Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently doubting that I am an INTP and might actually be an ISFJ instead but I really don't know how to start to differentiate between the two (especially male ISFJ supposedly are very similar to an INTP) so I would love some help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That would be difficult to speculate with so little information. I would suggest doing some research. If you haven't done any then I would immediately suggest not an INTP since they research the shit out of most things they consider long before its spoken out loud. A good resource is Personality Hacker, take some time and listen to their podcasts on both types (if you haven't already).

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be difficult to speculate with so little information. I would suggest doing some research. If you haven't done any then I would immediately suggest not an INTP since they research the shit out of most things they consider long before its spoken out loud. A good resource is Personality Hacker, take some time and listen to their podcasts on both types (if you haven't already).
I have already looked into for awhile now but I am an a dead end.

I've read some more descriptions of each type and I really don't fit succinctly into one or the other. I'm more emotional than an INTP, but I'm broader and less detail-oriented than an ISFJ.

Here is what I boiled down as to why I don't think I am an INTP:

- Despite everything said and done I find a lot of joy in hanging out with people. I love my alone time but I find myself loving to spend time with people and can get very lonely if I don't. It can sometimes backfire though as some of them can really get to me and drive me to doubt them and whether I should even trust them. I sometimes feel used by people. I find myself wanting to fit in at times. I tend to be quite concern on how people view me and how I look and appear

- I love to organise things. There I said it. I love to plan things ahead of time and have a clear goal and order in mind to follow and compare to. Its not that I would follow it one to one but I will be close. Its a plan of ideals and perfection and the closer I am to it the better. I tend to really focus on things ahead and sometimes can forget that the shit I am handling now is too much and should be finished first but when I see an opportunity I tend to grab it quick which leaves me with a lot to work with once I snap back into reality. I love or at least don't mind working though especially if it concerns my self-improvement or goals I have on mind so there is that.

- I have my moral ideals and values that I hold up to high. I am not the kind of person who is easily settled once I see something not right. I want to jump in if its something that feels wrong. I tend to act cause I know/feel its the right thing to do. I once heard kittens meowing loudly in a centre and spent the next hour or two looking for them and bringing them back to the cat mom waiting outside. I got some weird stares for it which made me kinda hate myself but I don't think what I did was right but rather hate that I was made fun of asking of those cats were my 'friends'. I know the cats might have been alright if I just left them and that they don't really understand what just happened but despite that it just didn't feel right doing nothing and leaving the kittens there ya know? Maybe its due to me having a cat back here at home but in general I just feel the urge to act especially when I can so I always try to put myself out there to what I want to do. Trying out to volunteer at the nearby zoo this winter due to it (also mostly due cause I think taking care of animals is freaking cool).

Reasons why I do consider INTP:

- I love abstraction and art in general and love systems of logic. I am a math major because I fell in love with how it can be described as an art that is a science. Its a beautiful system of logic that is abstract and what can I only say is very fun to do.

- Because it was what I always been typed for a while but now after growing up a bit I am skeptic if I am one due to the reasons above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts