Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always said I was an INFP, ever since I took an online Myers Briggs test (in psychology class) and scored that(I gotten interested in it and started researching all the personalities and all that, but it quickly deteriorated) . My brother got interested with MBTI, and had asked what I was, though he believes I am not INFP. So out of curiosity, and a bit of interest I am doing this.

I suppose I should start with how I am in a work environment ( school in this case). I am usually alone, on my phone/Ipod reading, or sitting by my self thinking what I am going to do and how and random stuff like that. I don't really interact with people unless I have to or unless I see a person who is in need of a friend I guess you can say. I did have friends who I talked to, but they did most of the talking, I usually stood there and added my input when I felt it was necessary. As for actual work, I only did what interested me or if I felt as though I had to prove my self (because my teacher made me live up to my brothers' expectation and that made me want to be better then him for I can be acknowledged as my own person). However now I don't do that so I really don't concern my self with deadlines. Although, they do get me very stressed and frustrated (cause my projects don't come out to my liking or I don't deem it worthy enough to turn it in).

My social life is usually consists of my friends telling me there personal problems, hoping I would give them advice (even if I never been in the situation) or just help them get out there rant. I would come up with the advice by asking limited amount of questions unless they seem too distraught then I would put two and two together. Then I would plan out the best scenario and how it would end and tell them about it (taking in how they are or how most people/parents are). Sometimes I would get my friends to see both perceptive telling them how one could be right, or whatever (I try to avoid fights) . I try to be nice and friendly to people who seem to really want to be my friend (and I viewed them as ok) otherwise I would most likely ignore them/walk away. Although some of my friends had told me I came off as a "cold-hearted"(though I am caring to the people I love) at first. In my little group of friends or my family I would act ignorant towards things ( for I wouldn't have to meet anyone's expectations and I could make them happy), easily annoyed, tend to be hypocritical (ei: I would say "no" but do it anyway), come across as arrogant (twist their words to something that might seem more like a compliment then anything), sarcastic and blunt (I like to be straight- forward ).

Home life, I would stay in my room for almost all day doing my own things, sometimes my siblings would come in and bother me, or ask for advice/ rant to. I only interact with my family when I have too, otherwise I'm usually by myself (which I don't mind). Sometimes, I would go on superhero conversations out of boredom or to tell them fun facts.

This was difficult for me to type because I really don't usually go much into depth for myself . Honestly, I felt this more as a ramble then anything, but I do hope it helps. If not I can try to explain it better.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
My eyes are heavy but I'll give this a try :)

I noticed you also answered the test @Jinsei posted. I think your overall answers indicate strong introversion.

I also get a sense of Fi, especially from these answers:

In most scenarios, I would help anyone who asks for help but it has to be important and they have to really want my help because I don't like wasting my time.
This was extremely difficult for me to choose because category one had psychology. Which I'm interested in ever since my brother came down with bi-polar.
The following could suggest Te because scientific fields tend to be very structured:

Category two, on the other hand, fulfills my passion for science whether I get to work alone in learning and experiencing new things along the way as a scientist.
However, you again choose based on your feelings (veterinarian because you love animals).

The following sounds like possible Ne:

I would come up with the advice by asking limited amount of questions unless they seem too distraught then I would put two and two together. Then I would plan out the best scenario and how it would end and tell them about it (taking in how they are or how most people/parents are). Sometimes I would get my friends to see both perceptive telling them how one could be right, or whatever (I try to avoid fights)
I mostly see Fi. Assuming that's your dominant function, that leaves us with ISFP and INFP. I need a stronger sense of your other functions... maybe I'm too tired to see them right now!

I hope other members chime in and help you find your type. You're still young which means there's a lot of room for growth and exploration. Also, I was happy to read you no longer try to prove yourself. Be yourself, have confidence in yourself, and let other people see you're a unique person :)

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
I don't really interact with people unless I have to or unless I see a person who is in need of a friend I guess you can say. I did have friends who I talked to, but they did most of the talking, I usually stood there and added my input when I felt it was necessary.
The first part of this speaks a lot to Fe driven empathy to me... and the second sounds very Ni / Ti honestly

My social life is usually consists of my friends telling me there personal problems, hoping I would give them advice (even if I never been in the situation) or just help them get out there rant. I would come up with the advice by asking limited amount of questions unless they seem too distraught then I would put two and two together. Then I would plan out the best scenario and how it would end and tell them about it (taking in how they are or how most people/parents are). Sometimes I would get my friends to see both perceptive telling them how one could be right, or whatever (I try to avoid fights) .
Again... really seems to ooze Fe.

I highly suspect INFJ for you. I have had a similar issue with the normal tests. I typically get INTP or INFP... sometimes INFJ... but I know for sure that I am not Ne... I am very much Ni. That primary Ni really seems to skew the J / P axis when taking multiple choice tests... with no indepth analysis into the why's and motivations behind the choices. I sense a strong Ni Ti connection in you possibly plus a very strong Fe influence. I related a LOT to what you described about yourself and I am about 99% sure I'm INFJ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts