Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm feeling curious, do you guys think that there are any ties between MBTI and handwriting? I've always wondered, and now that I've got a little bit of free time I decided that I want to see. I'm gathering samples of different MBTI type's handwriting, and I would be really grateful if some of you guys would give me some.
I'm posting this on each of the forums and I really hope to get some good samples!
If you want to send in a sample then just write the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog twice on a sheet of note paper. write the first sentence in cursive, and the next sentence in your normal handwriting, and then post it as a reply to this thread. I think it'll be really cool to see whether or not our personalities influence the way we write.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I'll just tell you flat out that my handwriting is sloppy. My cursive is practically illegible, but I kind of like that. People can't decipher my writing unless they really work at it. I think that's fun due to the puzzle it can bring. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Mine is just terrible and has never gotten better since I was about 10 or so! XD
Every attempt to write nearly causes hand cramp so I prefer to type stuff.

So no. You don't really want to see it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having bad handwriting is perfectly fine!
I'm not actually judging the quality of the handwriting, just little things that distinguish certain styles from others, so even if your handwriting looks like Gollum got into some fingerpaints, I still want to see it. Truth be told my handwriting is pretty illegible as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I work at it and take my time, my handwriting is neat and really pretty. Also my letters are curvey and I press really hard. If I'm hurring or just tired it looks like cursive and print had a kid that was then taken and raised by chickens. Good luck to anyone foolish enough to try ton decode it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I would be happy to exhibit my messy handwriting:

Photo2201.jpg

Reactions: PumpkinEater

·
Registered
79 Posts
IMG_0144.jpg

Hope this is big enough. Click on the image I don't know how to make it bigger here.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
flat out awful. it depends on my mood. if i'm all giddy (which is a good majority of the time) it's a lot more swoopy and round and drippy. when i'm mad or upset it's spiky and long. but it's always big, regardless of mood. my teachers yell at me about it a lot, but i really like it to be honest.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, truth time. I'm not actually studying your handwriting.
My experimental psychology group and I wrote this to see how the different personality types react to a somewhat complicated request. All of you were awesome, and the number of posts we got speaks MILES about how helpful you guys are. Thank you!
Sincerely,
Lillian, Vanessa, Dave, Mark, and Kayla

1 - 20 of 28 Posts