Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
So, for reseach purposes, here is a summarized Facebook experience of an INTP.

I got on facebook way back in the day when Myspace was 'the thing' and facebook was for serious networking. Now, I am a pacebook perciever. I read what others say until I feel bored, but I rarely post or reply to anything and if I do, it is usually sarcasm. That being said, I am an in-progress author and as such, I am trying to have more of a social media presence, even if it just more frequent sarcasm. As my writing is also filled with sarcasm, this does not seem like an unwise move, merely one that is contrary to my natural state which is called by others "lazy and antisocial." I will not at this time delve into the intricate fallacies and meanings of such words.

Back to facebook. I like it for implied communication with my friends that are far away. I like it when posts are relevant information, I do not care for gushy posts, stupid pointless posts about a stupid pointless everyday life, pity posts, or the facebook flirting posts. Sending public, lovey-dovey messages to your girl/boyfriend is incomprehinsible and not appreciated by me.

Pictures are good. That is probably the best thing about facebook is the picture and tagging system. As a person who is ever forgettful and lazy when it comes to taking photos---or remembering the camera---facebook is lovely. I can get pics of stuff I want ot remember, but I dont have to remember the camera or have to do any work.

I tire of this topic now. Farewell.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a Facebook account, but i get on it maybe 2 or 3 times a month. I almost never talk to anyone using Facebook, definitely not Twitter, and what exactly is Linkedin? Ive heard of it, never really taken it seriously. Anyway this site is 1000 times better of a social medium than any of those. :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have a Facebook account, but i get on it maybe 2 or 3 times a month. I almost never talk to anyone using Facebook, definitely not Twitter, and what exactly is Linkedin? Ive heard of it, never really taken it seriously. Anyway this site is 1000 times better of a social medium than any of those. :)
LinkedIn's a professional networking site; I have an account but use it rarely. You're right, this site is better; more information and more of a chance to learn. I am constantly learning new things from the people on this board.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
As an ISTJ, I do not have a FB account because I consider myself to be a very private person. I don't want anyone from my past trying to search for me on any social media for "Friends" purposes. There's a reason why we are no longer friends "so let sleeping dogs lie". I've heard other people with FB accounts talk about getting "friend" requests from those they went to elementary school and once they were accepted they really had nothing to discuss passed the intial "What have you been up to"? and "Are you married with kids?"

I feel the same way about online dating? I much rather get a feel for the person when meeting face to face.

·
Registered
10 Posts
While there are some consistent differences in the trends across the three social media providers examined, it is clear that people of all types make use of social media to some degree, and that MB TI preferences do not account for major differences in the reported use of social media.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Had a facebook page. Got rid of it. Had no friends. And the friends I do have I talk to already by text. The forums here are better than any social networking page. I find facebook to be a waste of time for me. If I want to talk to you I already am....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Back to facebook. I like it for implied communication with my friends that are far away. I like it when posts are relevant information, I do not care for gushy posts, stupid pointless posts about a stupid pointless everyday life, pity posts, or the facebook flirting posts. Sending public, lovey-dovey messages to your girl/boyfriend is incomprehinsible and not appreciated by me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The data presented in this report come from a study on MBTI type and social media use conducted by CPP, Inc., in 2011. The study respondents consisted of a sample of 1,784 men and women across the United States who had taken the MBTI assessment and agreed to participate in research conducted by CPP. The results of this study indicated that personality type does matter, but only in some areas. In regard to views on social media in general, many of the differences revealed were between Extraverted and Introverted types, although there were also some whole type differences.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I deleted my facebook account almost a year ago. I loved it when it first came out, but it quickly became unmanageable as I added more friends. I honestly felt too self centered to use it anyways and I disliked how undirected the communication was. When I posted a status update, it wasn't to anyone specifically, just to a group of contacts, making the message much less meaningful, in my opinion. On the opposite end, people posted status updates and uploaded pictures, but they actually weren't directed to me, so I didn't feel it all too important to comment. This is a more exaggerated version of getting an email from an old friend with pictures and a long story of what they have been up to lately, but you are on a list of fifty other people; kind of makes you feel like anything but a close friend. If I want to do that, I write one-on-one emails. Friendship is not about efficiency.

I think it is a natural part of life to lose friends you once had. People grow up and move on. It was nice to reconnect with people from my past, but it made me realize that we aren't friends anymore for a reason; we moved on. I have friends that I have relationships with in real life. That is good enough for me. Some of these friends I will lose in the future, but I will also make new friends. Facebook has only been out for a few years and I already long for the good old days when lasting friendships required hard work.

·
Banned
222 Posts
I deleted my facebook account almost a year ago. I loved it when it first came out, but it quickly became unmanageable as I added more friends. I honestly felt too self centered to use it anyways and I disliked how undirected the communication was. When I posted a status update, it wasn't to anyone specifically, just to a group of contacts, making the message much less meaningful, in my opinion. On the opposite end, people posted status updates and uploaded pictures, but they actually weren't directed to me, so I didn't feel it all too important to comment. This is a more exaggerated version of getting an email from an old friend with pictures and a long story of what they have been up to lately, but you are on a list of fifty other people; kind of makes you feel like anything but a close friend. If I want to do that, I write one-on-one emails. Friendship is not about efficiency.

I think it is a natural part of life to lose friends you once had. People grow up and move on. It was nice to reconnect with people from my past, but it made me realize that we aren't friends anymore for a reason; we moved on. I have friends that I have relationships with in real life. That is good enough for me. Some of these friends I will lose in the future, but I will also make new friends. Facebook has only been out for a few years and I already long for the good old days when lasting friendships required hard work.
I don't see a need to add many friends on my Facebook, and I generally feel uncomfortable adding anyone to my Facebook account, unless he/she is a very trusted friend or family member of mine.

My general rule is: Facebook for Best friends and family, Skype for friends whom live within the country, phone calls and SMS for people I see everyday and email/forums for the rest.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Speaking of which, I love the chart. Helps me really understand MBTI a bit better.
Actually, I don't at all like the chart. Although I am definitely an Intuitive, I can also be an ordered thinker. Furthermore, the J-P dichotomy isn't explained very well in my opinion, but what can I expect for one-line descriptions? I digress.

I hope that wasn't too offensive. My vitriol is directed at the graphic designer and not you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think both sides of the types agrees with this and there is a point that each other don't like each other because for example introverts are proud not sharing themselves but extroverts hates introverts for not sharing themselves.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wonder what ENFJs find so attractive about Facebook.
My ENFJ bestfriend/roommate... I check my Facebook maybe once a week. I don't have many friends, but she is BY FAR the most active.

She is always liking things, and she is completely open to me about how much she loves the feedback when she posts a witty status or a new Facebook profile picture. She will even sit there on her phone and inform everyone about the new comments or likes she gets on a post. I think I would be annoyed if it was anyone else! She also loves Twitter, but less so because not as many people are on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I usually just have some personal friends and certainly avoid random people since they can extract our email just by adding a friend. If you don't know that person your email can get passed to the junk email servers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I usually didn't like Facebook at all. A site full of douch and girl that talk about how great a coffee was or anything like this.

41 - 60 of 156 Posts