Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm wondering about my type again since I'm bored and actually feel like I'm healthy enough to type at the moment. I'm been healthy for around a year so far, and I'm 17 years old. For a large part of my life, I tried out personalities and exaggerated characteristics of my actual personality to seem way more interesting than I am I guess. I got way too emotionally invested in typology too, and thought people were completely misunderstanding me when they typed me as certain types. To a certain extent, that is true but I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I also used to do the same thing in real life but I was either very bad at it or it was more easy to tell I was faking stuff because it's real life. But it was also because I wanted friends since I was bullied and made fun of a lot (and still am). I'm kind of socially oblivious, and it was way more obvious when I was younger. And it's never been easy for me to make friends. I've been being myself for around a year so far, and I feel so free. And I have some friends too.

I feel more mature and chill now. I've been unhealthy for a lot of my life. I had a lot of emotional issues. I was suicidal for around 7 years. Though it was more of an on and off thing than anything consistent. And I also got into typology when I was 12 (way too young to be typed).

Okay so I'm going to stop talking about my issues lol. I know my enneagram type and tritype. I'm a 6w7 so/sx. And my tritype is 6w7-2w3-1w2.

I'm going to answer 5 questions of an enneagram questionnaire. I realized what my fixes were after reading everything I wrote lol, so I decided to post this here.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I want to do as much good as possible, and have some fun while doing it. I kind of want to do everything that's somewhat novel.

I'm not sure exactly since to a certain extent, I believe in life happening to you. You never really know what's going to happen anyway. And I'm not really looking for anything especially either because I think things should just happen. But I guess I look for opportunities to make my goals happen and have fun?

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I want to make the world a better place, and I'm going to make it happen. I'm going to make a lot of money (though I don't want to obsess over money constantly), live on as little as possible (with a few luxuries here and there), and donate most of the rest to trustworthy organizations that actually do things. I also want to buy gifts (gifts that are actually very nice) for the poor and/or unfortunate during special events (holidays, etc.). I want to be some kind of Santa Claus-like figure except I want to be anonymous since I don't want to be taken advantage of ever. And it would kind of invalidate what I'd be doing if I got attention for it.

I also want to help contribute towards Asians being represented in the American media more than we are now since I'm Asian myself and feel like we aren't represented at all. I actually want to contribute to a few causes but that's something I care about especially since it's so personal to me. Everyone constantly asks me where I'm from (and I'm from a large country in Asia), and it's been that way for most of my life. I never see people who look like me ever, and I would have LOVED to see otherwise.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

I hope to avoid being a really mean person. I also definitely want to avoid being sheltered. I don't want to stay in my bubble, and not know what life's about. And being fake, even if I'd come off nicer otherwise. I'm a really blunt person who doesn't really have a filter. People say I'm one of the most honest people they know, and I take a lot of pride in that. I know I'd appreciate honesty from people even if it is hurtful over fake kindness because to me that's even worse. When you figure out that kindness was fake, it's even more hurtful than how the truth would've been. I speak from personal experience. It's also frustrating since you can tell when someone's being fake nice, and you can't outright know.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

My biggest fears are being a bad person and doing nothing with my life. I don't think morality is subjective. If you're a racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. person and act on your beliefs, you're a bad person to me. And if you're cruel to people who don't deserve it. I'm really scared of ending up like that.

I also don't want to end up doing nothing in my life since I know I'm naturally smart and very driven when I want to be, and I don't want to squander all that or end up screwed over by something. Or end up becoming screwed up myself.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as honest and trustworthy. I used to care much more about what people thought about me and about fitting in, but now I barely care. I just want to be myself and not put up any pretenses now. I don't want to worry. I see myself as honest and trustworthy too. I also see myself as energetic, blunt, helpful, and playful.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The first one sounds very P and very SP. Your thing says ESFP, which could be correct. But I see some Fe kicking around, so that's odd if so. Not very helpful to you probably lol. You actually remind me of an ENFJ I know.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first one sounds very P and very SP. Your thing says ESFP, which could be correct. But I see some Fe kicking around, so that's odd if so. Not very helpful to you probably lol. You actually remind me of an ENFJ I know.
I was actually thinking about ESTP, but I feel like I'd be a very weird Fe-heavy ESTP. I feel like I act way more like an Se-dom than an Fe-dom IRL though, and I relate a lot to inferior intuition. That could just be me being a 6 though. And I feel like my Fe would be too weak for me to be an ENFJ, considering I'm also social dom. I'm usually pretty oblivious regarding people and I say whatever I'm thinking as I'm thinking it. But who knows lol? I can honestly see any Se-using extravert.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
*sweating* I don't know, I think ESFP looks right-er than ESTP.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Do you think it's most likely my type? Could you see ENFJ too?
Well,ESTP with high Fe means I could see ENFJ but...I don't know,you really seem more Se dom "I think things should just happen" is not a very ExxJ thing( when very healthy and in peaceful state,maybe?)
Maybe you really are ESFP whose Fi looks like Fe though,if you really believe you're a feeler

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
ENFJ or ESXP. It seems like Fe and Se though are two of your biggest players at any rate, but on occasion an ESFP can seem ENFJ like.

At seventeen you're about right to type, the identity becomes more complex in the teen years, so most adolescents try on different personas, styles, or exaggerate some characteristics over others. I think the identity really begins to consolidate for more people in late teens, though looking back you can probably see patterns surfacing at a younger age.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ENFJ or ESXP. It seems like Fe and Se though are two of your biggest players at any rate, but on occasion an ESFP can seem ENFJ like.

At seventeen you're about right to type, the identity becomes more complex in the teen years, so most adolescents try on different personas, styles, or exaggerate some characteristics over others. I think the identity really begins to consolidate for more people in late teens, though looking back you can probably see patterns surfacing at a younger age.
Yeah it's really hard to decide between either. I could just be a more Se-ish ENFJ because of a strong cp swing and a really strong 7 wing. But I could just be a weird Fe-ish Se dom because I'm triple superego. At this point, I honestly think I use Fe since I seem to use it a lot when I'm seriously unhealthy and I relate A LOT to Se-Fe looping on that dom-tert loop thread. I was thinking about some Fe-heavy ESTP, but I don't really understand Ti. I don't relate to any of the introverted functions much though. I relate to Fi because I care a lot about morals and social justice, but Fe users can be like that too (especially xNFJs I think).

I think so too. I feel like I was seriously hard to type when I was younger (i have A LOT of typing threads) because of all that on top of being seriously unhealthy sometimes. I feel like my personality's set for the most part now though since I feel really, really healthy and have been the same way for a bit over a year.

what type do you think I most likely am if you had to choose?

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay I'm starting to think I'm ESTP. I have way too much actual inferior Ni paranoia to be an ENFJ. I'm really observant regarding people's behavior and physical reactions, and sometimes that leads me to "piecing signs" together and forming some weird paranoia-fueled theory. And whenever I get single-minded and focus on the future too much, I end up getting really stressed out and temperamental. I almost literally explode. And though I'm really effusive sometimes in real life, it always come off awkward and a bit forced. I think my Fe would be a lot smoother if I was an Fe dom. I think I'm just an Se-dom loudmouth with a lot of Fe lol

I'm a really weird ESTP though haha.

Reactions: Greyhart

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nvm I'm just an Se heavy ENFJ

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
1. That's more of an Enneagram related question... I get a 127 vibe, like me xD
2. I see a lot of Se, feeling functions and Ni. A lot of Se, actually- luxury, money, etc. Your goals seem more practical than abstract. I see more Se than anything else, to be honest. Fe in a way that you want to make the world better, but Fi can do that as well. Ni in "I'm going to make it happen" kind of way but the "GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN" is Se. You know what I don' see? A thinking function. EDIT: "I'm Asian myself and feel like we aren't represented at all. I actually want to contribute to a few causes but that's something I care about especially since it's so personal to me."- personal experience, it's important to me- I say Fi.
3. Doesn't want to be sheltered and found out what life is actually about- Se. Something that stood up to me is how you hate about people being fake. You want honesty, authenticity. Me, as a Fe dom, always go to lengths how I can't stand that people are being rude and inconsiderate. Also fake, but I JUST CAN'T STAND IT when people are mean etc. I'm not saying you don't hate rude people, but you chose to describe how much you hate fake people. You also said you don't have much filer... I say ESFP for now.
4. Driven and afraid of not doing anything in life- Se. You're afraid if not living up to your values- Fi.
5. I think that can be pretty much any Exxx type.

Anyway, I say ESFP, the ones that are very smart and intelligent which are most of them (damn stereotypes). Something interesting though- I didn't saw any Te or Ti. Hm.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1. That's more of an Enneagram related question... I get a 127 vibe, like me xD
2. I see a lot of Se, feeling functions and Ni. A lot of Se, actually- luxury, money, etc. Your goals seem more practical than abstract. I see more Se than anything else, to be honest. Fe in a way that you want to make the world better, but Fi can do that as well. Ni in "I'm going to make it happen" kind of way but the "GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN" is Se. You know what I don' see? A thinking function. EDIT: "I'm Asian myself and feel like we aren't represented at all. I actually want to contribute to a few causes but that's something I care about especially since it's so personal to me."- personal experience, it's important to me- I say Fi.
3. Doesn't want to be sheltered and found out what life is actually about- Se. Something that stood up to me is how you hate about people being fake. You want honesty, authenticity. Me, as a Fe dom, always go to lengths how I can't stand that people are being rude and inconsiderate. Also fake, but I JUST CAN'T STAND IT when people are mean etc. I'm not saying you don't hate rude people, but you chose to describe how much you hate fake people. You also said you don't have much filer... I say ESFP for now.
4. Driven and afraid of not doing anything in life- Se. You're afraid if not living up to your values- Fi.
5. I think that can be pretty much any Exxx type.

Anyway, I say ESFP, the ones that are very smart and intelligent which are most of them (damn stereotypes). Something interesting though- I didn't saw any Te or Ti. Hm.
Thanks for replying! I feel like I just have a really strong 7 wing haha. I'm sooo anxious and awkward IRL. I honestly used to be obsessed with being polite and considerate when I was younger (since I was really sensitive), but then I got betrayed (that sounds so dramatic lol) by someone I thought of as a very close friend who actually secretly hated me so now I believe in being as honest as possible.

One of the reasons I think I'm Fe dom is how my BIGGEST problem in life is trying to fit in too much and caring waaay too much about what others think of me. Even people who barely know me notice that about me. Learning to be my own person is kind of something new to me haha. And I relate to none of the thinking functions at all.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Thanks for replying! I feel like I just have a really strong 7 wing haha. I'm sooo anxious and awkward IRL. I honestly used to be obsessed with being polite and considerate when I was younger (since I was really sensitive), but then I got betrayed (that sounds so dramatic lol) by someone I thought of as a very close friend who actually secretly hated me so now I believe in being as honest as possible.

One of the reasons I think I'm Fe dom is how my BIGGEST problem in life is trying to fit in too much and caring waaay too much about what others think of me. Even people who barely know me notice that about me. Learning to be my own person is kind of something new to me haha. And I relate to none of the thinking functions at all.
I'm sorry this happened to you :(

My sister is an ESFP, and while she doesn't really care about fitting in (lol enneagram 4w3) she cares so much about what others think of her, to a great extent. She cares about what others think of her more than me! And I'm a Fe dom! People want to fit in, they're people. No one likes being alone. I've seen Fi doms trying to fit in.

Let me ask you this- when you're suffering, do you share how you're feeling and talk it out, or are you more inclined to not work this out alone, thinking that sharing your feeling with others would be pointless because they won't understand how you're feeling (due to never experiencing your pain).

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sorry this happened to you :(

My sister is an ESFP, and while she doesn't really care about fitting in (lol enneagram 4w3) she cares so much about what others think of her, to a great extent. She cares about what others think of her more than me! And I'm a Fe dom! People want to fit in, they're people. No one likes being alone. I've seen Fi doms trying to fit in.

Let me ask you this- when you're suffering, do you share how you're feeling and talk it out, or are you more inclined to not work this out alone, thinking that sharing your feeling with others would be pointless because they won't understand how you're feeling (due to never experiencing your pain).
It seriously hurt my feelings. And made me a bit wary regarding people sometimes.

Yeah I agree. No man is an island!

I definitely share how I'm feeling and talk it out. I love getting as much feedback as possible when I'm feeling sad and I rely on the support of my friends whenever I'm going through something. Or even people I don't know very well haha. I don't relate at all to the latter.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
It seriously hurt my feelings. And made me a bit wary regarding people sometimes.

Yeah I agree. No man is an island!

I definitely share how I'm feeling and talk it out. I love getting as much feedback as possible when I'm feeling sad and I rely on the support of my friends whenever I'm going through something. Or even people I don't know very well haha. I don't relate at all to the latter.
Hmm, have you considered a Se/Fe loop? Maybe that's why you feel like you have no Ti (or a thinking function).

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm, have you considered a Se/Fe loop? Maybe that's why you feel like you have no Ti (or a thinking function).
Yeah I relate A LOT to posts on Se/Fe loops. They were my life when I was seriously unhealthy. I don't think I'm ESTP though because I think I'm too comfortable with my feeling function. I think I'm more Fe than Se. I considered it like a week ago but it just felt so weird. Like something felt off, you know?

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also thank you so much for helping me out!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.