Personality Cafe banner

Maybe we should meet up in real life?

[INTJ] 
11K views 130 replies 66 participants last post by  JJLegendary18 
#1 · (Edited)
Idea: post their cities, then work out a way to meet up if two of us live nearby.

So....

Does anyone live within 100 miles of Seattle, WA, United States?

#30 ·
BTW, those cities are in our profiles. Don't really see the point of the thread.
My city is not in my profile, just my country of birth, which is the same as where I am currently residing but cannot be assumed to be the same.

There is another thread, buried a bit, that asked INTJs for their locations.

The closest I'm gonna give ya'll is Missouri, United States.

#6 ·
Hahahaha! Why, yes, we did. :laughing:

I thought Sweden was considered the superior Scandinavian country, though. With their ABBA, Volvos, Midsummer festivals and Swedish meatballs. I wonder how many times I've heard the phrase "Norway? Is that the capital of Sweden?" :tongue:

#8 · (Edited)
Yeah, that's common. Stereotypically Danes and Swedes hate each other, Norwegians think Swedes are dumb and Finland hates them as well. :tongue: A Canadian friend of mine visited a Danish friend of her and she learned the wrong way that mentioning Swedes is simply something people don't do in front of Danes.

I don't know the reason behind this, though. It might be because Swedes come to Denmark to buy cheap beer, and are thus constantly drunk in the eyes of the Danes. Maybe!

#82 ·
Last week I had to drive through some shitty Portland traffic (I-5 is fail) up to Vancouver, WA, to get someone else to an urgent dental surgery appointment- meaning that I'm currently within somewhat reasonable driving distance to Seattle, though I've never been there before.

Honestly, though, I only drive great lengths to meet up with people I particular like, such as friends, close family or even friends of close family. If I don't feel compelled to do so from feeling motivated to enjoy myself no matter what then it's never going to happen. Considering traveling approx. 14 hours to be with my parents, many of my siblings and their offspring in one place for Thanksgiving right now isn't something I'm sure I want to do- and I love all of them a great deal; Meeting up with people I don't know, in comparison, usually easily dismissed as a possibility in my mind.

If I want to spend time with someone of my MBTI I can make time to hang out with my elderly Dad or simply call him up via phone. I'm sympathetic to those of you who don't have that luxury of at least a family member understanding them better than others tend to. For that very reason, I imagine it's going to be a particularly sad day for me whenever my father dies, so I hope he stays around for awhile longer.

I have both Danish and Swedish in my heritage, which makes me smile to think that just maybe the supposed disdain has merely been a ruse or fuel for foreplay... Then again, this is back at least a couple centuries in time when possibly the prevailing social attitudes were different.

Northern Tasmania Aus FTW!
Now I have this stuck in my head!

I think what I'd really prefer would be merely to engage in voice chat with other INTJs, hear the inflections and tone with the words being said, not merely typed here on the forum. People live in different time zones, have different schedules and aren't always eager to talk, so it's understandable why this would be tricky, making textual conversations far more convenient.

#12 ·
I dare you all to come to Cape Town
You do realize there is precisely nothing stopping me from actually doing that, right? :crazy:

We hate ourselves, for some reason.
That does explain Norwegian metal. Stavanger isn't far though, a 1.5 hour flight.Unfortunately, the only Norwegian I know is "We pay tribute to you Satan the king of the strong", which I'm sure is less than useful in casual conversation.

#16 ·
You do realize there is precisely nothing stopping me from actually doing that, right? :crazy:
Lol, yes. I don't mind if you come. I won't actually have to meet you if I don't want to. :tongue: It would be slightly less awkward if you brought other INTJ friends from this forum, though, heh.

That does explain Norwegian metal. Stavanger isn't far though, a 1.5 hour flight.Unfortunately, the only Norwegian I know is "We pay tribute to you Satan the king of the strong", which I'm sure is less than useful in casual conversation.
Your angelic 'mood' is quite ironic in this case. :wink:

#17 ·
Lol, yes. I don't mind if you come. I won't actually have to meet you if I don't want to. It would be slightly less awkward if you brought other INTJ friends from this forum, though, heh.
I'm cheating a bit, South Africa has been on my shortlist for travel destinations for quite a while now.

Your angelic 'mood' is quite ironic in this case.
Yes. Imagine what I'm like if I'm not in an angelic mood :tongue:

#18 ·
Alcohol is indeed expensive. Tourists are shocked, and the residents are also shocked, especially considering that recently they increased the price of alcohol and tobacco with 5% and snuf with 10%. This is why Norwegians hate Norway.

I don't, though.

#20 ·
Alcohol is indeed expensive. Tourists are shocked, and the residents are also shocked, especially considering that recently they increased the price of alcohol and tobacco with 5% and snuf with 10%. This is why Norwegians hate Norway.

I don't, though.
Because you don't drink?

Can't you create like an Alcohol Party that bans alcohol tax? I'm sure that would be a huge electoral success.

#100 ·
homebrew and moonshine a lot to get around it...from what I hear. :)

#21 ·
I do drink occasionally, but it's not a hobby of mine. As for the Alcohol Party, I'm sure it's been considered. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried again and made it to the top. Yay, drunk people.

The people of Norway annoy me. Then again the people of everywhere annoy me. It's a nice place to live, though, despite the high prices.

#24 ·
Well, the population density is very high, 30 times more than Norway. An enormous amount of people on a very small piece of soggy land, where interfering with the neighbors/random strangers is a national sport (we call it "gezelligheid"), petty rules about everything, massive state control... very un-INTJ.

As for the pancake house, we have them. For tourists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.