Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many advantages and disadvantages of being an ESFP. The purpose of this thread is to contribute ideas on how to make life better in terms of one's successes in the world of people around you. I will start:

A Master ESFP has learned not to interject humor during a business meeting.

A Master ESFP has learned not to be funny when a loved one is having a crisis.

A Master ESFP learns to match peoples talents with tasks in a church meeting (People are excellent tools, but they must be used properly and not abused).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I crack jokes when people come to me when they're in a crisis or need moral support. I think it makes people feel better when they smile or laugh, even if it's just for two seconds.

But I guess a master ESFP knows the right time for jokes!

A young master ESFP knows the value of school and tries to pay more attention in class!

That's all I've got for now.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
A MASTER Se user period should give mindfulness a try. It seems to be my destiny to do it myself since I'm confronted with it all the time in different arenas (therapy, spirituality, now psychology) so I give in, I'll do it!! I made one of my own that's quite stimulating in the right circumstances.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Schoolin' & the ESFP

I crack jokes when people come to me when they're in a crisis or need moral support. I think it makes people feel better when they smile or laugh, even if it's just for two seconds.

But I guess a master ESFP knows the right time for jokes!

A young master ESFP knows the value of school and tries to pay more attention in class!

That's all I've got for now.

ESFPs & Education:

If you can do the formal education plan, go for it by all means. I tried, but finally tossed in the towel. Later, I was told by a professor that an ESFP was the least likely type to graduate from school, and it was most likely when hooked in tightly with another bunch of people whom he was really close to, i.e. Greek Org.

Wish I'd rushed!
Digger Blue

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
You mean I'm not the only one? I sure didn't fit in there, plus I could never make up my mind what to do. 10,000$ later...Now I know why though at least, what I really want to do you can't go to college for. I had lots of social fun in college though at least and most was after school (not all) but that isn't the point :tongue:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can only speak for my ESFPness.

I have learned while we may not be the most analytical or book smart.We are witty and clever.

A Master ESfp..must and should sharpen their interpersonal skills. It will get you ahead.

Reactions: Neon Knight

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I have noticed this too. I've got a long road ahead of me... :crazy:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whipping Books

I can only speak for my ESFPness.

I have learned while we may not be the most analytical or book smart.
I am good at sprints. I was not worth much in college, but if I want to learn something, I can grab books from the library and study up and become quite on top of the subject. I have to have a need for the knowledge, however. Don't limit yourselves in what you can get out of a book!

Regards,
Digger Blue
:happy:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am good at sprints. I was not worth much in college, but if I want to learn something, I can grab books from the library and study up and become quite on top of the subject. I have to have a need for the knowledge, however. Don't limit yourselves in what you can get out of a book!

Regards,
Digger Blue
True that, I'm the same way. I'm great at obsessing and learning everything about a subject that has sparked my interest. I do believe any individual can learn anything they apply themselves too. You are right we should never limit ourselves :happy:

·
Registered
126 Posts

Regards,
Digger Blue
I love reading books about wildlife & autobiographies. But I hate novels with a passion

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I enjoy novels as well as short stories. I read the entire works of O'Henry. My wife can't stand reading short stories.
When I was referring to sprints, I was speaking of studying up on things. I read about 4 books on psychology, the brain, interactions between people on the subconscious level, etc. That was far from achieving a bachlors degree in psychology, but I did come away with what I wanted to learn, and I am smarter than the average bear now on the areas I studied.
I did not make it through Calculus, and I am done trying. If calculus needs to be done, I let some NT have that one. That's not my job.
DB
:cool:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
From http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ESFP_per.htmlTen Rules to Live By to Achieve ESFP Success
1. Feed Your Strengths! Encourage your natural expressive abilities and hands-on talents. Nourish your appreciation of the world. Give yourself opportunities to enjoy life to the full.

2. Face Your Weaknesses! Realize and accept that some traits are strengths and some are weaknesses. Facing and dealing with your weaknesses doesn't mean that you have to change who you are, it means that you want to be the best You possible. By facing your weaknesses, you are honoring your true self, rather than attacking yourself.

3. Express Your Feelings. Don't let worries build up inside of you. If you are troubled by doubt or fear, tell those close to you who will listen and offer counsel. Don't make the mistake of “blipping over it” or “sorting it out” some quick fix way.

4. Listen to Everything. Try not to accept everything at face value. Let everything soak in and listen to your feelings.

5. Smile at Criticism. Remember that people will not always agree with you or understand you, even if they value you greatly. Try to see disagreement and criticism as an opportunity for growth. In fact, that is exactly what it is.

6. Be Aware of Others. Remember that there are 15 other personality types out there who see things differently than you see them. Try to identify other people's types. Try to understand their perspectives.

7. Be Accountable for Yourself. Remember that your every word and action affects those around you, so it is important for you to be fully responsible for your self, and to the values you hold.

8. Be Gentle in Your Expectations. You will always be disappointed with others if you expect too much of them. Being disappointed with another person is the best way to drive them away. Treat others with the same gentleness that you would like to be treated with.

9. Assume the Best. Don't distress yourself by assuming the worst. Remember that a positive attitude often creates positive situations.

10. When in Doubt, Ask Questions! If something seems to be wrong and you can’t put your finger on it, maybe someone else can. Remember, there are many ways of seeing the world, and perhaps someone else’s way will reveal the truth

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
In terms of mastering the physical need of the sensate in relation to the need for puropse,garnered when the aux feeling is further developed,I believe a wonderful example to be Constantin Stanislavski...The founder of "The Method" technique of acting..."Living the part" observing Human behavior and skillfully assimilating the fundemental aspects of their expressions within your own...taking the time to reflect upon the character and the vicissitudes of form relative to the part..all requires the development of ESFP functons apparently Se,Fi,Te,and most significantly Ni...i am sure that there exist others,yet this has come to mind as one of the more predominant examples..

·
Registered
500 Posts
ESFPs & Education:

If you can do the formal education plan, go for it by all means. I tried, but finally tossed in the towel. Later, I was told by a professor that an ESFP was the least likely type to graduate from school, and it was most likely when hooked in tightly with another bunch of people whom he was really close to, i.e. Greek Org.

Wish I'd rushed!
Digger Blue
whatever to the professor. I graduated high school with honors and University of Texas with Honors and was just told I was intelligent from a physician the other day. I surprised the shite out of a high school friend when I was 7th and he was 8th in the top 10 of our class... I know what it is.. We enjoy the moment and enjoy the SPness and we are perfectly capable of being NT.
I've tested it, but it sucks and I don't feel me when I tap in to the theoretical Pepp. :blushed:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts