Personality Cafe banner

Which of the following applies most to you? (ENFP's only)

• Conservative Protestant

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Moderate Protestant

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Liberal Protestant

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Conservative Catholic

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Moderate Catholic

• Liberal Catholic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservative Eastern Orthodox

• Moderate Eastern Orthodox

• Liberal Eastern Orthodox

• Conservative Other

• Moderate Other

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Liberal Other

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • I do not consider myself a Christian

Votes: 25 44.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ENFP's! How many of you identify as Christian? If you do, what broad-base denomination do you belong to and how liberal or conservative do you consider yourself? Any answers help, even if you aren't a Christian.

Conservative Christianity, broadly speaking, is defined in this context as a belief in the inerrancy or near-inerrancy of the Bible, a generally literal reading of the Bible, and a belief that the death and resurrection of Jesus is the one way to salvation. There is much overlap here with Christian fundamentalism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_fundamentalism

Liberal Christianity, broadly speaking, is defined in this context as a generally non-literal reading of the Bible, consideration of the Bible as a text essentially by man about God, and a belief in the non-exclusivity of Christianity as truth. Here is the wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_christianity

If you think one of the above describes your beliefs in essence, select it. If not, select moderate.

If you're wondering what I intend to do with the results, check out my blog post here: MBTI Correlation Project - Blogs - PersonalityCafe

Tag me or quote me if you want to get my attention on this thread. If there's an option you would like to select, but isn't available, let me know and I'll enter your information manually if possible. Also, this may be a fool's hope, but I'd prefer to keep this thread free of religious debate. I'm simply gathering data here.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
@Randroth

What about the Oriental Orthodox Church, I thought that the Copts etc split from the Eastern Orthodox Church? Anyhow, I'm not a Christian. I was just curious.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I don't know, I go to Baptist and Pentecoastal churches but I consider myself Non Denominational. I don't consider myself Liberal or Conservative, I'm somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Haha, well, politically I actually am a bit of a libertarian, somewhere in the middle of "conservative" and "liberal".

I don't identify as a Fundamentalist, actually. I do take the Bible very seriously and view it as the truth. I'm a Presbyterian (PCA). So technically I am a Protestant, I suppose. I chose "moderate Protestant" but I'm not sure how accurate that was.

EDIT: I think your project is really interesting, but you are going to have to consider the limitations of PerC and just how many mistyped people there are. I know a lot of people think that NTs are all atheists (a lot of people who consider themselves "logical" and "rational" choose to identify as NTs) where as the feelingsy NFs are more religious and the SJs are all super conservative. A lot of this having to do with mistypes and such. You probably already know that, but... yeah. XD

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Left-libertarian anarchist, also agnostic.

@Randroth I think most ENFPs will be some form of liberal with an open mind. Tendencies towards agnosticism.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I sort of look at the Bible more as a guideline on how to live a good and wholesome life. I take religion very seriously and feel violated when someone will call me a biggot because of my political views, I just ignore the media hype and look at the pros and cons of each party and discover what I like and what I don't like myself. But I do believe that there is a creator because even taking science and philosophy, it shows how complex our world around us is, it's difficult for me to believe in something that has no goal and how random atoms meshed together to create us and the world we live in.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,123 Posts
I was Christian (liberal/progressive protestant) but dropped the label as I do not worship either the book or a man from long ago, and seriously do not care to be mistaken as one who does or who shares the narrow, self serving, self righteous, bigoted views that the word has come to mean.

It's sad really. When I was younger, Christianity was more about loving one's neighbors - something this world could use more of, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I used to be evangelical, but these days I prefer to not have a label when it comes to what I believe. Mostly I just believe in respect and love.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts