Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good math resource sites for algebra up to Calculus I/II? Going back to college after 7 years come fall and I just want to prepare myself ahead of time without having to pay for reference books/lessons. (especially considering I will likely remember stuff not long after looking over stuff.)

Reactions: Dauntless

·
Banned
2,871 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I'll 3rd the KhanAcademy recommendation.

Reactions: Dauntless

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been trying Khan academy for about a week now. (asked my aunt who is a Math professor at UNM, she recommended it as well.)

I can definitely say that it has helped refresh my memory quite a bit. Thank you all for the recommendations.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Personally, I really dislike Kahn academy. First off, I don't like videos. Second off, he leaves out critically important details that matter when you get up to higher math. I'm an applied math senior.

My two favorite sites are

Lake Tahoe Community College's Professor Greene's page: Lecture Notes For Most Math Classes Taught at Lake Tahoe Community College (this is one of the best sites I've ever used)
And
Paul's Online Notes: Pauls Online Math Notes

In both cases, I linked to the main page. The first one has obvious links. Paul's has drop-downs and has some links in the headings of the text farther down. The drop downs are easier to see.

Reactions: Uralian Hamster
1 - 6 of 6 Posts