Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Al: Ji dominant type. Flexible until his own rationale or principles (what have you) are violated by some yuppie, then speaks up in defense of them, however questionably virtuous they may be. I don't feel very strongly about any one of the four.

Peg: Sorry ESFP, you get another shallow, bumbling idiot to further ill represent the type. In my defense, I actually did gave it some thought. I considered Te dominant; I don't see Peggy as an Fe type as there is no evidence that her value system really would be objective. Her views seem more independent and alien in that regard. ENTJ wouldn't be totally out of the question because it'd be the same pair of extroverted dominant/tertiary functions but it would also mean auxiliary Ni, of which there is really no evidence for that to be one of her conscious processes (there's also nothing explicitly against it, but still).

Bud: INTJ, more or less. Usually spending his time coming up with new approaches to attracting women, random business schemes, et cetera. I considered F but he doesn't seem Fe/Ti so much, somehow. His sense of external judgement seems less concerned with paying attention to and connecting with others (Fe) and more with the hard results of whatever it is. He doesn't seem Si, nor can I really see either of the Ji functions as dominant.

Kelly: ENTP. If there was ever a good example in fiction or reality of what a dopey NT would be like, I think she is it. This is sort of tough anyway though because Kelly's character kind of goes through a few distinct phases (all the show's characters did, but hers especially). When the series began she was a fairly normal teenage girl really with a strong "brat" mentality. Later they turned her more and more completely mentally deficient who couldn't spell three letter words, and by the end of the series they pulled a complete 180 and had her suddenly be a genius or something if I'm remembering right. The way she approached her lifestyle though seemed a lot like Ne's constantly changing, moving forward, dynamic sense, even if it was usually about juggling different boys or whatnot.

Marcy: ISTJ. Marcy is ridiculously Si, and it's portrayed so strongly that you could make a case for her as a fictional "pure" type. She is always vividly recalling the past and putting herself back in the moment as if she is there.

Steve: Not sure. I can't quite recall a whole lot of Steve for some reason right now, and I liked him way better than Jefferson. I'm thinking you could make a case for either ISFJ or INTP depending on how you look at it. I think he had some deal where he was this huge nerd in school, but he had this sort of Fe drive to fit in deep down, and he seemed kind of Si with how he dealt with his perceptions of things (don't ask why I think this), but the thing about Steve was he had this duality going on where he wanted to be one way but was shoehorned into another most of the time.

Jefferson: ESTP. Seems more independent with his thinking tendencies (to whatever degree you can say Jefferson conceptualizes anything) which makes me say Ti/Fe over Fi/Te.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Al - ISTP
Peg - ESTP, more Se+Fe
Bud - INTP, ENTP is possible too
Kelly - ESFP
Marcy - ESFJ
Jeffersen - ESTP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts