• SP / (70-100)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm curious to see the correlation between ethics and MBTI.
It's a 30 question test that you can complete in under 10 minutes.

Here it is: Integrity and Work Ethics Test

When you're done, your result will appear as a bar with a figure up to 100.
I'm also creating a poll in which you'll be submitting your results.

When we have enough results, we can start discussing.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Honesty Outlook

You did not have a strong negative, punitive attitude towards dishonest behaviors mentioned on the test, and may have also rationalized some dishonest acts based on situational factors. The behaviors assessed ranged from blatantly dishonest conduct such as stealing or failing to report major mistakes to managers, to those that are more innocent-sounding but can be equally damaging to a company in the long-term, such as time theft (taking longer breaks than allowed, leaving early, or deliberately working slowly) or cyberloafing (surfing the internet or otherwise misusing technology in a wasteful manner). While there may not be a direct link between having a lenient attitude toward dishonesty and actually acting dishonestly, studies have shown that there is a correlation, which means that those with a relaxed attitude towards dishonesty, like your own, may be somewhat more likely to take part in dishonest behaviors themselves.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
Honesty Outlook

Your responses to questions for this scale indicate that you had a negative, punitive attitude towards some dishonest behaviors, while you likely give other types of behaviors a pass. You may also have rationalized some misbehavior based on situational factors. These behaviors ranged from blatantly dishonest conduct such as stealing or failing to report major mistakes to managers, to those that are more innocent-sounding, but that are equally damaging to a company in the long-term, such as time theft (taking longer breaks than allowed, leaving early, or deliberately working slowly) or cyberloafing (surfing the net or otherwise misusing technology in a wasteful manner). While there may not be a direct link between having a lenient attitude about dishonesty and actually acting dishonestly, studies have shown that there is a correlation, which means that those with a relaxed attitude towards certain dishonest acts may be more likely to take part in such behaviors themselves.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You seem to have a fairly negative, punitive attitude towards many of the dishonest behaviors mentioned on this test, although you may have been a little less strict with a few of them. Overall, you are likely to rationalize some acts of dishonesty based on situational factors, but may not necessarily condone them, especially extreme acts of dishonesty. The acts assessed on this test ranged from blatantly dishonest conduct such as stealing or failing to report major mistakes to managers, to those that are more innocent-sounding, but that are equally damaging to a company in the long-term, such as time theft (taking longer breaks than allowed, leaving early, or deliberately working slowly) or cyberloafing (surfing the net or otherwise misusing technology in a wasteful manner). While there isn't a direct link between attitudes and behaviors, studies have shown that there is a correlation, which means that those with a relaxed attitude are more likely to take part in dishonest behaviors themselves than people like you, who generally condemn such actions.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Honesty Outlook

Your responses to questions for this scale indicate that you had a negative, punitive attitude towards some dishonest behaviors, while you likely give other types of behaviors a pass. You may also have rationalized some misbehavior based on situational factors. These behaviors ranged from blatantly dishonest conduct such as stealing or failing to report major mistakes to managers, to those that are more innocent-sounding, but that are equally damaging to a company in the long-term, such as time theft (taking longer breaks than allowed, leaving early, or deliberately working slowly) or cyberloafing (surfing the net or otherwise misusing technology in a wasteful manner). While there may not be a direct link between having a lenient attitude about dishonesty and actually acting dishonestly, studies have shown that there is a correlation, which means that those with a relaxed attitude towards certain dishonest acts may be more likely to take part in such behaviors themselves.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
40. And I completely disagree with their claim that those with a relaxed attitude are more likely to commit the acts themselves. I'm a pretty critical person. I think people are just not that good. Doesn't mean I'd do the same...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Gah, why isn't there FP option? Just to torture me, that's why.

Anyhow, I had 53%.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
58, but kind of a weird test. I don't really know how well I feel like it snapshots my personal ethics.

I think "Neutral Good" is a lot more telling about how I am ethically - Follow established rules as long as they're not harmful, for the sake of general harmony; ignore said rules if they are harmful; always try to act in a way that fosters wellbeing for self and others...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
58, but kind of a weird test. I don't really know how well I feel like it snapshots my personal ethics.
I agree. This test only adresses stealing, and some other not very important things in the laboral scene. Quite an unextensive and specific test.

And by the way, I forgot to say I got a 67.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
40. And I completely disagree with their claim that those with a relaxed attitude are more likely to commit the acts themselves. I'm a pretty critical person. I think people are just not that good. Doesn't mean I'd do the same...
Keep in mind that this claim is probably based on research and data which had a correlation between relaxedness and a propensity to steal/whatever. One example doesnt disprove a whole collection of data.

I got exactly 50.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
37. I would disagree that I rationalize dishonest acts. I admit to my own selfishness, and if I (or someone I care about) am not being cheated by someone else's opportunism, it is not my concern (although I might be envious and want to rat them out). If I'm working with other honest people, I find that I try harder to uphold honesty in order to discourage disintegration into chaos, but if, after observing the system, I discover that it is already corrupt, I play the game and become more greedy.

You did not have a strong negative, punitive attitude towards dishonest behaviors mentioned on the test, and may have also rationalized some dishonest acts based on situational factors. The behaviors assessed ranged from blatantly dishonest conduct such as stealing or failing to report major mistakes to managers, to those that are more innocent-sounding but can be equally damaging to a company in the long-term, such as time theft (taking longer breaks than allowed, leaving early, or deliberately working slowly) or cyberloafing (surfing the internet or otherwise misusing technology in a wasteful manner). While there may not be a direct link between having a lenient attitude toward dishonesty and actually acting dishonestly, studies have shown that there is a correlation, which means that those with a relaxed attitude towards dishonesty, like your own, may be somewhat more likely to take part in dishonest behaviors themselves.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I agree. This test only adresses stealing, and some other not very important things in the laboral scene. Quite an unextensive and specific test.
Yeah, exactly. It reminds me a lot of the "ethics assessment" tests some large-company jobs require. It doesn't even begin to address situations with more complex human elements, and it definitely doesn't leave the fishbowl of the company and the worker to look at social justice on a grand scale.

Speaking of - it registers to me as kind of annoying that the results are focusing on suggesting that people with a "relaxed attitude towards dishonesty" are more likely to act dishonestly (duh though?), but it's really only looking from the perspective of the company at the worker and isn't accounting for ethics in terms of company culture towards workers, like whether the company engages in shitty practices like forcing overtime during workdays and then cutting overtime for the week total, and so on... not from a perspective of rationalizing dishonesty, but from a perspective of asking if the company execs are creating a company culture that actually supports and rewards ethical behavior instead of one that is punitive towards workers while casting a blind eye towards low ethical standards in management.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
I am really not surprised by results as far as my factoring generally not condoning poor conduct or promoting and leaning more towards good conduct but leaving room for human error. At the beginning when it asked my view on others I think had a very accurate assessment of that, from previous managing so alot of my view of others is directly based from hiring and firing people and having to pick and chose prior what conduct a blind eye gets turned to and what conduct is make or break on getting written up or fired.

You seem to have a fairly negative, punitive attitude towards many of the dishonest behaviors mentioned on this test, although you may have been a little less strict with a few of them. Overall, you are likely to rationalize some acts of dishonesty based on situational factors, but may not necessarily condone them, especially extreme acts of dishonesty. The acts assessed on this test ranged from blatantly dishonest conduct such as stealing or failing to report major mistakes to managers, to those that are more innocent-sounding, but that are equally damaging to a company in the long-term, such as time theft (taking longer breaks than allowed, leaving early, or deliberately working slowly) or cyberloafing (surfing the net or otherwise misusing technology in a wasteful manner). While there isn't a direct link between attitudes and behaviors, studies have shown that there is a correlation, which means that those with a relaxed attitude are more likely to take part in dishonest behaviors themselves than people like you, who generally condemn such actions.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Keep in mind that this claim is probably based on research and data which had a correlation between relaxedness and a propensity to steal/whatever. One example doesnt disprove a whole collection of data.

I got exactly 50.
But neither does having a general trend explain every data point. I'm saying that at least for me, my attitudes towards some of the integrity questions stem from my cynicism towards people's behavior. But I don't personally engage in those behaviors.

·
Registered
ENTJ 3w2-5w6-9w8 so/sp
1,183 Posts
Honesty Outlook

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Situational factors are highly important to me.

What country are we talking about? What are the working conditions? Are the people at work satisfied and paid fairly?

The questions did not give me enough background information to correctly analyze and attest the situation. I had to assume the following: the conditions are likely taking place in American (I've never been in America) capitalist society at the beginning of the 21st century.

This test has its shortcomings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts