Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to hear some stories about INFJ's who proposed. What did you do? Where did you do it? Was he/she expecting it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it interesting that we don't have people replying. That means: 1.) There are a lot of single INFJ's. 2.) There are a lot of INFJ's that are proposed to, but don't propose. 3.) Or, nobody wants to answer. Lol. Either way, there is a theory in the making, I believe.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
After I had known her for about 3 days, I half-jokingly said 'How do you feel about getting married?'. I really did like her so much I wanted to marry her relatively soon, but I didn't have any specific timeframe in mind just yet. She replied with 'Wait, I'd like to talk about it with my parents first" and walked off.

About 5 minutes later we were engaged because I didn't want to ruin it by saying 'well, I didn't necessarily mean right now'. There you have it: the least romantic proposal in history. We're still happily married though, and in it for the long haul. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
After I had known her for about 3 days, I half-jokingly said 'How do you feel about getting married?'. I really did like her so much I wanted to marry her relatively soon, but I didn't have any specific timeframe in mind just yet. She replied with 'Wait, I'd like to talk about it with my parents first" and walked off.

About 5 minutes later we were engaged because I didn't want to ruin it by saying 'well, I didn't necessarily mean right now'. There you have it: the least romantic proposal in history. We're still happily married though, and in it for the long haul. :)
I'd like to hear about this in more detail. How long have you been together? What about her made you feel that way so quickly? Just curious :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'd like to hear about this in more detail. How long have you been together? What about her made you feel that way so quickly? Just curious :)
First and foremost that she simply exudes happiness, sexiness and vulnerability. She doesn't really have a way with words, but she's more than fluent in body language. When I look at her it makes me want to nurture her and ravish her at the same time.

A lot of guys used to ignore her because she had both terrible acne and the scars resulting from that, but if you look past that she's really very beautiful. I did some research and found a skin product for her that is slowly but surely getting rid of both (M2 skin refinisher, if anyone is interested- it's worth every penny), so now she's turning heads again. :p

Anyway, I guess an important aspect is that I was actively looking for a marriage partner, not a girlfriend. I'm a Christian of the 'no sex before marriage' persuasion, so that definitely played a part in it. Simply said, she had the complete package:

1) Physically attractive (to me, not necessarily what the mainstream finds hot)
2) Similar values (most importantly, we both want a relationship to last a lifetime; simply divorcing when there's a rough patch is something we both want to avoid at all costs)
3) Homebody/introvert (ISFP)
4) Excellent mother (she has her own little daycare business and basically raised all her nephews and neices)
5) A sense of duty and responsibility.

After 3 days, I just knew I wanted to marry her. At least someday. It either feels right or it doesn't, I guess. I didn't expect she would say yes so soon, but I guess she felt the same way. So I was kinda happy she misinterpretted my question, although I would have asked her within the week anyway if she had said she would like to get married.

Oh and we've been together for about 5 years now. It's a (very) long distance marriage though. If all goes according to plan, she can come live with me in The Netherlands around January or February 2014. We Skype/Yahoo a lot. We're physically together only about 2 months a year, unfortunately. However, I'm fairly certain I 'get laid' more often in those 2 months than the average single guy does in 2 years, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything in that respect.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

I'd say that's one of the most legendary proposals in history though. It might not seem like the idea of something romantic, but it does seem like one of those love at first sight things, which could actually be respected in it's own right. Plus that saying "When you know, you know." Your values are an important factor. Christians stay married more often than non-Christians if you look at the stats. So in my opinion it's more acceptable, still extremely unique though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm single, so have no story to share, and my mother's an INFJ as well, but she was proposed to by my father (he actually told his mother a couple days after he met my mom that she was the one he was going to marry, and four month later they were engaged, and have been married for over twenty years).

·
Registered
307 Posts
I find it interesting that we don't have people replying. That means: 1.) There are a lot of single INFJ's. 2.) There are a lot of INFJ's that are proposed to, but don't propose. 3.) Or, nobody wants to answer. Lol. Either way, there is a theory in the making, I believe.
I can't help but to smile by your post. I think you're on to something.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

BRB, dying from cuteness overload :blushed:

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
... Or they're in relationships that haven't reached the engagement stage yet? :tongue:

Anyway, I haven't been in the situation myself as of yet, but I'd like to be able to make it a statement rather than a... plea? I'd rather say "Let's get married" instead of "Will you marry me (pretty, pretty please with sugar and spice and everything nice)?". Making it into a question seems kinda silly. As does praying your SO will say yes, really, by that point in a relationship. Well, unless it's only 3 days in like some people. :wink:

A declaration of love and commitment seems more appealing to me. *shrug* I never really understood where that tradition came from, of practically begging your SO to commit to you. That commitment should already be there. Marriage is just the outward expression of the already established relationship for others to see. "We're committed to each other and we're declaring it to the world."

Anyway, just IMHO. And as far as a romantic setting goes, well, who knows. It hasn't happened yet for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts