Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any MBTI training/team activities inside their workplace? Has it helped you at all? What did it teach you about your colleagues? What sort of activities did the facilitator have you do?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
We did this recently, and have another retreat dedicated to this coming up. The real activities will be coming then, because the first time we just went over the definitions of the dichotomies and took an official test (which had a really cool scoring scheme). I learned from this event that I am surrounded by ENFPs. It's definitely been useful knowledge for me, in terms of learning how to navigate office politics.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
We did this recently, and have another retreat dedicated to this coming up. The real activities will be coming then, because the first time we just went over the definitions of the dichotomies and took an official test (which had a really cool scoring scheme). I learned from this event that I am surrounded by ENFPs. It's definitely been useful knowledge for me, in terms of learning how to navigate office politics.
What was the scoring scheme?

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And what industry do you work in?

I work in accounting.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
What was the scoring scheme?
The questions bleed through using carbon paper. On the back sheet you can tell what counts towards what by its position on the page and you score it that way. It was really elegant and easy-to-use in the limitations of a paper format.

And what industry do you work in?

I work in accounting.
I work in higher education development, so it is natural that we would have a lot of NFs, but I was still surprised by the numbers. For reference, this is how my team broke down:

ENFP x5
ENFJ x2
ISTJ x2
ENTP
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ (myself)
ISFJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts