Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently talking to a friend about my personality type and my relationship with other women. She told me I was a man's woman. Is that something other isfp's have come across?

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings grldiver and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFOuSaYN1w

Again, welcome to our forum grldiver. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Dunno, but it sounds good to me. Welcome to the forum. :happy:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hum... I've never met an ISFP so I couldn't help ya there. You do know that you posted in the Introduction thread section, right? You might want to try asking this in the ISFP section. You'd get more responses to your specific question that way. Anyways...

Welcome to the forum :happy:

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Personally, I think that term would mean that you have a masculine personality, that you get along well with men, that you enjoy the company of men. Would you say that that describes you?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Definitely. I have more men than women friends in real life. I get the comment often that I'm the 'coolest girl they know'.

Most men don't have all the catfighting drama and they're more direct... I like that as long as they're kind about it.

They like how I'm upfront too. And I like caring for someone who appreciates it. :crazy:

I'm in touch with my feelings and very feminine in most ways, but I hate mind games and backstabbing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I am very feminine the problem comes from the easy way I converse with men and women. A lot of women get offended by this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That describes me. I've always gotten along better with men. However, I'm not what I'd consider manly. I just hate shopping and make up and "girly" stuff like that :)

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I was recently talking to a friend about my personality type and my relationship with other women. She told me I was a man's woman. Is that something other isfp's have come across?
What do you mean by "a man's woman"?

Also, welcome!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I have an ISFP roommate who feels the same way about herself.
aww... lol is that why u are so interested in ISFPs? XD

I think it comes down to the fact that ISFPs are independent and we dont really go for all the cliche society stereotypes that so many others live up to. We go shopping when we want to. Basically we do what we want cause we "live for the moment" as they say. Men in general seem to usually have the same mentality - they do what they want to...

but then again im still not sure that i understand the question...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I love women. I mean, after being at an all girl's boarding school for high school and then a practically all girl's university, I should think I know how to get along with women... But I get along well with men too. Married men more often than single men for some reason.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What she meant by a man's woman is that I prefer to converse with men. They take you at face value, women tend to read more into a conversation than what was intended. Then take something you've said out of context and talk behind your back. I like straight up front conversations. I hate gossip so that puts me at a disadvantage immediately. I feel life has more to offer than hashing and rehashing pettiness. I do talk to women the same way I talk to men, although I don't get the same reaction. She also pointed out that women are competitive and view conversation with a man as a competive thing.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
What she meant by a man's woman is that I prefer to converse with men. They take you at face value, women tend to read more into a conversation than what was intended. Then take something you've said out of context and talk behind your back. I like straight up front conversations. I hate gossip so that puts me at a disadvantage immediately. I feel life has more to offer than hashing and rehashing pettiness. I do talk to women the same way I talk to men, although I don't get the same reaction. She also pointed out that women are competitive and view conversation with a man as a competive thing.
to me gossip has always seemed like something for ppl with nothing better to do. I guess its ppl's way of getting a little excitement out of life. typically ISFPs are peaceful ppls who dont really bother others who are gossipy and definitely dont start any of our own. gossip = conflicts so we dont get into it. i have a friend who was complaining that all of her friends are always guys.

basically its like you said. girls like gossip and making issues out of what ppl say for their entertainment where as guys like to joke and tease for their amusement. (or at least thats the typical way everything is)
so to get along better with guys instead of girls makes perfect sense really.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
I love women. I mean, after being at an all girl's boarding school for high school and then a practically all girl's university, I should think I know how to get along with women... But I get along well with men too. Married men more often than single men for some reason.
Maybe you prefer men who aren't afraid of commitment and the qualities that may be associated with people who don't have such a fear?

·
Registered
81 Posts
typically ISFPs are peaceful ppls who dont really bother others who are gossipy and definitely dont start any of our own.
Yeah, I never really got the appeal. If I say something about someone, it's never with the intention of stirring up trouble. I don't make waves for fun.

basically its like you said. girls like gossip and making issues out of what ppl say for their entertainment where as guys like to joke and tease for their amusement. (or at least thats the typical way everything is)
YES! Oh God YES! I know this is a generalization but it's so true. Why can't I just joke around and tease someone because I'm in a silly mood and not have them twist it into something else? I DON'T DO HIDDEN MEANINGS! But it's what all the other women seem to expect... and they get offended... and I usually don't even pick up that they're offended til they blow up at me later, or suddenly stop talking to me.

I start talking to my men friends more, and the women get even madder at me because I get along with the guys, and I'm probably stealing their attention. I CAN'T WIN...

On the other hand, men always read flirting into my behavior when the reality is, sometimes I'm just happy to finally be myself with a friend... :frustrating:

Reactions: grldiver

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
On the other hand, men always read flirting into my behavior when the reality is, sometimes I'm just happy to finally be myself with a friend... :frustrating:
Are there any men who don't? Maybe you do or say something differently with the men who think you are flirting with them?

·
Registered
81 Posts
All the male friends I've ever had have suspected me of flirting with them at some point. I'll be honest, it's almost as exasperating as all the women who read between my lines.

When I'm actually TRYING to flirt, I focus all my attention on that person and get even more playful than usual in an overtly sexy way. They know it right away. It took years for me to build up that kind of confidence though. Usually I was the one who wrote about my crushes in a diary and was too shy to talk to them for years. Then I realized it was dumb to waste that much time, and I was pretty enough to go for the one I wanted!

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
All the male friends I've ever had have suspected me of flirting with them at some point. I'll be honest, it's almost as exasperating as all the women who read between my lines.
What personality types would you say your male friends tend to be?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts