Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
You can always link your MBTI results and watch the managers swoon and roll out a red carpet while awaiting your arrival.

"The mastermind cometh...., thou shalt not exude a single utterance of any kind in her mastery's presence"

*Cue celebratory horn from a guy with a medieval bangs-like hairstyle.
yay, I like celebratory horns. and the only mention of MBTI on my page is this INTJ group I'm a member of on LinkedIn. other than that I'm not really sure how to appropriately fit it in.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I guess it's hard to keep up two social networks at the same time.
This is EXACTLY why I refuse to sign up for anymore social media. I had a Myspace and FB at the same time, and it just felt pointless to have the myspace just sitting there and not getting used. I know the same thing would happen if I created a Twitter or other account- one would would be all shinny and new, and the other would be let gathering dust; I'm just sticking with one social media site for now.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
What I really be interested in is why the intuitives or sensors chose to join or not join certain social media. I wonder about the low numbers on the ISxx types specifically. I'd be a fairly early adopter of FB, but was never all that interested in it. It ended up being the most convenient way to communicate or keep track of a few people I knew, and that's about it. I prefer forums like this based around interests though. I wonder what the stats on the number of Ns and Ss that join forums to discuss special interests or hobbies vs just general social media like FB/Twitter would look like.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Whats the type most likely to be keen on Pokémon? Just interested :33 btw Im on Twitter but I forgot the password (thank god). But Im really into YouTube. Im not on Facebook, Im not that socially brave...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Whats the type most likely to be keen on Pokémon? Just interested :33 btw Im on Twitter but I forgot the password (thank god). But Im really into YouTube. Im not on Facebook, Im not that socially brave...
Why not start a thread about that? (If there already isn't one, I haven't checked.)

I'm an INFP and I love Pokémon :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Why not start a thread about that? (If there already isn't one, I haven't checked.)

I'm an INFP and I love Pokémon :)
Mm hm, well I guess it depends, but as it goes for the roleplaying in the games, Im going to say that alot of feelers might like the games, or sensors. But when I think about the strategy, it might be in favour of some thinkers. As it goes for the whole idea, its good for INFPs as well.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Mm hm, well I guess it depends, but as it goes for the roleplaying in the games, Im going to say that alot of feelers might like the games, or sensors. But when I think about the strategy, it might be in favour of some thinkers. As it goes for the whole idea, its good for INFPs as well.
Yeah, my ESFP brother is into is as well, and so is an ENTP friend of mine.
You made me think, though. We all probably like Pokémon in different ways and for different reasons.

I really like escaping into a new world, full of different creatures. I enjoy the sensation of going on an adventure. I end up really connecting to my own Pokémon. I also loved reading the manga (not hating on the anime, but the manga is a million times better!!!). And I like looking at fanart online.

My ENTP friend got me more focused on strategies, though. Very interesting!

(Also: I got into Pokémon when I was 10, then stopped maybe when I was 12? I would casually pick up a game every once in a while, but I didn't follow the new generations. Then about two or three years ago - I'm 23 now - I got back into it full force!)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Wow so my/our type is the most unlikely to use Facebook and its not even close. Even though I am not too fond of the site, I could never see myself off of it, I think I live on FB. I wonder if this matters with age, ie did Facebook exist during your teenage, young adult years and how that affects your usage of FB.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
What I really be interested in is why the intuitives or sensors chose to join or not join certain social media. I wonder about the low numbers on the ISxx types specifically. I'd be a fairly early adopter of FB, but was never all that interested in it. It ended up being the most convenient way to communicate or keep track of a few people I knew, and that's about it. I prefer forums like this based around interests though. I wonder what the stats on the number of Ns and Ss that join forums to discuss special interests or hobbies vs just general social media like FB/Twitter would look like.
I joined facebook because friends and family wanted me to, plus to participate in beta keys (such as for tribes ascend) and other handouts etc. I have it as it's often is "required". I'm genuinely not interested in facebook otherwise.

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
I was one of the early adopters of Facebook. Now that everyone is on it, out of everyone I know who doesn't have Facebook, I'm the only one whom I know to have deleted theirs (deleted. Not deactivated. I can never get it back.
How do you delete your facebook? Mine has been deactivated for three years. Did you delete it before that option was done away with? Mine has been deactivated for four years - I deleted all friends and deactivated it.

I am not sure how to necessarily take those statistics. How is it that ESFPs are one of the lowest % to use Twitter? Or that INFJs are are one of the highest to use Facebook? That doesn't make any sense to me...

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm pretty sure the delete option still exists. If you Google it you can find. In fact, I sent that option out about a month ago, then it told me I would have 3 weeks until my account was deleted for good (foreboding music). After about 2 weeks maybe 1 and a half, I caved in and I got a message "Welcome Back to Facebook". It was like playing chicken, and I lost to the social media giant.

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
I guess I should of just searched on my own in the first place :p

Here is what I found on the site:

If you don't think you'll use Facebook again, you can request to have your account permanently deleted. Please keep in mind that you won't be able to reactivate your account or retrieve any of the content or information you've added. Before you do this, you may want to download a copy of your info from Facebook. Then, if you'd like your account permanently deleted with no option for recovery, log in to your account and fill out this form.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
How do you delete your facebook? Mine has been deactivated for three years. Did you delete it before that option was done away with? Mine has been deactivated for four years - I deleted all friends and deactivated it.

I am not sure how to necessarily take those statistics. How is it that ESFPs are one of the lowest % to use Twitter? Or that INFJs are are one of the highest to use Facebook? That doesn't make any sense to me...
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Hope that helps.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Don't delete your facebook, you just might regret not having the ability to stalk people you don't like.... geez I could not even keep up that joke. There is something wrong with fb but i can never know why. its will be replaced soon, but not sure with what

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Some people are quicker to adopt new technology than others. There's an inventory for this i cbf looking up. The difference between infj and infp % usage was interesting to me because its pretty significant. I contemplated explaining that by N-doms being more open to new technology and how that transmutes Fe which is already inclined to "keep in touch".

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Also a lot of Fi types deactivate or refuse to get a profile due to ideological reasons :p -_- the istjs I know are probably the most private out of all the types. I get the sense that the discrepancy between s and n is not just adoption of technology but privacy. N types in general seem more inclined to share stuff and want a vehicle for that. I hardly ever share personal updates, it's always music, trailers for films etc. if I couldn't share that, I would be lost. Or maybe that's the influence of social networking sites. I still think Susan Greenfield has made some apt comments about the effects of social media.

21 - 40 of 156 Posts