Personality Cafe banner

You decide!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Cant say dark knight holds up with re-watches, but man of steel wasn't even enjoyable, besides the dark knight had better acting for sure, especially with ledger and bale. Both still had forced romance not sure which was less believable its been a while since I watched but I find Nolan is better at subtlety than Snyder, in terms of characters and overall look of the film so I'd say the dark knight, plus I think that and inception was when Nolan peaked creatively.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Man of Steel was mostly boring, but it had two awesome fight scenes to break the lull. Dark Knight wasn't as boring, but it didn't have a fight scene anywhere as good as what was in Man of Steel. Also Batman sounding like he had throat cancer got aggravating. IMO slight edge to Man of Steel.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,895 Posts
Dark Knight is a masterpiece. It is the best Batman adaptation ever made. Despite what others have said it is EXTREMELY re-watchable and very well done. Man of Steel was a few exciting moments packed around the notion that humans are absolutely helpless and only Superman can save us. It suffered from problems in editing, acting, and flow.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Dark Knight is a masterpiece. It is the best Batman adaptation ever made. Despite what others have said it is EXTREMELY re-watchable and very well done. Man of Steel was a few exciting moments packed around the notion that humans are absolutely helpless and only Superman can save us. It suffered from problems in editing, acting, and flow.
​Still better than Batman vs Superman.

·
Beer Guardian
17,895 Posts
​Still better than Batman vs Superman.

Man of Steel? Maybe. Batman vs Superman had some really bad casting, bad flow, bad editing, and just plain boring in places.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,409 Posts
Dark Knight trilogy was probably the best superhero films of the last sixteen years. Though, as a superhero, I do like Superman more.

·
Beer Guardian
17,895 Posts
​I wonder how Zack Snyder went from Watchmen to... These.
Yeah, but Watchmen was a huge gamble because the majority of people who watched it had never read the graphic novel, and thus didn't know the characters. When you start messing with more "mainstream" heroes, you have to realize there's a lot of symbolism and lore that people are going to expect will be present, and it wasn't all there in the DC movies.

Slight sidebar: despite the critics, I actually found Suicide Squad to be rather good. I hope Justice League and Wonder Woman turn out to be better too.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Yeah, but Watchmen was a huge gamble because the majority of people who watched it had never read the graphic novel, and thus didn't know the characters. When you start messing with more "mainstream" heroes, you have to realize there's a lot of symbolism and lore that people are going to expect will be present, and it wasn't all there in the DC movies.

Slight sidebar: despite the critics, I actually found Suicide Squad to be rather good. I hope Justice League and Wonder Woman turn out to be better too.
I just thought SS was mostly a piece of shit. imo Deadshot, Harley Quinn and the Joker were all very nice (and most of the other characters would also be nice if they all had gotten more balanced screen time and development like in Guardians of the Galaxy, where pretty much everyone of the five had their importance while in SS it just revolved around Deadshot and Harley), but the plot was just a confusing mess and the villain was horrible.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Between Batman and Superman, I'd always choose Batman but neither movie was very captivating for me. The Dark Knight had a better cast and Man Of Steel was plain boring, but since I'm a huge fan of the comics and of some of the early cartoons, it always seems like these movies lack something.
But, on a positive note, I like Christian Bale a lot and could truly enjoy his portrayal of Bruce Wayne.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Haven't seen either one, but I always prefer Batman!

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
The Dark Knight is defo one of the best Superhero films in years.

Couldn't even watch Man of Steel. I cant stand Superman, I only watched Batman Vs Superman due to Batman being in it and tbh Batfleck sucked.

SS I thought was good, except for what they did to "The Joker", wtf, its a DC film, not a bloody gangsta flick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts