Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It varies but, my love language is acts of service. Make of that what you will.
You might be Service-oriented primary, and Explorer-oriented or Discovery-oriented secondary

That sounds nice! thank you!
but also quite ENFPish.... mmh... :violin:

yes, plus names are impossible to remember... i think again the concept of ennagram is intersting but the way is implemented is too confusing, plus the same test is too short for the 9 variants with wings. Classification strategies always have the same granularity problems, if too few classes individuals are poolled together and precision is insufficiency, so classes are meaningless, if too many classes, the same individual is artificially and randomly assigned to one or another, so reproducibility is short and the reputation of the whole schema is hurt. I don't know, but 9 motivations for existing as human being seem really too much to me. Some make sense, but other are soo similar (at least for me...)... But 3 also seem really too few...
Perhalps wouldn't be more easy to ask open questions to a wide audience, and then find out how many classes are out there? did you did that to arrive with 3 classes? do you know if the ennagram people did that? just dropping ideas... :eek:h:
I think Enneagram might be molded to the Catholic view of the nine sins, like Envy and Sloth.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think Enneagram might be molded to the Catholic view of the nine sins, like Envy and Sloth.
9? I don't have too much idea about the catholic religion but were 7 isn't ? (from the movie :) )
hhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/

·
Banned
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
9? I don't have too much idea about the catholic religion but were 7 isn't ? (from the movie :) )
hhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/
Like the "Seven Deadlly Sins", but including Fear and Deceit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality

-----------

If your first and secondar orientations are about Explorer and Project, then you are seeking Loves (satisfaction)

If your first and secondar orientations are about Project and Service, then you are seeking Joys (gratitude)

If your first and secondar orientations are about Explorer and Service, then you are seeking Wonders (appreciation)

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
People with Project-oriented tertiary will seek inspiring thoughts (thoughts that give them strength), and wonders (appreciation)

People with the Service-oriented tertiary will seek loving thoughts (thoughts that give comfort), and loves (satisfaction)

People with the Discovery-oriented tertiary will seek joyful thoughts (or thoughts that expand their energy), or joys (gratitude)

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
According to somatotypes, I feel like Discovery- or joy-oriented people are ectomorphs, Service- or love-oriented people are endomorphs, and Project- or inspiration-oriented people are mesomorphs

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have created a picture or diagram to summarize the three variations in career-orientation:

Amy Latina - Project-oriented; inspiration-based; "mesomorph" or "rugged"

Teresa Teng - Service-oriented, love-based, "endomorph" or "round"

Rika Izumi - Discovery-oriented, joy-based, "ectomorph" or "thin"

career-orientation differences.jpg

·
Registered
331 Posts
I likr this a lot. It made perfect sense from the first moment I saw it. I tried it on myself and some friends and I think it checks out well. Seems legit.

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is a summary of the career-orientations:

Primary orientation: this is the quality you bring to a group of people just by being who you are
•Project-oriented: desires to inspire others and achieve something together
•Service-oriented: desires to feel needed and loved
•Discovery-oriented: desires for personal freedom and joy

Secondary orientation: this is the quality you want others to experience or have
•Project-oriented secondary: desires others to feel appreciated
•Service-oriented secondary: desires others to feel loved and satisfied
•Discovery-oriented secondary: desires others to feel gratitude and joyful

Tertiary orientation: this is the quality you seek to experience or feel
•Project-oriented tertiary: seeks out feelings of appreciation and inspiration
•Service-oriented tertiary: seeks out feelings of comfort and satisfaction
•Discovery-oriented tertiary: seeks out feelings of joy and uniqueness

career-orientations-summary.jpg

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
In terms of Wizard of Oz book, it appears that:

Project-oriented tertiary correlates to "lacking courage" (cowardly lion actually has project-oriented primary, though doesn't know it)
Service-oriented tertiary correlates to "lacking heart" (tin man actually has service-oriented primary, though doesn't know it)
Discovery-oriented tertiary correlates to "lacking a brain" (scarecrow has discovery-oriented primary, though doesn't know it)

