Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read various threads and articles regarding the effects of marijuana on the cognitive functions.

Has anybody found a pattern?

Something along the lines of "subdues primary function and forces inferior to become dominant"? or "reverses cognitive function preference order?"

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,436 Posts
I smoke with this ENTP/ENFP couple every now and then.

When I'm high I get lost in a world of random and swirling thoughts spinning at 200 mp/h. Meanwhile they look completely normal, just being comfortable and going on about their business. So yeah, you might be on to something with lower functions surfacing/taking over.

But then again, they are chronic smokers whereas I'm not at all. So it could simply be a question of tolerance towards the substance.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I know an ESTP who smokes le marijuana - rarely - when he does, he basically becomes completely paranoid that everyone is out to get him.
He thinks literally everyone is talking about him and wants to bash him and he thinks anyone who looks at him wants a fight.

Basically he's banned from marijuana now, amongst people who know what he's like.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
It actually heightens all my senses like i experience 4D sensations. Like whenever I'm on weeds, it always feels good to eat, to kiss, to watch, everything about senses.

I know someone who got panic attack when he experienced the effect of weed. He told me he's like about to die. Probably he got paranoid. Probably it's not good for J types xDD or people who doesn't know how to live in the moment because weeds makes u feel like you're living in the moment

For me it shuts off your brain and your sensory is focused

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,195 Posts
the only thing marijuana really does is temporarily negatively affects your short term memory.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
I smoke weed time to time and I have to say that I really seem to strengthen my Ni and Ne when high. I tend to think way deeper for meanings and certain sayings.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,436 Posts
So basically Ss and Ns switch the way they see the world?

xSxx: ''Dude! What if we're all part of someone's dream and when they wake up, the entire universe as we know it vanishes?''

xNxx: ''I saw a really sweet leather jacket today, think I'm gonna buy it tomorrow''

I think there is some validity here.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
agreed with some of all of you...

for me it heightens sense appreciation - touch and sound is much better, sex is amazing, music is great... but it also decreases response time and vision isnt the best but maybe things look slightly 'brighter'.. maybe it tunes down thinking and increases intuitiveness, emotion and some sense?

there has to be a pattern somewhere...

that beign said, i have gotten paranoid on weed before...and sometimes if the conversation goes silent i feel anxiety and want to withdraw, perhaps my ennea8 style. i realize its all in my head though, and just wait it out. still love it :)

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I don’t smoke but I eat some candies to deal with pain.

I don’t know why but it does not affect me the same way it ( seems) to affect ithers.

If anything, I think it strengthens my dominant functions. Most days I’m “ Uuugh. Time to clean up the kitchen -AGAIN. Or I GUESS I could pay video games, also super kame. I’m SO bored and there is nothing to do.” In the end I waste a lot of t8me thinking of all the things I COULD be doing.

After I eat my candies I feel very content and motivated. “ Oh I could clean up the house and make it really nice, Which should I do first? Kitchen, laundry-ooh! I could do laundry in my bedroom where the compute4 so I can watch cartoons a5 the same time! Maybe after one load I’ll play some videogames! Yeah that’d be great!”

From then On I don’t think I just do and am very productive, seems like the ENTJ thing to do.

However, I do have a theory as to why; lack of inhabition. I hate to admit it but I repress the hell out of own personality. Everyone I know is an introverted feeler and they get pissed off by just about everything I do. I have to tread lightly around them. With less inhibition I am more likely to say “ I don’t care if you hate how I o things, Ima do it anyway and you can help by getting the hell out of my way.”

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone I know is an introverted feeler and they get pissed off by just about everything I do. I have to tread lightly around them.
oh man... so sorry for you =/ ive been getting beat up the past couple years myself living in the bay area. yeesh.. i cant even sneeze without offending someone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts