Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every body
im so confused about how can i trust mbti to make a long term healthy relationship
im an infp and my ex was enfp and we broke up after only three months

lately i took a mbti test again and my result was intj!!!!!!

and now I'm going to make a relationship with a esfp girl and now i don't know how bad or perfect can be this relation!!!

im so mixed up about mbti test and it tests resolution and how to explain its results for a love relationship.

can anybody help me????

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
If you want to learn more about intertype realtions, I recommend you to learn Socionics.
It's another model based on the same work (Jung's work), but there is more developpement in relationships.

Here's the link : wikisocion intertype relations

If we suppose that you are INFP (EII), and this girl ESFP (SEE), then you will have a supervisor relationship (and in this case, she's the supervisor, and you are the supervisee).

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If you like the person, that's pretty much all you need to proceed with the relationship. And MBTI isn't a crystal ball. It's not going to predict the longevity of your relationships. I'm sorry to have to say that you're just gonna have to take risks sometimes. But think of it this way, it's a learning experience. If you haven't done a lot of dating, then it might not be such a bad idea to start. I mean how do you know what all you like and dislike until you've tried different things and people.

The only reason why I'd take typology more seriously in this arena is when there becomes a clear pattern of going for certain persons that you don't work out with, and it's pretty much wrecked your life.

·
Registered
315 Posts
MBTI is a bad way to decide who you want in your life.

Everyone you date is essentially a candidate of who you want to spend the rest of your life with. We are talking up to 70 years of your life. I'll imagine at that time, MBTI may not even exist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts