Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This show just makes me cringe with delight. A panel of experts pair a couple to meet and marry. The couple meets for the first time at the altar. It's like e-harmony on steroids ,but without that creepy old man. There is no prize money. Each person brings to the table the money and stuff they have now.

For single INTJs who want this type of relationship (given the points above) if a panel of experts selected your perfect match do you think you could marry someone at first sight?

·
Registered
315 Posts
They better be paying them enough to live happily ever after on their own personal island, because I do not understand the incentive of this at all.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
HELL NO. I would need to assess my partner over time in order to determine whether he is marriage material. No one is more expert in my personal wants and needs than I am.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Goodness no, this would be a disaster. As horrible as it is (and I even recognize it as so) I am definitely person who feels initial attraction and excitement about a new person and becomes bored quickly thereafter. I am in love with the idea of a new experience and once the idea becomes old the person is no longer needed.

I know myself way better than any expert could.

I can see it now:

"You told us that you are introverted and prefer alone time; we've decided to pair you with Contestant K who is extroverted and can help you come out of your shell!"

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Goodness no, this would be a disaster. As horrible as it is (and I even recognize it as so) I am definitely person who feels initial attraction and excitement about a new person and becomes bored quickly thereafter. I am in love with the idea of a new experience and once the idea becomes old the person is no longer needed.
Tell that to all the people who push aside our nonexistent plans of getting married as "going through a rebellious phase."

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I don't get it. Why would they do this? Are they so incredibly bad at picking people and so dying to get married that they decide to let someone pick for them? That's nuts. Or do they just want to be on reality television that badly? Wouldn't it make more sense to do some insanely stupid stunt and send it into the local television station? Then you get to be on tv and you don't have to worry about some stranger raiding your bank account or going psycho in the middle of the kitchen floor.

I hope they have the divorce papers all ready to go. They'll need them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well... maybe they are just trying to be helpful. But then, no, thank you. Maybe it will work for someone else, not me. How do I know? I just know. Shut up.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I don't get it. Why would they do this? Are they so incredibly bad at picking people and so dying to get married that they decide to let someone pick for them? That's nuts. Or do they just want to be on reality television that badly? Wouldn't it make more sense to do some insanely stupid stunt and send it into the local television station? Then you get to be on tv and you don't have to worry about some stranger raiding your bank account or going psycho in the middle of the kitchen floor.

I hope they have the divorce papers all ready to go. They'll need them.

They probably get pressurized by society and their parents to quickly get married soon and they couldn't take those pressure around them anymore so they decided to just randomly marry anyone and let someone else pick their partner for them.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Fuck no. God no.

Fuck fuck fuck. NO.

What are these people thinking?

Reactions: Green Girl

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've seen this show! I don't know if I could do it and by the looks of the other posts it isn't just because of my Asexuality. I like the idea of the show I suppose but at the same time I would
1. Feel bad for any marriages that didn't make it.
2. Be constantly worry that those people will lose all hope for a relationship. D:

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
To be honest, it's not always going to go badly.

The endorphins and neurotransmitters (namely dopamine) that would be released during such an intense and exciting moment could, thereoretically, be enough to bind the couple together for life. Should they want to keep working at it.

But this isn't something I could do. I just read it as incredibly desperate.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4
6,496 Posts
Fuck no. God no.

Fuck fuck fuck. NO.

What are these people thinking?
Thread necro but I couldn't resist...
They're probably thinking what you just typed, only with the word "YES!" instead...

Reactions: LostFavor

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've been an epic failure so far ... as long as divorce is an option and a prenup is involved, then i would give it a go.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts