Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I have found something which could qualify as good material for slowly indoctrinating my future child (i.e. my backup plan if I happen to fuck up, which seems likely as of today):

Are ISFP women easier to impregnate?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Congratulations.

The surprising news is that you can't really indoctrinate your children. They will be their own persons*. Besides, it's far more interesting to watch them and see what they do.

*apologies for bad grammar.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Congratulations.

The surprising news is that you can't really indoctrinate your children. They will be their own persons*. Besides, it's far more interesting to watch them and see what they do.

*apologies for bad grammar.
Really? I thought that intense environmental stimuli at a young age can even activate certain genes in a child. Of course there is the base personality, but that doesn't mean you can't engineer certain variables * their personality coefficient. This effect would depend on how strong the child's personality is, of course.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Leaving aside the complete lack of evidence to support your statements....

Why would you want to?

It's fascinating watching kids grow, the more so when they display characteristics that you don't share.

It's also quite odd to hear ENTPs suggesting they'd want to be so controlling...that isn't supposed to be how we parent. Although of course,there are no rules, you bring yours up how you want!

I have a super-plus Ne-heavy ENFP and a charismatic ENFJ to my name. I don't think I did anything to give them those personalities, apart from supply genetic material.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leaving aside the complete lack of evidence to support your statements....

Why would you want to?

It's fascinating watching kids grow, the more so when they display characteristics that you don't share.

It's also quite odd to hear ENTPs suggesting they'd want to be so controlling...that isn't supposed to be how we parent. Although of course,there are no rules, you bring yours up how you want!

I have a super-plus Ne-heavy ENFP and a charismatic ENFJ to my name. I don't think I did anything to give them those personalities, apart from supply genetic material.
Why I would want to? Because it's my birthright.

Alas, my statement was intended to be perceived as one of stereotypical parody rather than my actual intentions. But you cought me... Since you so gracefully pulled the drape from my evil plans (with a smirk?), I now feel a need to revise them. Perhaps I should consider the book as more of a thing pertaining to education, which I have heard is a more covert option...

In case you change your mind and want to turn from passive to active indoctrinator:
Sozi loves ideas. The only trouble is, she can t seem to ever finish them. Like Oh the Places You ll Go by Dr Seuss, Her Idea is a book for both children and adults but especially for anyone who has said I think I ll start tomorrow. Told in delightfully honest rhyme (Hmm, maybe later/Not today anyway/ It s such a big task/And she d much rather play) and accompanied by vibrant illustrations, it is an inspiring story within a story about getting to THE END.

Amazon.com: Her Idea (9789881732804): Rilla Alexander: Books

1 - 12 of 12 Posts