Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever used Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs as a tool to troubleshoot lack of fulfillment in your life?

Maslow's hierarchy of needs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any opinions on it?

I think it is fairly good, don't know about the hierarchy though.

I've been fairly happy recently, but occasionally I'll hit a spot where I feel really empty and have been trying to pinpoint what specifically I'm lacking. Seems like it's probably mostly property, friendship, and respect by others. I'm longing for a place to live where I'll have more freedom and solitude, some friends to relate to, and people to treat me better. How about you?

·
Registered
357 Posts
In every psychology class I ever had... and a family science class, and an education class, a human development class... the list goes on :dry:

I think its okay though. The hierarchy I do find interesting. There are always deviations to things as such and I believe that I am proof of that for several reasons but I am deviant of normality to some degree. I think the conceptual structure and components of it is decent and it is general and broad enough to apply to many people. I reckon that there are plenty of deviations when it come to this though based on the sample he used to come up with the model.

I think its cool you use it on a daily basis to evaluate your life. It wouldn't be as effective for me. In a class I am taking we were/are to use it to understand the kids we work with. It is pretty resourceful for putting things in perspective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts