• XNFJ, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this poll, please read the following statement:

"I usually feel like if there's something I want, or if I have a goal I'm attempting to achieve, I feel pretty good about my chances of success as long as I set my mind to it and work hard."

And then choose, yes or no, if this sounds like you. I couldn't list all 16 MBTI types so I lumped the Introverts and Extroverts together.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
No

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't really have big goals or dreams to achieve, so I'm usually confident that I will succeed if I try hard enough.

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Definitely me. I work hard and also my husband says I have Irish luck.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Responses to that statement are not necessarily reflective of self-confidence because factors other than our own actions impact our ability to succeed (and, therefore, our perception of our ability to succeed).

If you meant to ask whether we feel capable of doing whatever is in our power to do towards our goals, then my answer is yes (INTP).

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
INFJ and yes. Ni-Se!!

I think that's always been a big part of my personality. Even when I was little, I'd always get some almost impossible idea in my head, but I wouldn't let it go until I'd brought it into reality. Take making a book from scratch for example--I'd never done anything quite like it but I have to say it turned out pretty well! That mentality has been quite useful in architecture too...except when the not letting things go until they're done and just how you've envisioned part gets in the way of normal life, which is most of the time, but it's all good. Studio has just ended for the year and I miss it like crazy.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
INTJ and no. My desires were relatively modest to begin with, but all my efforts to move forward (in a workplace context) proved futile due to "Unforeseen Circumstances" (such as professional obsolescence). Then there's the ratio of stagnant wages against an ever-increasing cost of living. For example, my old apartment used to cost $500 a month. Now it's $700. The most money I've ever made is $12.50 an hour and that was back in 2001. Since then, I haven't even managed to get back up to $12 an hour. So here I am in my late 30s with no future despite having done everything "right" (supposedly) in terms of fulfilling obligations.

I am become Bill "D-FENS" Foster.

"Look at this sorry, miserable, squashed thing."

·
Registered
146 Posts
"I usually feel like if there's something I want, or if I have a goal I'm attempting to achieve, I feel pretty good about my chances of success as long as I set my mind to it and work hard."
That's a huge if. I rarely if ever set goals for myself. If I do, I usually get distracted on my way there, my interests change and I pick up something else to do. :sad:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
For this poll, please read the following statement:

And then choose, yes or no, if this sounds like you. I couldn't list all 16 MBTI types so I lumped the Introverts and Extroverts together.
I'm middle-of-the-road when it comes to answering this question, but I am unfortunately a bit on the negative side.

While hard work is a big component of succeeding, there is also a dash of luck and the building of connections. If anything, there's always a chance of a gamble - something that frankly unnerves me to the core.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Hell yes.

I don't know how to give up. If there isn't already an established way, I'll make one.

I believe very little is truly impossible and I like to see through 'child's eyes' (unknowing, curious & open).

I'm not averse to going headlong into the unknown, hard work or being creative.

It's missed opportunities, not fulfilling my potential and being too pussycat to get up close & personal with 'impossible' that I fear.

I would only attribute part of this to being an INTJ. My values, locus of control, enneagram & confidence building past life experiences will be factors.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,312 Posts
It depends on what it is. I want a castle in Scotland, I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen and that I probably don't want to do whatever it might take to make it happen. But there are other smaller or more realistic things that I would feel pretty confident I would be able to attain.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Absolutely. If it's a major goal, then I also won't hesitate to put everything else 'on hold' just to focus on that one particular goal if it comes to it.

-INTJ

Reactions: Dare

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I want something, if I REALLY want something, sooner or later I' ll get to it... even if it's impossible (and by impossible I mean defying the current laws of physics and what we conceive as reality, there's probably a way, it just hasn't been discovered yet).

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
Luck is definitely a factor (and I don't think I have much), but I do think I can achieve any reasonable (no wishing for me to become supreme dictator of the world or anything) goals I make if I set my mind to it and work hard enough. Now, the probability of me actually setting my mind to it and working hard enough is very low, though.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,676 Posts
I don't know how to give up. If there isn't already an established way, I'll make one.

I believe very little is truly impossible and I like to see through 'child's eyes' (unknowing, curious & open).

I'm not averse to going headlong into the unknown, hard work or being creative.
Thank goodness... Don't stop.

Reactions: Dare

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Probably fall moderate

I have insecurities and can second guess myself at times or think I am drowning in an aspiration

But I do not let it stop me from seeking to try
I have failed and succeeded at alotta things

1 - 20 of 22 Posts