Personality Cafe banner

Which of the following applies most to you? (ESFP's only)

• Conservative Protestant

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Moderate Protestant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal Protestant

• Conservative Catholic

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Moderate Catholic

• Liberal Catholic

• Conservative Eastern Orthodox

• Moderate Eastern Orthodox

• Liberal Eastern Orthodox

• Conservative Other

• Moderate Other

• Liberal Other

• I do not consider myself a Christian

Votes: 2 22.2%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ESFP's! How many of you identify as Christian? If you do, what broad-base denomination do you belong to and how liberal or conservative do you consider yourself? Any answers help, even if you aren't a Christian.

Conservative Christianity, broadly speaking, is defined in this context as a belief in the inerrancy or near-inerrancy of the Bible, a generally literal reading of the Bible, and a belief that the death and resurrection of Jesus is the one way to salvation. There is much overlap here with Christian fundamentalism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_fundamentalism

Liberal Christianity, broadly speaking, is defined in this context as a generally non-literal reading of the Bible, consideration of the Bible as a text essentially by man about God, and a belief in the non-exclusivity of Christianity as truth. Here is the wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_christianity

If you think one of the above describes your beliefs in essence, select it. If not, select moderate.

If you're wondering what I intend to do with the results, check out my blog post here: MBTI Correlation Project - Blogs - PersonalityCafe

Tag me or quote me if you want to get my attention on this thread. If there's an option you would like to select, but isn't available, let me know and I'll enter your information manually if possible. Also, this may be a fool's hope, but I'd prefer to keep this thread free of religious debate. I'm simply gathering data here.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hi Randroth, I am a Christian and a Conservative Protestant. I am a member of a Fellowship Baptist church. I am also a student at a trans-denominational Christian university, which basically teaches along moderate protestant lines. Hope that helps.

Reactions: TheJaneDoe

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is pretty hysterical to me. Decided to check out this subforum. Saw this poll. Laughed hysterically for no particular reason as I compared it to the INTP poll.

·
Registered
891 Posts
This is pretty hysterical to me. Decided to check out this subforum. Saw this poll. Laughed hysterically for no particular reason as I compared it to the INTP poll.
Yes, that is an interesting difference. What do you posit is the cause?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts