Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have to live in our present to reach our future.

How do you cope with the uncertainties and vicissitudes that accompany your present as it morphs into your future?

As an INFP, I tend to let things come my way. I'm more of a live and let live type of person. I like to think that whatever I do, no matter how banal or low quality, I will somehow reach my ultimate destiny, even if it may be slightly different. It's mysterious, passive, and receiving of the world as it comes. This causes some anxiety and distress, but I keep living in the present in this manner. It may be related to a belief in a higher power, some magical hand that knows me intimately and is guiding me. To me, everything happens for a reason, even if I can't explain it. All of it is connected and will eventually work out the way it's supposed to, even if it's a materialistically terrible ending.

What say you?

·
Registered
131 Posts
We all have to live in our present to reach our future.

How do you cope with the uncertainties and vicissitudes that accompany your present as it morphs into your future?

As an INFP, I tend to let things come my way. I'm more of a live and let live type of person. I like to think that whatever I do, no matter how banal or low quality, I will somehow reach my ultimate destiny, even if it may be slightly different. It's mysterious, passive, and receiving of the world as it comes. This causes some anxiety and distress, but I keep living in the present in this manner. It may be related to a belief in a higher power, some magical hand that knows me intimately and is guiding me. To me, everything happens for a reason, even if I can't explain it. All of it is connected and will eventually work out the way it's supposed to, even if it's a materialistically terrible ending.

What say you?
I have the same belief as you, that everything happens for a reason whether I know it or not. However I also believe that this shouldn't lead me to a dominantly passive role in living my life, rather I should take an active role in shaping my destiny. I do this by looking to the future and planning ahead then executing in the present. This gives me a sense of direction and motivates me to action and dispels any fears. The only problem I encounter and am working on is I tend to plan for the future most of the time and can forget the present. Overall, Balance is everything and one should reach a point whereby he can take action and live in the present, plan flexibly for the future, while occasionally looking back to the past to discern mistakes and gain wisdom.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Before I got married, I pretty much floated. I now have a partner to work with. We have goals and plans to reach our goals. My partner tends to be more into the planning. I tend to be better at figuring out how to reach those goals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.