Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
ENFJ.

What type of clothes do you wear?
Usually jeans and a nice top/blouse. And a cardigan on top of it if it's cold. :)

Do you wear them to express yourself, just for comfort, or because it's commonly accepted that people wear clothes?
I usually wear comfortable clothes, but I dress to express myself and to reflect an image that I think is mine: my clothes aren't over the top, they're simple but pretty and the colors match well! That's important!

Do you pick out clothes that others are wearing or just whatever is in Salvation Army?
I pick clothes that I like.

When they wear out and get torn and ripped, do you instantly toss them, awaiting a new shopping spree, or do you hold onto them, wearing them with pride that there's air holes?
Actually, here's a funny story:

I went to England this summer. And from sitting on my ass too often, my favorite jeans IN THE WORLD (that I used to wear all the time) got a hole on my right cheek... lol I kept on wearing it, because I didn't wanna let go. At some point I got a hole on the left cheek and both got way too huge and I had to stop wearing them. Even though it broke my heart. I'd been wearing it for three or four years, it was used to my body, felt super comfortable. :(

Are you really large or skinny?
I'm slim, but not too slim. 5'9 (actually, 5'8.5" lol) and around 135 pounds. :happy:

Are your eyes almond shapped or round?
Almond shaped. (FTW!)

Are you facially expressive or emotionless?
Definitely expressive! I smile a lot, and you can definitely tell what I'm thinking/feeling from my facial expressions.

Is your hair done up with care or just tied back in a poney tail to keep it out of your face?
Done up with care? LOL Curly/Wavy hair is impossible to "do up with care". I either keep it down and parted on the side, or up in a messy bun like this:

(This is not me. Obviously LOL)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
uhm...yeah. My hair is actually black, my eyebrows are thinner/slightly arched and higher set, my eyelashes are really long and dark and I have a narrow nose, but other than that........ :unsure:

But at least I know better than to make a face like THAT! LOL When you have bug eyes, you learn to not open your eyes too wide, lest you scare people...

·
Registered
431 Posts
INFP

what type of clothes do you wear?
never shorts, I like shoes... Filas, Jordans, Adidas... Jeans not to tight but not baggy either and usually you'll catch me in a long sleeve button up old school plaid or something. I like plaid cause it's sorta simple but still kinda flashy. Solid colors mostly though, but nothing too boring cause then I feel like I robot.

Do you wear them to express yourself, just for comfort, or because it's commonly accepted that people wear clothes?
I like to express myself... comfort is more for my lazy or at-home clothes

Do you pick out clothes that others are wearing or just whatever is in Salvation Army?
I never copy someone else's style. I try my best to not be a wanna-be of anyone. I'll go to the salvation army they'll have good stuff now and then, goodwill too, but I wouldn't wear anything out in public just cause it fits me

When they wear out and get torn and ripped, do you instantly toss them, awaiting a new shopping spree, or do you hold onto them, wearing them with pride that there's air holes
Usually I'll just save them somewhere and wear them at home or places where I need to use old ragged clothes.

Then describe your physical appearence. Are you really large or skinny?
5 ft. 10 inches... 150 lbs... short black hair... yellowish tan skin...

depends, both are sorta big... I got a furrowed brow so when it's down their more almond shaped, but when its up they look more rounded.

usually emotionless.. or smiling or laughing, but it's not long before I go back to the emotionless face

Is your hair done up with care or just tied back in a poney tail to keep it out of your face?
I got really short faded hair...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am about 5'11. I am very skinny, with a bit of muscle from weight lifting. In summer I usually wear black t-shirts and khaki shorts, I prefer very light khakis and very dark, golden wheat khakis. No middle ground.

Cold weather brings more fun fashion. I wear burgundy and dark blue turtlenecks under a black leather jacket, or a non leather one that is a bit dressier and double breasted, and a Soviet ushanka. Maybe an orthodox cross for kick. Blue jeans that have a bit of fake worn in/creases to it, occasionally khakis. Black leather boots as well with fingerless gloves. I'm usually wearing just a black t-shirt under it. Occasionally I have an argyle sweater on, I tried to stick to black, blues, red wines, and khakish golds in colors. I have green eyes with much bits of yellow, and light brown hair. My hair goes from a bit shaggishy little long, to quite short. I'm thinking about leaving it on the shorter side. I am always neatly shaven with no acne or anything odd. I often wear white dress shirts with the double breasted dressy jacket under it, it makes me look dressy, but casual.

I dress this way to show off my impeccable sense of style. Its a sombre and authoritative look, fitting only for a Varangian Byzantine like myself. Its a combination of somber, eastern european, and formal that defines my clothing style. I balance each 3 a bit differently day to day, cold weather is best, more layers more things to do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
INTJ

Long sleeved button-up shirts, white undershirt, khakis. Solid color polo shirts(no stripes). Khakis. Sometimes I will wear jeans and plaid shirts but this is rare. Sleeves tend to be rolled to high-forearm or elbow.

I wear khakis because I hate the feel of the majority of jeans. It feels alien to my skin and finding a soft pair is too difficult/not worth the time. Considering my age, I am not a conformist; though I would be if I were in my mid 30's. I dress for comfort, but my tastes tend to be a step higher on the "levels of dress" than my peers. But I'm still comfortable, feeling wise and psychologically.

Thankfully, I am not forced to go to the stores. I hate them. So I give my mother a set of guidelines and she retrieves. They tend to be of high quality.

When they wear out and get torn and ripped, do you instantly toss them, awaiting a new shopping spree, or do you hold onto them, wearing them with pride that there's air holes?
It depends on the holes and the look of the pants. If it's a thicker or "athletic" build, I will keep a slight hole that has not been eaten all the way through. If skin is visible, I throw it away.

Overall Appearance
5'7", pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. I weigh 150 lbs. I am proportioned with some tone. I exercise for endurance and strength, not for physique as I box as a hobby. I have three facial scars.

Are your eyes almond shaped or round?
Almond

I have a permanent furrow and smiling only comes when I think of something sarcastic to say. So yes, emotionless.

Is your hair done up with care or just tied back in a pony tail to keep it out of your face?
This varies. Sometimes I will brush my hair to have a right side part. Other times I will just brush(by hand) my fronts upwards to keep hair off my forehead. I don't look very attractive with bangs down.

·
Registered
828 Posts
ENFP. Or ENTP. Or maybe both, or neither. Maybe I transcend type and I'm some sort of weird alien/time traveler/ESPer thing...

Or maybe I'm God and I'm all types at once. :crazy:

Wait, God is INTJ, so I'm definitely not God...

Jeans and a T-shirt, jeans and a button-down shirt, or cargos and a T-shirt. Around the house, I usually wear shorts and a ratty old T-shirt.

Other: Self-image. I myself like how I look in my clothes, I don't necessarily care how other people see me. That, and comfort.

Whatever looks good at Wal-Mart.

I just get new clothes.

I'm a very far cry from a human beach ball, but I could stand to lose some weight.

Round-ish.

Expressive.

Not Applicable. I do apply hair gel in the morning so it looks good. :cool:

·
Registered
565 Posts
i was discussing this today with a friend, because he stated that i look somewhat like a junkie. his reasons:

"you have pale, pasty skin
you're gaunt
wildish hair
very skinny
very vainy
makes constant random hand gestures
shouts at odd times
wear jackets too big for you
and have weird eyes, but the eyes in a good way"

at the time it sounded ridiculous, but i guess i actually do :unsure:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I like my 'guy' t-shirts, preferably baggy, baggy pants, be they jeans or other pants, and I like my trainers, sneakers, skater shoes, etc. In a word, tomboy style! :happy:

I don't like wearing what nearly every other girl is wearing, i.e. girls' shirts, cute shoes, skinny jeans, leggings, short skirts. I like comfort and being different. I don't like doing the whole 'dressing like a girl' thing, I find it stereotypical and insulting. The closest I'm going to get to fashion is jeans. (Just my honest opinion, excuse me if I've insulted anyone.)

I wear what I'm comfortable with, I don't like dressing like everyone else.

I don't mind holes in my clothes, although my mom loves pointing it out:
Mom: Look at your jeans!
Me *looks at the frayed edges of jeans*: So?
I still wear my clothes even if they have holes in them, especially if its a favourite piece of clothing.

Then describe your physical appearance. Are you really large or skinny?
I consider myself skinny.
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 40-45Kg. (Don't know what that is in pounds)

Uh...no idea...almond I guess...?:unsure:

Expressive.

Is your hair done up with care or just tied back in a pony tail to keep it out of your face?
Most of the time I tie it up to keep it out of my face, but once in a blue moon I do wear it loose.

P.S. I forgot: I'm an ENFP!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Blue Jeans (either straight, skinny, bootleg, or flares), T shirts/v-neck shirts (dark colors), wife beaters, adidas hi top shoes, pull-over hoodies (I hate the zip up ones), black ankle socks, thermals... I don't really like girly stuff. I usually keep it simple. No jewelry. The most colorful thing you'll see me wearing are my shoes.

I wear whatever I feel like... so for comfort.

I almost always shop online. Mainly because most places don't carry a 36-37" inseam for jeans, but there also isn't many clothing stores I like where I live.

If they're still in good condition, but I don't like them anymore I just give them to my cousin. If they're destroyed, I toss them. If they're just jeans with holes in the knees, I'll still wear them.

Are you really large or skinny?
Skinny. Tall. 125lbs. 5'10"

I've been told that I have big eyes... but they seem more almond shaped to me.

Usually emotionless.

For work or just being at home, I put it up in a ponytail or french braid it. If I'm going somewhere else, I usually straighten it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Skate/surf/snow tees, jeans, and when possible eco-friendly clothing made out of fabrics such as hemp and bamboo.

I assess what I want to wear based on functionality and creativity primarily.

I think it's fair to say half of my clothes come from skate/surf/snow shops and the other half off the internet.

I wear jeans until they shred considerably; other clothes I may wear for a while after I've noticed, but they get tossed out or given to kids who need clothing, my siblings, etc.

5'10/178cm
120lbs/54kg

I'm a rail.

Almond shaped.

In between.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Type: INtP

Overall style: Band tees, messy hair, dark; cold weather brings more choices. I usually stick to dichromatic outfits, however.

Expression, comfort, or because of the norm?: Expression and comfort. Can't really stand brand-name clothing, but if it looks nice and is subtle, I won't not buy them.

Do you pick out clothes that others are wearing or just whatever is in Salvation Army?: Neither. I don't see any of my friends walking around with Madonna t-shirts and Jackson Pollack hoodies. You don't tend to find shit like that at Salvation Army stores, either.

When they wear out and get torn and ripped, do you instantly toss them, awaiting a new shopping spree, or do you hold onto them, wearing them with pride that there's air holes?: I keep wearing them as long as they are decent. The jeans that get torn are the ones I like the most, so no need to stop wearing them. Besides, it's hard to find nice 27" or 28" waist jeans.

Then describe your physical appearance. Are you really large or skinny?: 5' 9.5", mixed (black/white), curly hair, 130-145 lbs (depends on how much I've been speeding, ha), low body fat, small waist, long eyelashes, brown eyes, etc. I've been told I look like Prince (!)

Are your eyes almond shaped or round?: Almond

Are you facially expressive or emotionless?: Expressionless.

Is your hair done up with care or just tied back in a pony tail to keep it out of your face?: I do NOTHING to my hair. I'm lucky if I remember to wash it every once in a while. Not too much you can do with my hair texture anyway.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
ENTP

Overall style: Hmmmmm. Dark, skinny jeans every day. And then I usually wear long loose tops or long sweaters. Usually dark colours unless I put more thought into it. Boots or sandals depending on weather. Rarely bother with jewelry (same thing as with colours).

Expression, comfort, or because of the norm?: Comfort yes. Comfort will win in most situations but I'd never look awful in the name of comfort ... my comfortable clothes are still pretty presentable. Expression I think yes as well, but I just express "I'm a pretty practical person but I have a good eye too."

Do you pick out clothes that others are wearing or just whatever is in Salvation Army?: Neither really, I suppose I pick clothes that I've seen on a stranger and became suddenly inspired by. Or I mean if everyone's buying something that I think is an excellent new trend, I'll get in on it. For example jeggings are the best invention EVER. I also own uggs because I cannot resist how comfy and straightforward. I just pick and choose my trends.

When they wear out and get torn and ripped, do you instantly toss them, awaiting a new shopping spree, or do you hold onto them, wearing them with pride that there's air holes?: Depends on the item I think. But as I said I do look presentable enough.

Then describe your physical appearance. Are you really large or skinny?: Well I'm 5'10 and fluctuate within an approximately 20-lb range from quite underweight to just average-slim. My "natural" body I guess is probably like the size of Adriana Lima, but I prefer to be skinnier than that.

Are your eyes almond shaped or round?: Relatively, I'd say round.

Are you facially expressive or emotionless?: Good question. Usually my face is emotionless and I guess I look bored/stoic/psychopathic. But in the context of an interesting discussion, or if there's something interesting going on to react to, I'm pretty expressive facially, especially with my eyes/eyebrows.

Is your hair done up with care or just tied back in a pony tail to keep it out of your face?: Oh god. Well I would LOVE to have gorgeous long hair that I could wear down all the time! But my hair has been so many colours that it's kind of fried and awful and I usually just tie it up because it looks shitty, but I fairly often also will put in the effort to run an iron through it so I can just wear it natural. A ponytal is slightly constricting and I don't like that.

Case in point ....

I guess this webcam example is pretty typical, I'm just wearing jeans and like a greenish loose tank top and a blazer. (Hint: the blazer is the adventurous part!)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I wear jeans and cargos, but not that many shorts.
Mm..I think I wear clothes because they're comfortable.
neither. Before purchasing anything, I visit literally every store within a 20-30 mile radius of my town looking for things that I like, or that are comfortable. Comfort > like, like > repulsive.
Heheh..The only holes that ever come up in my clothes are along the left crease of my pants on the butt-pocket indent, or in socks. I buy new socks, but keep the pants.
I'm skinny, but building muscle and endurance, so I don't look half bad. That's all.
Almond shaped

mm..I have a tendency to look blankly people in the eye without utilizing active listening if I check out when it's in the middle of a conversation. Facially, I"m usually smiling for no apparent reason. I widen up when INFP moments happen though.
I brush it, wash it, I have low curly hair. Not much I can do with it, so I leave it be with the exception of caps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
infp
I like vintage and old-fashioned clothes, but I usually just wear skinny jeans with an embroidered blouse or something.
I pick out clothes that express who I am.
I pick out what I like personally. I don't want to follow trends.
Toss them.
I am very thin. Brown hair, many people tell me I am pretty.
Almond shaped.
It depends....
Is your hair done up with care or just tied back in a pony tail to keep it out of your face
I don't often put it up.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ISFJ

Stuff...I'd buy lots of gothic, fairy, steampunk clothes if I had lots of money. I mostly stick to vest tops, jumpers or zip up hoodies and jeans. I rarely buy shoes and they're almost always about comfort.

A bit of both. When I dress up I dress up, otherwise it'll be whatever's close and comfortable for conveniency/lazniness sake.

Whatever I like.

I wear them untill my mum protests, they break, or get too small. Shoes particularly become my sole partners - I wear them until they're unwearable...and then continue wearing them just because I like how they feel and like the convenience of them, and dislike shoeshopping.

5'4.5", average, about 130 lbs.

Uhm...

...Either?

I brush it sometimes. It's usually about chin legnth, and very thin, so I don't have much to take care of.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
INFJ

T-shirts, jumpers, hoodies, long tops, jeans, trainers etc.

Because I like the look of them and for comfort (I choose very certain colours - mostly pastel or greys)

Just whatever catches my eye.

I throw them away unless I don't have any replacements (like for socks and stuff)

5'11'' - ish
No clue of my weight. I'm thin.

Sort of in the middle. Maybe more almond than round, but not really either. Quite narrow.

Expressive. In the way that I smile nearly all the time.:laughing:

Usually loose and straightened, but if it's done up, it's always falling out. And always in my face :sad:

·
Registered
298 Posts
INFP

Mostly black, maybe with a strong contrast color, comfortable, semi gothic, boyish.
Short skirts, longs, thick stockings and lace-up boots.
Tops/jackets with huge/ pixie hoods are awesome <3
I often wear a corset at parties (real ones, for tight lacing).

I like to express myself through clothing. But I can also dress really anonymous, especially if I'm not in a good mood.
At home I dress as comfortable as possible while still looking somehow presentable.

I buy clothes where I find them.
Basic clothes like everyday tops and underwear I usually buy at the local mall.
The rest I buy on the internet, where I can find clothes that I really like.
Alternative clothing is very expensive in my country, so to get something different I always buy stuff from abroad.
I like to shop from the Salvation Army, but there's little to find in the local shops nowadays...
I usually don't wear what other people wear, unless I really like it, than I'll maybe buy it too.

That depens. Usually I throw them away, unless it's some favorite piece of clothing that I'm attached to.

White
5'7
Slim

Somewhere inbetween

I think I'm quite expressive.

It varies. Sometimes it's loose, sometimes I plait it, sometimes i just wear it in a tail.

·
Registered
644 Posts
INFJ

bootleg jeans and patterned scarves, with plain figure hugging/well tailored tops. A line skirts, and flouncy dresses. Slip on shoes, trainers, lace up Victorian style boots. Things involving ribbon, lace and sparkles. Fingerless gloves...sometimes hats. I collect interesting scarves and bags, my current one is made out of different fabrics and has an enormous purple bow.

Sometimes I dress sort of secretarial, in black and white tunic style dresses, with black heals.

I own one dress made out of scrap fabrics and covered in zips and buttions.

I, uh...like clothes.

Because I like how they look, and how I feel in them. I love dressing up.

I pick clothes I like, wheather they are fashionable or not. I sometimes pick things up in charity shops, it doesn't matter where they are from if I like them.

It depends if they are the sort of thing which looks ok with holes in it, like some jeans or scrappy style tops.

Average hight,

Skinny, long legs, little body.

Very slender waist, which can make my hips look big in the wrong clothing.

Big round brown eyes, long dark eyelashes, like a cows. I think they are quite bovine.

I'm very expressive, especially with my eyes, and I have a very cheeky smile.

Short, dark-brown hair. Just off sholder lenght, flicked out a little at the end. Side frindge and a slight feathered affect around my face to frame it. I sometimes put clips in it, but it's usually too short to tie back.

It sounds quite elaborate written out like that, but it is very easy to maintain. Comb, brush, and if I can be bothered, blow dry. My brother spends longer on his hair.

·
Registered
472 Posts
INTP speaking~

I sometimes go all-out in my Victorian getup, but in general I wear dress shirts and vests (sometimes with a tie or cravat), black jeans in different styles (my favourite currently being skinny jeans), various nice hats, and have an attraction to long coats and dark colours.
I would wear Victorian clothes all the time, but my lack of suitable attire and funds is preventing me from doing so at the moment.

I suppose mainly to express myself, but I would never sacrifice comfort for my appearance.

I do all my shopping exclusively at thrift stores these days, excluding the odd bits I get from Victorian Emporium, and disregard almost all trends in favour of personal style.

It depends on the clothes; I haven't torn a shirt in YEARS, so they don't count. I'll still wear my pants if they have holes in the knees.

I'm 5'4 1/2" with horrible posture, and scrawny except for an emerging pot belly. xD It's barely visible, though.

Almond-shaped.

Unless I'm around friends, my face is generally emotionless except for my right eyebrow, which raises itself or frowns a lot.

I just let it fall the way it will, as it's too short to do anything with. I plan on giving it the Victorian pomade treatment sometime, for the lulz.

·
Registered
252 Posts
INTP

Skinny jeans, plaid shirts, Chuck Taylors, those knock off Ugg boots that don't look hideous, and my special ear cuff and ring.

Half comfort, half expressive.

I go to the mall and purchase clothes, I don't really care which store they're from.

Depends on how bad the wear n' tear is, if it's not to bad I can usually get a few months more out of it before I toss the piece of clothing.

5'2-3
I'm skinny, but I have shape.

Almond

Emotionless

Depends on how much effort I feel like putting into my hair, due to work and school I usually just throw it up into
a decent looking bun and be on my way.

41 - 60 of 478 Posts