Finally, not knowing your potential, who you are, and what you have correlates to "without a home" (Dorothy has the ability to go home the entire time, just doesn't realize it)

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The Impact of Love Language on Career-orientation Temperaments, as in the case of Neutral Communists

The Neutral Social Communists are well-known for having the service love language, while the Neutral Capital Communists are well-known for having the gifting love language. However, for both political personality types, they are usually missing the service-orientation in their primary or secondary (thus having tertiary service-orientation). Under normal circumstances, Neutral Social Communists are Project-oriented primary and Discovery-oriented secondary, though in the case of someone with the Service love language, it appears to make them have the Service-oriented be primary. On the other hand, Neutral Capital Communists are Discovery-oriented primary and Project-oriented secondary, though in the case of someone with the Gifting love language, it appears to make them have the Service-oriented be primary as well. While people with the Service-oriented primary tend to care the most about others, having a particular love language (in this case, service love language for Neutral Social Communists, and gifting love language for Neutral Capital Communists), appears to turn their otherwise service-oriented tertiary into service-oriented primary.

Background information on the Political personality types: https://www.personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/1132474-mbti-add-personality-systems-enhance-character-description-profiling-5.html

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
To address the previous post, it appears that even though Neutral Communists might have the Service love language or Gifting love language, and while their demeanor appear like Service-oriented primary, it might actually deserve to be called pseudo-Service-oriented. Due to their love language, they still desire to feel needed, as in the case of Service-oriented primary people, though their primary motivation has to do with expressing love through the Service or Gifting methods.

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have created a diagram showcasing the Project-oriented, Service-oriented, and Discovery-oriented people in the Capital Communist political personality type. In terms of Wizard of Oz, the Project-oriented people can be thought to "have heart", the Service-oriented people "have heart", while the Discovery-oriented people "have brain". While this doesn't mean the other areas are lacking in an individual, just that it details the particular preferences or focus for the different orientations, with respect to personality typing.

These are the individuals on Wikipedia, in case anyone's interested:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Zhonghua
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Vasilevsky
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilya_Repin

career-orientation differences-capital-communist.jpg

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This is an update for the ENTP, Social Communist, visual temperament, hands-on learner, affirmation love language, Energy-based being people. Here are more information about the people presented:
Lina Morgana
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaka_Komatsu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Benatar

I feel like these three temperaments: inspiration-based; contentment-based; joy-based extend to the realm of physical objects, sounds (like music or language), and colors as well. In fact, if you go from inspiration to joy, the energy feels like that of expansion, while the energy is like contraction when going from joy to inspiration. For example, Inspiration-based primary and Love-based secondary (also Love-based primary and Joy-based secondary) will have an "expanded" feel to it. On the other-hand, Joy-based primary and Love-based secondary (also Love-based primary and Inspiration-based secondary). For the Neutral Social and Neutral Capital Communists, their orientations appear to be Inspiration-based primary and Joy-based secondary, and Joy-based primary and Inspiration-based secondary; their energy feels rather neutral, possibly chaotic, neither expansion or contraction, though more research is needed to verify this.

career-orientation differences-soc-comm-handson.jpg

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Example diagram of the Service diagram as present in female, ENTP, Social Communist, auditory learners, Energy-based beings, Wisdom-oriented Growth Temperament. I have used Rika Izumi in earlier example diagram, though realized she is actually of the Truth-oriented Growth Temperament, instead of Wisdom, so therefore I have changed it to that of Myehzhzh, a DouyuTV streamer.

career-orientation-entp-socom-small.jpg
If you are not logged in, please view image using this link: Visionneuse images - Noelshack - http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/23/3/1559754072-career-orientation-entp-socom.jpg

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Banned
3,747 Posts

·
Banned
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 49 Posts