Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm on Facebook but i don't use it to interact with friends. I rarely posts photos of me and rarely share "what's on my mind".
I just launch Facebook and i can scroll down for hours. It's a way for me to keep me aware of what is happening on the web.

Also, i never "spy" on people. I've seen a lot a friend going on someone else's profile and be like:"Oh look, he posted a photo with this person!". I don't see any interest in doing that.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,038 Posts
It's all about the why.

I'm an ISTJ that has:

YouTube (seldom used)
Google+ (almost never used)
PerC (used almost daily)
Reddit (used daily)
Twitter (several times/day)

I don't use any others. PerC is mostly because of the people I know here. Reddit is for interesting things that haven't made it onto my radar. Twitter is for trending topics of discussion, which I then go explore, if I'm interested.

My ISTJ mom likes Facebook, but little else. She uses it to keep up with extended family.

Type probably plays a role, but there are other factors that should be considered.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm an ISXP, & I kinda dislike social media.

I either don't sign up for these things, or become a lazy user.

About FB & Insta, well, every once in a while, I get in the mood & sign up for an account, & I promise myself that I'm going to post things & I'll become popular. But then I usually end up checking other ppl's accounts for a while & then I get bored & delete my account.

& whenever my friends/peers make a new chatting group on line & add me to it, I end up being one of the laziest members.
I just don't like small talk & chatting & sometimes, Idk how to hold the conversation!
Besides, talking (chatting) with a group of ppl is not really my thing.
In general I prefer meeting ppl in person, than chatting or texting them!

Social media makes me stressed out!
I wish I could be more social !

But I really really love YouTube & PerC!

·
Registered
887 Posts
As an ISTP who has:

Facebook: I use it mostly for the groups; also, my FB security is to the max. its pretty difficult to find me with just my name or email. Not to mention, to see any of my posts, you must friend me.
Twitter: Have become a lazy user in the recent years; lost its appeal
LinkedIn: I have one, but I've forgotten my password and stuff and never cared enough to recover it
Tumblr: Use it daily
PerC: usually daily, but its use really fluctuates

·
нånD gяênåDê
3,421 Posts
I'm personally adopting an introverts (INFJ) aproach to social media as an INFJ one of my strengths is listening and theres far too few people listening on social media
I see myself as reading in between the lines, and coming to see similar patterns (mostly stupidity, self-righteousness, counterproductive communication, mob mentality) as stemming from huge global human problems (overproduction, hyper-consumerism, competitive individualism, finding cheap automated easy-access substitutes to superficially meet social needs).

I listen and challenge both sides of any argument to zoom out and figure out /how/ to (intuitively, productively and harmoniously) communicate, and /why/ (introspectively, ethically) we want to communicate it... before they even begin to think about /what/ to communicate.

Far too few people listening. Even far fewer questioning the whole structure of the dialogue.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I'm an ISTP and here's how I use social media:

Facebook: I'm somewhat active. Typically I rarely post, but if I do, I only post random observations or memes. Rarely will I post a selfie there. Outside my own profile, I occasionally do comment here and there on some of my friends' posts. I am known to vanish for days at a time - sometimes for weeks or months. Nobody can see my posts unless they're on my friends list, and I don't really like it when people message me on there just to chat. Unless it's important.

Tumblr: Got rid of it.

Twitter: Never cared for it.

Snapchat: Somewhat active.

Instagram: I have one, but I might delete it since it's boring to me now.

I'm more active on here these days, honestly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After being in this site for a while I decided that I don't like many of you and I don't like what this whole website stand for. But I am back for a little question that been bugging me lately.

I live in Saudi, a very religious country with tons of close minded sheep. Everyone wants to kill you for doubting their religious figures and everyone hates everyone who thinks differently and everyone would fight and kill and die before admitting they are wrong.
Lately I've been using Twitter a bit and seeing Saudies in it is so.. ugh. And I am gonna tell you a story:
In Saudi its a TRADE to be a religious healer. Like, curing people by chanting quran verses on them. People get paid to do that shit and sometimes even creepier stuff like reading Quran on water and then spitting on it and having the sick drink it. There are tons of other bullshit that these religious healers get paid to do that are so obviously nonsense. Then enter a cool guy who made a hashtag on twitter and started a movement against these people, using proofs of them being frauds from both science and Islamic scripts. And as with any movement there are some who stood with it and against it, whether because they are still not convinced or because they benefit of people still thinking like we still live in the stone age.

What I am trying to get at, seeing these people who still believe in the religious healers out of solely being stubborn make me sick. The frauds themselves? I can understand. This guy is ruining their business. But what about these stubborn people? They make me so mad. Dishing the worst insults and names at him when he did nothing to deserve it. Some even called for him getting executed out of pure hatred. They really disgust me. Some of the methods these healers use resulted in DEATHS. electric shocks that fried people to death and water that been spit out resulting in some really nasty diseases and infections. and these people still defend them? They make me sick, to say the least, but I also kind of want to understand them.. So I am back to this stupid site with all of these stupid people who think some online test figured them out completely, not realizing that they are molding themselves to fit in their perspective types instead. BUT I DIGRESS.

People who think like sheep. Who are they? Why are they the way that they are? What are the personality types that mostly fit them? because I can't see types such as INTP, ENFP, ENTP and INFJ for example do what these people are doing. I am also noticing that they are VERY similar to one another, going into their twitter accounts you'd sometimes swear its the same person making all these fake accounts, pretentiously cool bios that they stole from one another, black and white pictures of handsome actors or pictures of soccer players. Even the tweets they steal from each others are the same which really makes me think that its possible that most people in Saudi fit into one or two types, and if that was the case, I wanna know these types possibly are.

·
нånD gяênåDê
3,421 Posts
People who think like sheep. Who are they? Why are they the way that they are? What are the personality types that mostly fit them? because I can't see types such as INTP, ENFP, ENTP and INFJ for example do what these people are doing. I am also noticing that they are VERY similar to one another, going into their twitter accounts you'd sometimes swear its the same person making all these fake accounts, pretentiously cool bios that they stole from one another, black and white pictures of handsome actors or pictures of soccer players. Even the tweets they steal from each others are the same which really makes me think that its possible that most people in Saudi fit into one or two types, and if that was the case, I wanna know these types possibly are.
So you can avoid them...? xD

I don't blame you. Just remember: In some social climates with different influences other than polarizing religious mores and values, people of these types could be perfectly agreeable.

I would suggest making it your imperative to avoid {Type XxXx and Type xXxX Saudis}, only-- not all the people of those type. It's still a bit of an overgeneralization, but some generalizations are good for "Rules to Remember".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Idk, im an ENTP snd I dont care for social media much, although i do scroll through fb from time to time, I much prefer something like youtube.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The only reason I have a facebook account is to keep in touch with my family who live in another country. If I lived at home, I would probably disactivate my account / abandon it and log in like once a year just to keep up with the world, like has anybody I know died and stuff like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know, I'm an INFJ and I don't have and doubt I ever will have a Facebook page... maybe it is that I am old-school about internet use, and being of the "hack the planet generation" I don't trust having all my info out there where I can't control it. I see social media as ideal for extroverts who just "have" to share EVERYTHING with EVERYONE while introverts might spend a lot of time browsing the internet and only posting selectively. Then again, if I had a way truly hide my IP, there is no telling what I might do.
Not out of malice, just a curious mind and an axe to grind on behalf of untold others~

Maybe others differ, a lot of keyboard warriors out there... but without a "mask" it just seems too exposed to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm an ENTP and I loathe social media. I also am supposed to be using it as part of my job, something I'll consider doing once someone gets mad at me. Facebook infuriates and I always want to hop in and write all these long winded arguments all over comments I don't agree with. Then I remind myself that the internet is a terrible medium for debate and if I were to dive into something like arguing on Facebook I would literally never see the light of day.

To date I have been in one public Facebook argument and it was with a former teacher from my middle school.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts