Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Good luck with that.

BTW, those cities are in our profiles. Don't really see the point of the thread.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder what a cluster of INTJs would look like to anyone passing by.

I don't live in the USA, though. I live in Stavanger, Norway.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Your country gave the world Kaizers Orchestra.
Keep on keepin' on.

^ The extent of my knowledge of Norway, save that it's the superior Scandinavian nation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hahahaha! Why, yes, we did. :laughing:

I thought Sweden was considered the superior Scandinavian country, though. With their ABBA, Volvos, Midsummer festivals and Swedish meatballs. I wonder how many times I've heard the phrase "Norway? Is that the capital of Sweden?" :tongue:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Huh. I lived in Copenhagen for a month, and the Danes would have me believe that Swedes are generally unpleasant, boorish drunkards, so that's the prevailing idea I've been subjected to. I'm sure I would need to actually visit to get a real sense of what they're like.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, that's common. Stereotypically Danes and Swedes hate each other, Norwegians think Swedes are dumb and Finland hates them as well. :tongue: A Canadian friend of mine visited a Danish friend of her and she learned the wrong way that mentioning Swedes is simply something people don't do in front of Danes.

I don't know the reason behind this, though. It might be because Swedes come to Denmark to buy cheap beer, and are thus constantly drunk in the eyes of the Danes. Maybe!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone hate Norwegians or are you folk at the top of the proverbial totem pole?
We hate ourselves, for some reason.

The Swedes also consider us something like an annoying little brother who looks up to his amaaazing older brother.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I dare you all to come to Cape Town
You do realize there is precisely nothing stopping me from actually doing that, right? :crazy:

We hate ourselves, for some reason.
That does explain Norwegian metal. Stavanger isn't far though, a 1.5 hour flight.Unfortunately, the only Norwegian I know is "We pay tribute to you Satan the king of the strong", which I'm sure is less than useful in casual conversation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hahaha, I'm sure you'd make a lot of friends.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hahaha, I'm sure you'd make a lot of friends.
Might work better than expected. I mean, I would at least find people that share my esoteric taste in music.

I have heard rumors that alcohol is expensive though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You do realize there is precisely nothing stopping me from actually doing that, right? :crazy:
Lol, yes. I don't mind if you come. I won't actually have to meet you if I don't want to. :tongue: It would be slightly less awkward if you brought other INTJ friends from this forum, though, heh.

That does explain Norwegian metal. Stavanger isn't far though, a 1.5 hour flight.Unfortunately, the only Norwegian I know is "We pay tribute to you Satan the king of the strong", which I'm sure is less than useful in casual conversation.
Your angelic 'mood' is quite ironic in this case. :wink:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Lol, yes. I don't mind if you come. I won't actually have to meet you if I don't want to. It would be slightly less awkward if you brought other INTJ friends from this forum, though, heh.
I'm cheating a bit, South Africa has been on my shortlist for travel destinations for quite a while now.

Your angelic 'mood' is quite ironic in this case.
Yes. Imagine what I'm like if I'm not in an angelic mood :tongue:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Alcohol is indeed expensive. Tourists are shocked, and the residents are also shocked, especially considering that recently they increased the price of alcohol and tobacco with 5% and snuf with 10%. This is why Norwegians hate Norway.

I don't, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently read the book "Affluenza" by Oliver James, very good read.

One of his chapters was on Norway, by all accounts a very civilized society and nice place to live.

I am originally from the UK and always hated the place. Left at the first opportunity.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Alcohol is indeed expensive. Tourists are shocked, and the residents are also shocked, especially considering that recently they increased the price of alcohol and tobacco with 5% and snuf with 10%. This is why Norwegians hate Norway.

I don't, though.
Because you don't drink?

Can't you create like an Alcohol Party that bans alcohol tax? I'm sure that would be a huge electoral success.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts