Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
It does, but I was more talking about the character, not the actor played the character. Though I have to add I love Julie Andrews as well!

Mary Poppins was a book before Julie Andrews picked up the umbrella:wink:.
The character in the book reminds me more of ISFJ...

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Well, turns out my mother is an ISTJ. I have chicken pox right now. My mom seems to be mad at me for having them. And she keeps reminding me that I'm contagious and contaminating everything, even though I'm no where near anyone who could catch them.

I think Mary Poppins would at least give me a spoon full of sugar in my suffering.

Reactions: niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Well, turns out my mother is an ISTJ. I have chicken pox right now. My mom seems to be mad at me for having them. And she keeps reminding me that I'm contagious and contaminating everything, even though I'm no where near anyone who could catch them.

I think Mary Poppins would at least give me a spoon full of sugar in my suffering.
Chicken Pox!!! That is a serious disease to have as an adult. You are fortunate not to be in the hospital.

*Feels sorry for Pink*

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Chicken Pox!!! That is a serious disease to have as an adult. You are fortunate not to be in the hospital.

*Feels sorry for Pink*
Thank you. I'd hug you but it would hurt and I doubt you'd want one.

Hospital was Sunday. Now if you only convey to my mother that I did not get these on purpose. :sad:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Thank you. I'd hug you but it would hurt and I doubt you'd want one.

Hospital was Sunday. Now if you only convey to my mother that I did not get these on purpose. :sad:
Ummm...never been able to "convey" anything to my ISTJ mom...prolly not much better with yours. Go mess up her sock drawer...she'll spend the rest of the afternoon rearranging it. :tongue:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Ummm...never been able to "convey" anything to my ISTJ mom...prolly not much better with yours. Go mess up her sock drawer...she'll spend the rest of the afternoon rearranging it. :tongue:
You guys are sweet.

Niss you made me laugh so hard and I only have half of a throat right now! Messing up her sock drawer would be more of a punishment for me! Do you have any idea the length of speech? It wouldn't be in song either.

So I think the real question here is "What would Mary Poppins do if her sock drawer was out of order?" :tongue:

Do you guys remember this take on Mary Poppins?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Yeah, I guess the lecture might negate the benefit of giving her a task...unless you wore ear plugs.:crazy:

No, I hadn't seen the scary mary...funny.:cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
That video was AWESOME! Mary Poppins (or Julie Andrews) can be my nanny anyday!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
154 Posts
And hilarious about the sock drawer. My roommate's an ISTJ - that would mess up her entire day!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,498 Posts

*Feels sorry for Pink*
Agreed. I had it in 1979 and it ranks right up there in the Top 10 of suck. I had pox EVERYWHERE. To this day, I've got visible pox scars that can't be covered up by clothing; you have my sympathies.

·
Registered
447 Posts
"Practically perfect people never permit sentiment to muddle their thinking."
I have always loved that quote from the movie- I used to LIVE by that quote when I was younger. I think she has some ISTJ traits, but I do not think she is exclusively ISTJ.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"Practically perfect people never permit sentiment to muddle their thinking."
I have always loved that quote from the movie- I used to LIVE by that quote when I was younger. I think she has some ISTJ traits, but I do not think she is exclusively ISTJ.
Was going to bring that one up, but you beat me to it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts