Personality Cafe banner

Which of the following applies most to you? (ENTJ's only)

• Conservative Protestant

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Moderate Protestant

• Liberal Protestant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservative Catholic

• Moderate Catholic

• Liberal Catholic

• Conservative Eastern Orthodox

• Moderate Eastern Orthodox

• Liberal Eastern Orthodox

• Conservative Other

• Moderate Other

• Liberal Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I do not consider myself a Christian

Votes: 15 71.4%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ENTJ's! How many of you identify as Christian? If you do, what broad-base denomination do you belong to and how liberal or conservative do you consider yourself? Any answers help, even if you aren't a Christian.

Conservative Christianity, broadly speaking, is defined in this context as a belief in the inerrancy or near-inerrancy of the Bible, a generally literal reading of the Bible, and a belief that the death and resurrection of Jesus is the one way to salvation. There is much overlap here with Christian fundamentalism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_fundamentalism

Liberal Christianity, broadly speaking, is defined in this context as a generally non-literal reading of the Bible, consideration of the Bible as a text essentially by man about God, and a belief in the non-exclusivity of Christianity as truth. Here is the wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_christianity

If you think one of the above describes your beliefs in essence, select it. If not, select moderate.

If you're wondering what I intend to do with the results, check out my blog post here: MBTI Correlation Project - Blogs - PersonalityCafe

Tag me or quote me if you want to get my attention on this thread. If there's an option you would like to select, but isn't available, let me know and I'll enter your information manually if possible. Also, this may be a fool's hope, but I'd prefer to keep this thread free of religious debate. I'm simply gathering data here.

Thanks everyone!

·
mafia mod
13,334 Posts
I guess I would say I am a christian moderate. Now as far as denomination, I think evangelical ( see link below) christian best describes my beliefs.

Evangelical Beliefs.
I am libertarian in political views

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Born non-christian, considered Christianity few years ago-- in the end cannot agree with the homophobia/ anti-homosexuality (among others) (this also apply to other Abrahamic religions).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Agnostic. I find the possibility of an afterlife to be comforting, and that's really the only religious thing I think about. The thought of oblivion is quite unsettling to me, but I can't really bring myself to believe in something there isn't concrete proof for. I am hopeful, but skeptical.

I don't agree with most organized religion though, and I absolutely think it needs to be kept out of the government.

Reactions: Vanitas

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@Lotan Agnostic too, but it's not really about the afterlife for me. I'm content to be reasorbed into the great noisy soup of the Universe. More because it could be either way (there is a god/ not) and if there is one/ several, I'm open to the possibility. Decided to be undecided, maybe.

Not much into organized religions, believing/following wise, but some of them are just gorgeous. I started studying religions to find one I can believe in, but then realized if I'm to believe in one I cannot (should not, rather) view the others in the same/ equal way anymore. So I'd rather stay undecided and 'have' them all.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Raised roman catholic, turned agnostic with a bit of a pantheist vibe.

I reject the idea of a human like, personal god and I cannot read the bible without finding myself even more alienated from the content. I couldnt believe it as a child and most definitely not as an adult. If anything, God is impersonal, indifferent, and most definitely nonhuman. Pantheism is like a Taoist view where God is everything. In us, the trees, and the rocks. It's made up of stars and all the matter of the universe. It even fits with the big bang theory. That idea is about as far as I'll pursue religion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts