Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:th_o: April fools!! But I'm not fooling when I say that we have a new MOTM right here, right now! This member blew away the competition this month and has secured the title, which is no surprise considering his fun persona and thoughtful posts. So let's all give it up for:

What's your real name?
Jens. I barely ever get called by that name though. I practically live on the internet and even my real life friend often call me some of my online nicknames. So the only people calling me that name would be my best friend and a few other friends.

How old are you?

I am 21, turning 22 this summer.

What country are you situated in?
Germany.

Are you single, dating, or married?
I am dating the wonderful and inspiring @The Chameleon <3

Do you have any kids?
No and I want it to stay that way.

How would you describe yourself in one word?

Nerdy

What is your favorite place to travel to?
Hmm. From the places I've travelled so far I'd have to say Austria. Beautiful sceneries, chill people and awesome food. Also I love wandering around aimlessly and seeing pretty things so that's always a good fit.

What is your favorite color?
Dark blue. It has always drawn me in and I'm a huge romantic.

What is your favorite weather?
20 degress celsius, barely any wind and mostly clouded =)

What are your favorite books, movies, tv shows, and video games?

Books:
I have to say the Tolkien works, I've always been drawn into the Tolkien universe ever since I first read the Lord of the Rings at 12 or so. I actually started learning Elvish back then yea..... I also really love The Circle, Animal Farm by Orwell and plays from the Weimarer Klassik. I also really love Shakespearean dramas and early 20th century realism. I also have a secret crush on late 19th century romanticism and I used to have a strange obsession with dark romanticism (Poe and stuff...). I really like Dystopian fiction as well. And many moreeeee

Movies:
This one is more difficult. Fight Club, The Lord of the Rings, Sonnenallee, Dogma, The Stepford Wives and a few more. I don't really enjoy movies that much though.

TV Shows:
I love anime and my favourites there are the following: Clannad After Story, Angel Beats, Fairy Tail, Death Note, Free! (who can withstand hot boys swimming?) and Tokyo Ghoul. I also love other TV shows namely Game of Thrones, Die Anstalt, Supernatural, Hannibal and a few more that don't want to be found anywhere on my mind right now.

Video games:
I'm in love with League of Legends mainly because I have met so many friends on there. I also play counterstrike currently. Other games I love are Dark Souls, Skyrim, Town of Salem, XCOM and random virtual novels. I play quite a few other games but I really mostly play League nowadays because I can play that with friends and we can always get a good laugh out of it. Also I can frustrate myself by playing ranked games and being matched up with random members from the wonderful community.

What are your favorite foods and beverages?
Foods: Steak by far. Medium rare. Godgiven food. Moreover, I really like Indian curries and light Japanese food. I mostly cook my own food but I'm still not that good at it. I've certainly in the last 2 years though.

Beverages: I mostly drink water on a daily basis but I also really like tea in general. Alcoholic beverages would be beer, mead, red wine and whiskey. My favourite beers are Altbier, Guinness and wheat beers.

What is your favorite animal?
Kittens. Actually, I secretely am a kitten =w= A rainbow kitten =w=

What kind of music do you enjoy?
I'll just list a few bands/artists I like: Arcade Fire, Radiohead, In Flames, Nightwish, Kraftklub, Scar Symmetry, Opeth, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Nine Inch Nails, La Dispute, Owl City, ASP, Soilwork, Bring Me The Horizon, Gorillaz, Dir En Grey, Arctic Monkeys, Stone Temple Pilots, Wir sind Helden, Kent, Dream Theater and I'm too lazy to continue.

Do you play or follow any sports?
I used to play Table Tennis on a team but then I injured my knee pretty badly so now I can't really play most sports competitively anymore. I still sometimes casually play football/soccer with my friends but I have to be extremely cautious whenever I do. I'm a diehard Schalke 04 fan and I also follow some eSports which may or may not count as sports as well =D

What are your favorite websites to visit?

PerC, youtube, reddit (i have a love-hate relationship with that one) and some other forums.

What is your greatest weakness?
Being too hard on myself.

What is your greatest strength?
I heard that I'm a good listener and can be very attentive and compassionate.

What motivates you?

My drive to constantly improve the world and myself.

What is your philosophy?
I'm a materialist and a humanist. I want Earth to become and earthly paradise and I'll contribute to that as much as I can. I think we all could be more attentive and thoughtful when it comes to our sorroundings. I subscribe to utilitarian ethics mostly.
Also I believe that this is our only shot at life. We have to make the best out of it while also letting other people make the best out of their lives in the process.
It's also important to not just rush through your life while inventing new goals constantly. I think many people do that without even noticing it - it's like they're addicted to making goals. I think it's really important to enjoy what you find along the way.

What are you passionate about?

Politics, video games, books, music, anime. I also like psychology and neuroscience quite a bit and randomly read articles on modern findings in physics.

What kinds of jobs have you had?

Pretty shitty ones. The worst one was the job at McDonald's during High School. I also worked for my uncle and did construction there. That was much better but also quite exhausting. Also I had to pretend to know stuff that I had no clue about >.>

What are your pet peeves?

Hypocrites, people with no empathy, people who reject their own compassion and people who think they are better than others.

What are your fears?
Failing myself and losing my loved ones. Also I'm terrified of darkness - when I'm inside. It's quite funny how I feel completely safe when I'm outside and it's super dark but going down into the basement at night? Hell no.

Who do you look up to?
@HorrorHound for his unbreakable passion and goodwill. @Marie Onette for her purry good puns. Tuomas Holopainen for being awesome.

Do you have any pets?

I wishhhh. My landlord won't allow any.

What do you do for fun and relaxation?

Play video games, read books, watch anime, listen to music and chat with friends. I also play a lot of mafia.

How did you get involved with personality typing?
I read about it on the internet and a few of my friends were talking about it so I checked it out, read into it and thought it was pretty cool and useful.

What is your Myers Briggs personality type?
INFP

What is your Enneagram type?

I am pretty sure that I'm a 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sx

So what's it like being an INFP and an Enneagram type 4?
It can be difficult at times but when life is enjoyable and I feel like I accomplished something or helped someone it just feels like my life is extremely rich. Also I love getting hung up over the beauty of things.

Do you think the different personality theories give an accurate description of you?
To some extent they do. You can't really put 7 billion people into 16 different boxes so of course it's not that accurate but I think it's quite insightful and helpful to some extent when you want to understand someone. It's like a rough draft that gives you a quick glimpse of someone's personality.

Which personality theory do you prefer, and why?
I like MBTI the most because it seems clear-cut and not overly ambitious.

Do you use personality typing in the real world?
I sometimes do but it's quite hard to type someone who I don't really know yet. I have secretly typed all my friends though =3

Has personality typing helped you in any way?
Yes, I'd say so. It has taught me a few things about the nature of personality and why people act the way they do.

Do you prefer to associate yourself with certain types, and why?
I don't think I do. It depends more on the individual really.

How did you initially find your way to PersonalityCafe?

I don't even remember ^^; I think I stumbled across it while trying to find out things about my type.

What made you join us?

Came for the typology. Stayed for the spam world, games and people.

Why did you choose "Morfinyon" as your username?
O Lord xD
It's the name of a character I made up with my best friend a long time ago. It's an Elvish character in the Tolkien universe and the name is derived from the Noldor Fin- "dynasty". We wanted our characters to be a bit out of place since we don't really belong in that universe so we made our characters have black hair which is atypical for that family and added the prefix Mor- which means "black" in Quenya. Then we also made our characters twins because we feel like twins in real life and added -yon and -yell at the end of our names which means "son" and "daughter" respectively. We thought that this is quite likely to happen in a Noldor framework since most of their names have specific meanings and that's how I ended up with Mor - Fin - Yon :happy:

What is the significance of your current avatar?

Right now it's Bismarck and I chose it for a World War themed mafia game on the forum. I might have changed it by the time this interview is released and in that case you can instead see Eto from Tokyo Ghoul for the Tokyo Ghoul themed mafia game I'm co-modding =)

How about your signature?
Same as above basically. A German flag for the mafia game.

If you had to choose your favorite forum on PerC, which would it be?
Tie between Spam World and Mafia

What do you like most about PersonalityCafe?

My boyfriend, some of the people, insightful topics and mafia.

What do you dislike most about PersonalityCafe?

Debates that end up in circlejerks focused on semantics.

What is the most important thing you've learned here?

There is a strong potential for passion and compassion in every person. You just have to find what triggers it and finding that is perhaps one of the most important things in life.

Do you have any advice for the community of PersonalityCafe?

You all obviously are very attentive when it comes to yourself and can be very introspective and analytical and deep. Try to also be attentive like that to the outside and really see what other people want in their life. It can be extremely helpful when people pay attention to each others' needs and feelings.

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Teleportation. It'd be super awesome and I could be anywhere I want without having to pay thousands of euros for flights.

What do you know now that you wish you'd known five years ago?

That there are no bad people and no good people.

What do you believe is your greatest accomplishment at this point?

Having woken up from a very long depression.

Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.

Morfy kitty isn't real :shocked:

What is next for you? What are your plans and goals for the future?

I'm studying computer science currently and I hope to finish that successfully. I'm not quite sure what to do after that honestly. I want to visit my boyfriend next year and perhaps move there once I have enough money and education. I also want to be more active in my party.

Give us your parting words.
Here's a story ^w^
There once was a boy named Jimmy. He really loved cats and nothing would stop him from petting his friendly neighbourhood cat. One day his dad run over the cat with his car. Jimmy was very sad. Deeply shaken by sorrow he was on the edge of being drowned by his dark and hollowing thoughts. So he stabbed his dad 27 times with a knife until his dad's insides were splattered all over the floor. The end.
JUST DON'T RUN OVER CATS OKAY?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congrats man . Have a merry christmas X3 ( a thing that came out of mind just roll with it ) .

Reactions: Morfy

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
w.wow... thank you, Morfs.

Reactions: Morfy

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
:th_o: April fools!! But I'm not fooling when I say that we have a new MOTM right here, right now!
I lol'd at the "corny" level: MAXIMUM of this ^^^^

But congrabulations, Alter!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.