of those conversations she learnt something about herself.

But yeah, I think INFJs are key to making this work... they just have to be honest and patient... and stop bottling things up. Which is mega fucking hard, but the rewards are worth it :)

Soooo glad she's in my life again :)

Reactions: Hokahey

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm honestly just curious what an ENTP female is like. I'm assuming (simply by looking at the letters by themselves, haven't read up on them) they are somewhat aggressive, yet reserved at the same time, and I wonder how they would interact with the typically timid (sometimes more feminine) INFJ male, who is (in my case) more reactive than proactive.
Well, better than prose descriptions, how about some interaction? I've done a number of interaction vids which are linked on the type interaction thread, if you just want to observe. If you're feeling braver, i'm happy to offer my personality for science--we can post a chat in which I answer all your questions.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well, better than prose descriptions, how about some interaction? I've done a number of interaction vids which are linked on the type interaction thread, if you just want to observe. If you're feeling braver, i'm happy to offer my personality for science--we can post a chat in which I answer all your questions.
@Hokahey I do believe this experiment deserves some consideration. *rubs-hands-together-in-anticipation*

Reactions: jendragon

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I've met two INFJ's and honestly I can't see myself with either. A big part of it has to do with them being in high-school, but one of them had a different "I am madly in love with this girl" crush every two weeks before dating the girl he is now (and he's since changed himself for her. He tries really hard to be who she wants him to be). I'm also pretty sure he's gay for a number of reasons.
The other dated an ESFP friend of mine (So one big reason right off the bat I wouldn't date him). She was sort of terrible to him, when he went off to college she ignored him most of the time, so as a response he told her insane lies that didn't even make any sense to try and get her attention.

Not good for me.

I do have a few close INFJ friends who are girls though. I enjoy talking with them. I'm not looking to date them, but they're easy to talk to and care a lot about other people, it sort of counter-acts our tendency to be self-centered.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I actually don't think that most INFJs and ENTPs are compatible. Could it happen? Sure. Is it the usually the best thing for everyone? Nah.

With regard to male INFJs and female ENTPs: never met a male INFJ IRL.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts

also, we are both Fe. Entp's are tertiary. And ENTP's are VERY Fe in relationships that I have seen. We are outwardly focused, and we want others to be happy in general.

i was dating an INFP. When all done, fairly self focused with complete and total Fi. After a while, it wore on me - I was worried about her, she was worried about her. Eventually I had to put boundaries to protect myself, which I don't really like to do.

I'd think for an ENTP and an INFJ to be successful, they'd both have to fairly mature.

Reactions: jendragon

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
I actually don't think that most INFJs and ENTPs are compatible. Could it happen? Sure. Is it the usually the best thing for everyone? Nah.

With regard to male INFJs and female ENTPs: never met a male INFJ IRL.
Ahh hela, you're so lucky I'm not an INFJ guy. I am really tempted to prove you wrong ;)

INFJ+ENTP 4LYF

1 - 20 of 40 Posts