Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Omg yes. My mother, and Aunt are BOTH this way, and it makes me want to put a gun in my mouth, and pull the trigger. They go on and on, and on, about shit that happened 35 years ago, like how someone ran into them in the grocery store and caused them to drop their purse. Then they will go on to say how badly that "hurt" them. It's like what the fuck, are you for real? You are hung up over something that retarded that happened 35 years ago, and you're sitting here crying over it? And then expect me to console you over something that ridiculous? Really? Are you insane? Who fucking cares, shit happens, get over it, and stop bitching. Gets on my nerves so bad. Not sure if that is considered a "Martyr" or not, but I felt it appropriate for this thread.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Seems to be a common link here...

Maybe mums just want some acknowledgement, to be appreciated for everything they do.

There must be some mothers here who can back me up on this.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
^Great point!

I think the original post was referring to the passive-aggressive behaviors associated with doing things that other people don't ask for or expect... sorta like overextending ourselves unnecessarily, then getting upset, worked up, and angry about it.

I know a few people like this, and at times, it feels like walking on eggshells. I do stop to acknowledge them tho.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
Seems to be a common link here...

Maybe mums just want some acknowledgement, to be appreciated for everything they do.

There must be some mothers here who can back me up on this.
There's a huge difference between people like my stepmother and real mothers like my own, who did a lot for others and never once complained 9in fact, the only time I remember her complaining was when she was on dialysis at home for four hours three times a week, and I think anyone would have the right to complain about that). or acted like a martyr. My mother brought up five children and helped out at the primary school we went to and did a lot for people she knew, all whilst suffering from a serious kidney disease that killed her at age 47, her own mother at 35 (my mother was 10 at the time), and her sister at 54. Meanwhile my stepmother is this crazed religious doormat who you cannot reason with, who won't appreciate what others do for her, who will whine and whinge about something and who seems to have no problem with her 14 year old son smoking.

Maybe my mum was a very healthy ENFJ, and my stepmother a very unhealthy ISFJ.

The mothers, fathers and everyone else who does a lot and make a lot of sacrifices deserve the acknowledgements and appreciation, and the martyrs deserve nothing.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.