Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I hear this Kate Nash song I think of us! :crazy: I think the girl she is singing about, 'Mariella', may be an INFP! Just thought I'd share... :happy:

I'm heavy handed, to say the least.
My mother thinks I'll be an awful clutcher 'cus I spill things from stiring them too quickly.
I'm far too loud.
Its like, as soon as I've got an opinion, it just has to come out.
I laugh at stupid things just 'cause they tickle me.

And sometimes, I wish, sometimes, I wish I was like Mariella,

she got some pritt stick and she glued her lips together.
So she never had to speak, never had to speak, never had to speak.
People used to say shes as quiet as a mouse, she just doesn't make a peep.

She marched to her wardrobe and she threw away the colour, because wearing black looks mysterious, but it didn't impress her mother.
She wanted to dress her baby in patterns and flowers, but Mariella just crossed her arms and so she cried for hours.

Mariella.
Mariella.
My pretty, baby girl
Unglue your lips from being together and, and wear some pink and pearls.
You can have your friends 'round and they can stay for tea.
Won't you just try to fit in please, do this for me.
But Mariella just crossed her arms and she walked up the stairs and she went into her bedroom, and she sat on her bed.
And she looked in the mirror and she thought to herself If I wanna play, I can play with me, If I wanna think, I'll think in my head.

At school, Mariella didn't have many friends, yeah, the girls, they all looked at her and they thought she was quite strange.
And the boys there not really into girls that age.
And the teachers, they thought Mariella was just going through a phase.
But Mariella just smiled and she skipped down the road because she knew all the secrets in her world.
yeah, she always got the crossword puzzles right every day and she could do the alphabet backwards, without making any mistakes.

Mariella.
Mariella.
My Pretty, pretty girl.
Mariella.
Mariella.
Happy in her own little world
Happy in her own little world

And she says yeah I'm never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, yeah, I'm never ever ever ever ever ever ever, yeah, I'm never ever ever ever ever ever ever gunna unglue my lips from being together
She said I'm never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, yeah, I'm never ever ever ever ever ever ever, ever ever ever ever ever ever evereverevereverevereverevereverever gunna unglue my lips from being together

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I can relate to that. Introversion and extroversion are confusing me even more lol

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can relate to that. Introversion and extroversion are confusing me even more lol
LOL! The song could be about anybody... I just saw so much of myself in the lyrics! Especially when I was a teen-ager...all gothy like, dressed in black! My mom always tried to get me to wear color and wished she had a "normal" daughter. Meh....like the song says....we don't care...we're happy in our own little world! :crazy:

Reactions: Vaka

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
LOL! The song could be about anybody... I just saw so much of myself in the lyrics! Especially when I was a teen-ager...all gothy like, dressed in black! My mom always tried to get me to wear color and wished she had a "normal" daughter. Meh....like the song says....we don't care...we're happy in our own little world! :crazy:
lol I'm sorry...I'm pretty much in a brain coma trying to figure out MBTI and cognitive functions better :dry:
So that's basically all I'm thinking about...I'm such a weirdo >.<

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol I'm sorry...I'm pretty much in a brain coma trying to figure out MBTI and cognitive functions better :dry:
So that's basically all I'm thinking about...I'm such a weirdo >.<
We are all weirdos in one way or another!! It's the NF way! LOL!! :crazy::tongue::happy:

Reactions: SenhorFrio and Vaka

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it reminds me of another song, kids song, about a girl called Mira who has a Giant Squid as her friend ... i feel that we INFPs are different from others

Mira and the Giant Squid - Kids' Zong of the Week
I love that!! Especially this part:

"So, Mira, what is up with that giant squid on your head
The giant squid, the giant squid, right on top of your head, yeah
Why could you have a cute little lamb instead
Girls with lambs are precious; why not get a lamb instead, yeah?"
Mira said, "you know it's true
Sometimes you pick your friends
Sometimes they pick you

And sometimes they have tentacles with suction cups
And you just can't argue"

:cool::happy:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I LOVE KATE NASH!!!! It's weird, I was just listening to her when I stumbled upon this thread o_O

"but Mariella just smiled as she skipped down the road, cos she knew all the secrets in her world..."
I sometimes can relate to this line very well. I don't think I know EVERYTHING, and sometimes I really can't understand people. But I know my small circle of existence and all it's corners and what lives there better than I think a lot of people know theirs.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I LOVE KATE NASH!!!! It's weird, I was just listening to her when I stumbled upon this thread o_O

"but Mariella just smiled as she skipped down the road, cos she knew all the secrets in her world..."
I sometimes can relate to this line very well. I don't think I know EVERYTHING, and sometimes I really can't understand people. But I know my small circle of existence and all it's corners and what lives there better than I think a lot of people know theirs.
Isn't she awesome!! I've been listening to her latest album lots lately. Everything I hear this song I totally relate...so I had to share! :)

And I totally agree...my world is quite small compared to many others but I am very in tuned with it...and I'm happy there. And sometimes, just sometimes...I'll let somebody else have a glimpse into it... :happy:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I love that!! Especially this part:

"So, Mira, what is up with that giant squid on your head
The giant squid, the giant squid, right on top of your head, yeah
Why could you have a cute little lamb instead
Girls with lambs are precious; why not get a lamb instead, yeah?"
Mira said, "you know it's true
Sometimes you pick your friends
Sometimes they pick you

And sometimes they have tentacles with suction cups
And you just can't argue"

:cool::happy:
i like this song very much, because my name is Mira and this song reminds me so much of who i am,,,i am just as weird as Mira in the song

glad you liked it :proud:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Story of my life kinda when I was a little younger and kinda right now ^^ except about the colors... wearing black just makes me sad. I love colors.

Reactions: Memphisto
1 - 15 of 15 Posts