Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Club - Wikisocion

there is also a whole lot more information about socionics on this website.

and don't freak out because Isabell briggs is like your great aunt or something... I am just talking different systems.
if you disagree you disagree. there are some crappy sites out there that talk about socionics as a "look to personality" based system that a lot of ethical types find frustrating therfore do not want to even look into socionics much.
give it a chance people.

read the article... too lazy to explain why I am right on this one.
toodles.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Socionics is a convoluted mess, and types in a far too narrow-minded manner -- trying to ascribe every last bit of human behavior and every human relationship to some type or another, which just doesn't really fly. It has the advantage of being more internally precise than MBTI though. When a type clicks, it fucking clicks.

I'm a Socionics SLE (Ni Harmonizer subtype).

Reactions: GreenCoyote

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
once i finish building the MBTI model i plan on giving socionics a look - some things about MBTI are still clicking together for me - so might take a year though cuz there is a ton of information here :p
maybe I should just also join a socionics blog-site.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So, an INFJ would be a Scionics IEI, right?

And here I thought I finally had the MBTI more or less figured out, now there's a whole other system for me to learn! Aaaahhhh!

Reactions: GreenCoyote

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find socionics terriby confusing....
thats cause it is...
it's very super ultra confusing...
I don't like the shapes and the way they organize it either... but it feels accurate. especially the descriptions of the types.

Filatovas I believe are the best.
roam around wikisocion.org for a bit and see what you find reading her discriptions of type.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think it depends a lot on what you want out of a system. A more comprehensive and potentially more focussed system may end actually less useful because less people understand it. Remember MBTI was designed to help ordinary folks understand each other a little better - for that I think it is excellent.

Real personality enthusiasts may find another deeper system more interesting

As I have said before I think there is a real danger of over analysing this stuff and not actually using it in the real world

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it depends a lot on what you want out of a system. A more comprehensive and potentially more focussed system may end actually less useful because less people understand it. Remember MBTI was designed to help ordinary folks understand each other a little better - for that I think it is excellent.

Real personality enthusiasts may find another deeper system more interesting

As I have said before I think there is a real danger of over analysing this stuff and not actually using it in the real world
I agree with you but when my brain tingles for correctness I can't help but impose.
its just that with MBTI and how they feel relationships are with compatibility is a bit different than socionics, but socionics explains why/

in socionics there are types of relations called "club" relations.

humanitarians club out of four total clubs is the equivalent to the NF's in MBTI.

clubs are people drawn to each other by common interests but tend to not feel truly fulfilled by being in their presence.
the closest fulfillment we feel is with those people who share our functions, particularly in the same order.

I don't really like MBTI because it confuses the system a little bit.
Ni dom users ARE perceiving types.
organization typically confounds us.
Fi dom users ARE judging types.

people also tend to put off what they are not to help cope in the areas of society where we value the others place with us.

unfortunatly MBTI makes it a whole lot of confusing when it comes to trying to understand socionics because all the introverted types seem to have switched p-j

something that helped me was briefly going over the dichotomies for different types,
rational vs. irrational thinking
yeilding vs. obstinate types

anyway.
technically MBTI is half right.
and groups people in a great way by their common goals and interests, however socionics provides a more accurate system that best reflects my subjective life in it's all encompassing examples.
so I follow it.
to me it is truth vs MBTI
maybe not completely worked out as all theories are to be discussed and revised and thought through.

the descriptions in socionics are way more accurate and descriptive as well.

I will find one to post in the forum for everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts