Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any well known criminals (such as murderers or even conmen etc) and their typing, to see whether there was a loose correlation between the two.

If you have any theories as to why they did what they did, opinions or even facts etc then please share.

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I enjoy studying about the affects of child abuse. I would love to know the typical type that are the victims and the typical type of the abuser. I doubt one could put up a poll that would encourage the abuser to confess that he did someone like that.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It would be extremely difficult to type a serial killer, considering most or all are sociopaths.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Most of them have Antisocial Personality Disorder and another chunk are Schizophrenics, so it's madness that usually causes it.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Only thing that might correlate with crime is being a T. Most of prison population is male (~90%) and most men test as a T on the MBTI. Being a T gives one more self-confidence but it can manifest as self-confience in doing risky things. Hypothetically Ti types would probably be less sensitive to do something to break the law than Te types. But personality disorders and various imbalances also come into play here so it is difficult to tell for sure.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I enjoy studying about the affects of child abuse. I would love to know the typical type that are the victims and the typical type of the abuser. I doubt one could put up a poll that would encourage the abuser to confess that he did someone like that.
So my daughter and I are both victims of child abuse. We are both ENFP. My ex was (her dad) was an abusive ENFJ.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, I don't know if most of these guys are typable or not. In the case of serial killers, for example, most of them are superficially charming and gregarious, yet are actually loners. While meeting a lot of Thinker stereotypes, I don't whether they can truly be considered thinkers or not. They meet those stereotypes, because they lack a conscience, more or less, but committing crimes isn't necessarily logical decision making, of any sort, when you know it can lead to imprisonment. I've seen people argue similar things are actually more of a value judgment process, in that it feels good or right to them. A vast majority of violent criminal offenders are said to be psychopathic or sociopathic.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I don't know if most of these guys are typable or not. In the case of serial killers, for example, most of them are superficially charming and gregarious, yet are actually loners. While meeting a lot of Thinker stereotypes, I don't whether they can truly be considered thinkers or not. They meet those stereotypes, because they lack a conscience, more or less, but committing crimes isn't necessarily logical decision making, of any sort, when you know it can lead to imprisonment. I've seen people argue similar things are actually more of a value judgment process, in that it feels good or right to them. A vast majority of violent criminal offenders are said to be psychopathic or sociopathic.

Indeed.

I was just thinking...

I was watching a documentary on a conman or conmen and how they would choose their words wisely and deceive of subtly pressure their "victims" to give money or do favours etc. And how they would live double lives. Then this whole idea came to me as to whether you could type someone. Even though they have these different traits they may be exhibiting different "personalities" to suit the alias or facade...

Do you think you would still be able to type a conman...?
When would the real and con begin and end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts