Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just have to say I kind of find all of you really fascinating. I have a really hard time accepting that you all exist in real life because I've never run across one. My only major relationship has been with an ISTP and I honestly thought... until i started studying mbti recently...that our ST NF differences were some horrible, frustrating male/female thing. So, I can easily accept the female INFPS... but you male ones are still like some shocking novelty to me. I guess I have a lot to learn.

Just wanted to let you all know what the deal was is in case you all find me stalking your profiles... ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yup, I'm real. In the flesh! Honestly, I kind of find myself a little fascinating. Thank God for this forum, I now know I'm not the only one.

P.S.: stalk away. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
Yeah it certainly is relieving to know that I"m not the only INFP male in the world. I also (like everyone else it seems :tongue: )
always thought there was just something wrong with me.

This website has certainly answered a lot of questions I had, that's for sure.

·
Registered
243 Posts
*pinching myself*....yup, quite real

INFP males certainly do exist, took me quite awhile to accept how I am wired, you know...the world's view of the alpha male certainly wouldn't be INFP. Once I accepted who I am and viewed the unique strengths that I have, life has been better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The attitude you describe as 'that's just how men are' is definately high on my annoyance-list. Maybe it's still kinda right though, as our society puts so much emphasis on ST for males and more F for females. So that would make ST-NF differences the textbook male-female thing. But it's soooo wrong to generalize it, I cringe everytime I hear someone say it like that. But hey, I'm really happy that you're saved :). Get your nets ready for the chase :p.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think I exist. If you saw me in the street you'll probably walk past me as the immediate intrigue lasts probably less than a second for others and thats it. I think I come across as a bit unassuming to strangers, just some random s type like most others in the busy street/

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've prob ran across quite a few and didn't know it because I was too busy trying not to be noticed by strangers to notice. =)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The attitude you describe as 'that's just how men are' is definately high on my annoyance-list. Maybe it's still kinda right though, as our society puts so much emphasis on ST for males and more F for females. So that would make ST-NF differences the textbook male-female thing. But it's soooo wrong to generalize it, I cringe everytime I hear someone say it like that. But hey, I'm really happy that you're saved :). Get your nets ready for the chase :p.
Yep... I did for sure generalize it....based on the only males I know on a personal level in my real life are all STs for whatever reason. But, I also know very few males on a personal level period.... because of my infpness i would guess...so that's a huge part it.

Glad I'm "saved' too. Ha.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wonder...bet if I would pass an INFP male on the street...I'd want to shake him and say WAKE UP...!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do exist...but yeah, since INFPs tend to not really put themselves out there, we are hard to find period, even more so when we're fighting against cultural norms or what not. I'm not a fan of how SJ or ST our culture in general is...I'm not against it (and do sometimes put on an INTP front), but it is not healthy to have a society so unbalanced. It also makes us all feel worthless at times when we are really just different...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree, but yeah, I'm a male INFP alright. I don't come off as feminine, yet I am very emotionally sensitive actually. This sensitivity its not so bad if you know how to stand up for yourself and not be a push over, so I am very conformable with it. Its better to be a sensitive person than a insensitive-cold bastard.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yup, we exist all right! But we're a dying breed indeed, if only more people would show us some lovin' =)
I just want to say male INFPs are to be treasured and those who get to know them are lucky people. I'm dating one right now and it's absolutely wonderful in so many ways. I guess I appreciate sensitive guys though.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
hahahahahah *serious face* I hate stalkers.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts