Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow ENTPs,

- How do you display admiration to the members of the opposite gender? In which ways?

- When *seriously* in love, are you quick to realize that you are in love with somebody, or are you more in denial? Does the realization dawn onto you slowly?

- When you realize that you are *seriously* in love, are you slow to "confess" your love to your SO? :)
Do you have problems opening up?

- Do you tend to share your life's most private affairs with the ones you truly love (in a romantic sense)?

- What are some *clear* stuff you'd do/ share with someone you truly love (in a romantic sense)? I mean the stuff you would do/share with nobody else...What are the clear signs?

- I know of an ENTP male, who has repeatedly told me that he doesn't feel comfortable holding long conversations with the others the way he feels while talking with me. He says he feels good while talking with me and we usually talk for hours. Is that an indication of some sort of romantic interest? He hasn't yet said anything explicitly about romance and stuff. However, I most certainly have fallen head-over-heels for him.

Any kind of advice or feedback would be highly valued and appreciated! :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's super early to be discussing such "matters" - but I like you @serenityy :tongue:

- How do you display admiration to the members of the opposite gender? In which ways?

I often give compliments, make or buy small gifts of appreciation, poke fun at and tease, or any other thing that happens to come to mind. For already established relationships: direct expression of admiration, a lot of shagging, and a lot of affection.

- When *seriously* in love, are you quick to realize that you are in love with somebody, or are you more in denial? Does the realization dawn onto you slowly?

I like the emphasis on seriously lol. I have always been quick to realize if I was infatuated with somebody, but actual love takes some time to develop for me. No denial, I am quick to accept things.

- When you realize that you are *seriously* in love, are you slow to "confess" your love to your SO? :)

I am more or less sheepish when it comes to discussing how I really feel about somebody, so instead of sitting down at the coffee shop for admission, I just randomly throw out a "I love you!" in the conversation and see where that goes. Surprising the individual is the best part (it hasn't failed me yet).

- Do you tend to share your life's most private affairs with the ones you truly love (in a romantic sense)?

Yeah, they basically become my go-to for life's ridiculousness.

- What are some *clear* stuff you'd do/ share with someone you truly love (in a romantic sense)? I mean the stuff you would do/share with nobody else...What are the clear signs?

I share my emotions and deep personal beliefs - normally these things are practically unnecessary to discuss, however the development of a bond leads me to reveal other dynamics of myself.

- I know of an ENTP male, who has repeatedly told me that he doesn't feel comfortable holding long conversations with the others the way he feels while talking with me. He says he feels good while talking with me and we usually talk for hours. Is that an indication of some sort of romantic interest? He hasn't yet said anything explicitly about romance and stuff. However, I most certainly have fallen head-over-heels for him.

Perhaps it is an indication, he admitted that he feels good while talking to you, and I certainly wouldn't spend hours talking to a girl if I didn't find her interesting and a fun/practical use of my time. He will probably initiate things if/when he's ready.

The word romance makes me itchy on the inside.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Deny deny deny deny. And then when I'm done, I deny my denial. Then I deny denying my denial. Tis a vicious cycle. And once I'm done with denial, I fall. HARD. Although most of the ENTPs on this forum don't seem to be as bad about this as I am. Might have to do with my emotional instability.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

I pretend to listen, give them fist pumps, tell them they almost have a better ass than I have...you know...the usual sort of things. ha. Honestly, I'll give them compliments, but mostly just try to read the situation and try to learn more about the person so I can understand the kind of affirmation or affection they like.

I don't believe in "love" per se, but I believe in having a great connection or chemistry with somebody. I'm still kinda trying to understand what "love" is.

I have blurted this kind of shit out, but I think I was just caught up in the moment. I've never thought about saying "I love you" to somebody, but when the time is right I think it just happens.

I'm very selective about the things I disclose in fear of making myself vulnerable or weak. I like to let the other person disclose first and then I will disclose in kind.

I'm getting uncomfortable even thinking about this.

I have definitely said this to a woman before who I shared amazing chemistry with. This is probably the biggest compliment I could ever tell somebody. Unfortunately, she had a boyfriend at the time I told her this- and still has a boyfriend.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

I'll try to spend as much time with them as possible, pay special attention to them when in a group, defend them at any given time, and sometimes give gifts.

I am very quick to become infatuated with somebody, but when it deepens into love, I am often torn between realization and denial. But when I do figure it out, it hits me fast and hard, it doesn't dawn on me slowly.

Yes I definitely have issues with confessing my love. I'll make it obvious in every way that I love them, except actually telling them. But if things continue like this for a long time, I'm likely to just blurt out "I love you" in some random conversation, and then suddenly become incredibly shy and reserved until they reveal their own feelings or lack of.

Only if they do the same with me. If they share their deepest darkest secrets with me, I'll willingly reveal mine. I absolutely love this, that bond with someone, knowing that they're completely open to you, and you're completely open to them.

Similar to the above question. I would only fall in love with someone I could be completely honest with, and I would share those secrets with no one else.

I believe it is. When I love someone, I love to have incredibly long deep discussions with them. And every minute spent talking with them is blissfully happy, even if it turns into a debate. I definitely believe he has romantic feelings for you as well.

Reactions: serenityy

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's super early to be discussing such "matters" - but I like you @serenityy :tongue:

Hahaha! :)
I like you back in kind, FuzzyLittleManPeach!
I am truly honoured to have friends like you in PerC community!
==

Perhaps it is an indication, he admitted that he feels good while talking to you, and I certainly wouldn't spend hours talking to a girl if I didn't find her interesting and a fun/practical use of my time. He will probably initiate things if/when he's ready.
==

Another thing which I find somewhat alarming is that it is me who usually initiates communication. He rarely initiates communiation. Is that an indication of the fact that he might not be romantically interested in me? Just posing some questions.

The word romance makes me itchy on the inside.
Do you mean getting butterfly in the stomach? :)

I certainly wouldn't spend hours talking to a girl if I didn't find her interesting and a fun/practical use of my time.
Please do correct me if I'm wrong - I thought you were a lady (and straight).

Once again, thanks very much for the detailed feedback. This has been immensely helpful!

Take care! :)

·
Registered
651 Posts

Another thing which I find somewhat alarming is that it is me who usually initiates communication. He rarely initiates communiation. Is that an indication of the fact that he might not be romantically interested in me? Just posing some questions.

Well tbh I am a lady so I don't understand what is going on in a male ENTP's head. If I'm talking to somebody and they usually initiate the conversation, I will typically just wait for them to do so. If I don't hear from them for awhile, I may take the initiative and call or text. I'm not unwilling to start a conversation, but must think about it first, and am constantly distracted by a multitude of things.

Do you mean getting butterfly in the stomach? :)
If by butterfly you mean indigestion haha. Also I am straight, I just felt like using girl instead of guy :proud:

PMing you a link in 3...2...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I always used to be the kind of guy who never shared anything, but then I figured that if I appreciate being straightforward in all other parts of my life, I might as well be straightforward with my feelings. It's tough and it's scary to take that leap of faith (it helps if your SO doesn't know your buddies, so there's no chance of it spreading too far), but it's been working out pretty well so far. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Dear Serenityy,

Quite a misleading thread here. It goes by the assumption that an ENTP can seriously fall head-over-heels over someone.

This isn't necessarily about us ENTPs being that stereotypical NT of acting STOIC and all. As you know, ENTPs are hardly STOIC.

It's more like...ENTPs are hardly SUPER ATTACHED to anything OR ANYONE to be seriously infatuated. But it doesn't necessarily mean the other person doesn't matter.

I don't exactly know the mechanism of a legitimate infatuation. I guess there's a void in you that another person complements, or you have a certain need that a specific person entertains, or something to that effect.

ENTPs are laid back, optimistic, self-managing, detached, jack-of-all-trades individuals. We're an MBTI type that can self-patch our shortcomings and we don't daydream of that archetypal idealized female that makes us complete of some sort. It's just not how an ENTP operates.

I can be attracted to a lot of women. And each female I got to know have varying personalities...which is enough reason for me to stop idealizing to a considerable degree. No one would exactly fit the bill.

And each female that I get to appreciate...I appreciate them for their own worth, regardless of what I think they ought to be.

I'm not sure if I'm making this clear to you, but anyway...

Don't assume that an ENTP's infatuation is ABSOLUTELY correlated to the likelihood of his decision in taking the relationship to the next level. Those two are quite different. After all, at the end of the day, we're still THINKERS by preference.

I view women in a way similar to how I view music.

Each song is different. Each song can be beautiful in their own right. But you always have to redefine your way of appreciating them because you can't appreciate a certain song the way you appreciate the other. It's like comparing apple and oranges. Eventually, you can have a favorite one. But then, do you necessarily commit to your favorite?

As an ENTP, I advice you to appreciate a relationship with an ENTP for what it IS, rather than contemplating on the NEXT STEP. I know this is hard to understand for some, but that's the way it is.

I mean, if he flirts, you flirt back. Fine. He tells you that you mean something to him, then show some reciprocity. But never pressure him to do a more TANGIBLE NEXT STEP of some sort.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Interesting thread @serenityy

I'm also interested to know how these bunch of cold and heartless ENTPs would answer.

I summon thee: @affezwilling @Agent Blackout @bellisaurius @Captain @Empecinado @Extraverted Delusion @Frenetic Tranquility @gingertonic @justanentpgirl @Jonathan Swain @Kuthtuk @Lettusaurus @Lucas @mayhamfx @Maximum.ENTP @MegaTuxRacer @NoelleShanice @NovaStar @possiBri @Psyphon @Shinji Mimura @Sonny @Tortured @turmauge @Zerosum and with special participation of @HunnyBunny :p

*eats popcorn*

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Awkwardly. Something about ulterior motives that only do me any good makes me lose some of my normal abilities. Either I joke around too much, or get quiet.

Realization comes after some random event causes me to realize it. I assume it could happen early, but I've never experienced that. An entp might treat what he's in as love, and go from there. That's pretty common for NTs.

- When you realize that you are *seriously* in love, are you slow to "confess" your love to your SO? :)Do you have problems opening up?
Nah. It's better to get that out when it arrives. It makes for a change in the situation which probably won't be uninteresting. Admitting I like someone could take forever though. It's a bigger risk in a relationship to go from friend to romantic interest than from romantic interest to loved one.

Everything but my chinchilla fetish. Just remember entps tend to share a lot of inner stuff anyway; whether it's because we lack shame, enjoy bomb tossing, or just that we realize it's not a big deal, I don't know. I'd imagine admitting vulnerability would probably be one of the things we might not normally admit, but not much else.

The vulnerability thing mentioned above. Letting them see the negative aspects of your personality would be another (like, letting them see you lost your patience about something).

- I know of an ENTP male, who has repeatedly told me that he doesn't feel comfortable holding long conversations with the others the way he feels while talking with me. ​He says he feels good while talking with me and we usually talk for hours. Is that an indication of some sort of romantic interest? He hasn't yet said anything explicitly about romance and stuff. However, I most certainly have fallen head-over-heels for him.
An entp who doesn't like conversations? Hah, yah right. It's not a bad sign though. I'm pretty sure it's a greenlight if you want to make a move.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Dear fellow ENTPs,

Any kind of advice or feedback would be highly valued and appreciated! :)
1. *shrug* compliment them, flirt, tell them I'm interested in them, physicality when appropriate, etc.
2. No denial here. I wouldn't say it "dawns" on me slowly so much as I'm more the "let's date for a while before anything serious." You know, like an adult? But I know pretty early on when I'm into you, when I've got a catch, etc.
3. No problems opening up, and by the time I "seriously" love some girl, she surely already knows.
4. Yes
5. I don't really think there is a such thing as "things I'd only do for *insert person*", because what happens when you break up? Are you just never going to do any of those things with future lovers?
But I mean...I'm a rather straightforward, obvious sort of character, and thus I feel a list is unnecessary.
6. He sounds like a doucher. I LOVE long, intimate, deep conversations, regardless of whether I have the hots for you. I mean duh it shows he's comfy with you in a special way, so that's good.

There you go, @INTJellectual

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
INTJellectual,

The fact that you know which ENTPs to tag sorta implies that you've been observing us a bit much. :p

Labas tayo minsan. ;)
Oh please Don't get me started :p. Favorite ko talaga 'tong type na 'to at medyo marami na rin akong nakilala at nakusap.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Dear fellow ENTPs,

I just tell someone how much I admire them. By choosing to spend a lot of my time with them, I'm showing that I honestly think more highly of them than others. I can barely stand most people for very long; unless our conversations are littered with meaning and interesting tidbits, I'll quickly grow tired and irritable. I believe this has been mentioned somewhere, but we ENTPs thrive only on the most sincere sort of conversations you can rarely find outside close friendships. So that tends to be what we seek out, if we care enough about that sort of thing (being soc/sx, I do).

The realization comes quite quickly, but I start off more in denial. I usually start off picking someone for a partner in working on a project, or I'll pick someone I think can be a great close friend whom I can share many sincere conversations with. If feelings start to develop afterward, I know I'm 'falling in love', but I deny it until/unless I know the feeling is mutual. Otherwise, you won't ever know that something is different; I'm a master at keeping this sort of thing quiet until I've seriously analyzed the relationship to see if there is any benefit to it - or any benefit to taking it farther.

I've only been 'in love' twice. I define it as the feelings coming AFTER the choice, not before. Although I'm slow to directly confess my love, I will point out the possibility and discuss the concept first. I want information before making a final decision. If the costs outweigh the potential benefit, I won't take the chance. I've learned to pick my opportunities more carefully than before (thank you, INTJs).

I open up to someone I consider a close friend. Opening up isn't indicative of whether or not I 'love' you. But I won't open up to someone who won't open up to me. This has led to a lot of stalemates with INFPs, ISFPs, and even one INTx in particular. Close friends are as close as you can get without romantic love: in those kinds of relationships, you and your friend would love each other like the ideal family, and you rarely go anywhere/do anything without your close friend(s) by your side.

As I said, depends on whether or not they return the feelings. There's not much in my life I'd rather keep private anyway. Sharing things with others is a little more gratifying in the long run. And yet, there are quite a few days when I'd prefer to be left alone so I can focus. I'm not the most outgoing person I know, but I can handle a social situation pretty easily. Just don't be surprised if - after a short period of time dealing with all the insincere smiles and handshakes - I just start a debate with someone for the sake of testing their sincerity.

I share most things with my close friends, but I suppose I wouldn't be willing to accept/share any shows of physical affection with anybody I'm not 'in love' with. Also, if we started off as friends, you'll see me start taking your feelings into account more often (I don't do this very easily, and I even tend to piss off close friends).

If I've analyzed the possibilities and found that you're worth it, I'll go out of my way for you. I may be polite to most people in some ways, but I won't honestly do something for them that I just don't want to do. All the hugging, saying 'I love you' every day, etc. isn't my natural way of expressing love; nor is buying you everything I can. I express love through simply spending time and talking with you on a nigh-constant basis. And if I've considered you worthwhile for a romantic relationship, there will be at least one show of physical affection/flirt a day... if you need that sort of thing.

But this is the most important thing: even with close friends, I want my distance on occasion. If I never push you away and welcome you to join me in anything I do, you know that I see you as a potential partner in life. I don't go in half-assed; if the benefit isn't long-term, I'll manage on my own.

Just so you know what you're getting yourself into: http://pleasebeniceto.me/2011/11/caring-for-your-entp/

It sounds like he just thinks you're worthy of being a part of his circle of close friends. Otherwise, I don't think he's romantically interested in you yet.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Cold and heartless? Ouch. That hurts.

I'm hopelessly romantic. I've never NOT been in love or infatuated with someone. If not infatuated, then longing for it.

There was also a time when I was in love with 4 different women at the same time .. yeah .. that was fucking confusing :p

My girl friends know just how much I care about them and genuinely so. I experience different types of love and I don't love two women the same way. There's no science to feeling .. it's just raw emotion that only I know I feel.

I'm an sx 4 ENTP .. romance is in my veins .. it's what makes life worth living.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Cold and heartless? Ouch. That hurts.

I'm hopelessly romantic. I've never NOT been in love or infatuated with someone. If not infatuated, then longing for it.

There was also a time when I was in love with 4 different women at the same time .. yeah .. that was fucking confusing :p

My girl friends know just how much I care about them and genuinely so. I experience different types of love and I don't love two women the same way. There's no science to feeling .. it's just raw emotion that only I know I feel.

I'm an sx 4 ENTP .. romance is in my veins .. it's what makes life worth living.
Ooops, I'm sorry. I forgot about the Enneagram and the grown Fe. :blushed: I just get used to ENTP being this cold and heartless robot. :kitteh:

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Ooops, I'm sorry. I forgot about the Enneagram and the grown Fe. :blushed: I just get used to ENTP being this cold and heartless robot. :kitteh:
Lol .. no doubt some are as is in this thread alone :D

I've been a cold and heartless ENTP as well .. between 6-15 - and for various periods with my 5w6 manifests itself and I detach myself from the world and people completely .. including the people I love. I push them away intentionally under stress.

The first time I felt love was for my english teacher in grade 9 and that was the first time I realized that there's more to life than just books, encyclopaedias, lego and my laptop :p

My Fe didn't really mature till recently ... this forum had a lot to do with it. Also, the Type 4 disintegration pattern is to Type 2 ... which is heavily correlated with Fe anyways. The integration pattern is to the 1 which has a strong correlation with Si .. The 4 makes me a darker / more feelery ENTP .. and for the longest time I thought I was an xNFJ before finally realizing that my Fe was over-used and I was in the grip of inferior Si :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts