Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A STORY OF 5 N'S AT A HOTPOT RESTAURANT: I visited my sisters and their boyfriends over the weekend...
I thought it was so fun and typical of each type!

ENTJ-- "Wait wait, before you all start talking, lets figure out what to order."
INFP-- I really like the corn, if you all are okay with it.
ENFP-- Is this like making soup? Can I individualize it? IS this like making soup or what? What kind of aorta is this?
INTP-- There's condiments over there so you can individualize. I don't like the kim-chi, too rotten tasting. Maybe I would like kim-chi if it didn't have the rotten taste...
ENFP-- I think this kim-chi has.... octopus
ENTJ-- definitely some kind of meat. I think its tripe. Clean for sure, but tripe.
ENFP-- You're right. Tripe. So I told you all about Myers-Briggs, and I read all your descriptions out, but I'm not sure what Rob is, I'm making him take the test.
XXXX-- accepts cell phone with MBTI test
ENTJ-- you should make a Myers-Briggs type indicator for your pet test. You would make millions! So much more than all of us can make combined. Lets see if there already is one. There already is one!
ENFP-- I already know what your cats are.
INTP-- You just barely met our cats.
ENFP-- yeah, but I'm an ENFP and I can figure it out quick! (types the cats) ESTP and INFP
INTP-- I'm taking this test for my cat.
ENTJ-- Quote " Does your cat like to make decisions or like to gather information?" This is ridiculous.
ENFP-- Yeah...kind of ridiculous....I bet we could make a better test that actually has to do with pet behavior.
INTP-- It says the cats are ESTP and INFP...Hey, you were right....
The boys (ENTJ and XXXX) start talking about fantasy football.
INFP and INTP and ENFP girls ( 3 sisters) start to talk about their boob size and which one of us in the smallest. Ending with the INFP saying something about her breasts and the ENFP and INTP getting quiet.
INFP-- hey! did I say something wrong!?
ENFP--Sorry, my brain was done with that subject and I started to think of something else.
INFP-- (pointing at herself...) NO! Think of my breasts! THINK! You MUST think! THINK!!!! OF! MY ! BREASTSSSSS!!!!
ENFP and INFP--- uncontrollably laughing.... cannot stop laughing for maybe 2 minutes or something. INTP sister not getting the joke and feeling slightly left out/disconcerted/puzzled.... Other 2 get control. INTP sister is greatly beloved.
ENFP-- I don't know what type Rob is. I'm thinking ISFJ....he's musical or ISFP. Does he like decisions already made or gather information?
INFP-- definitely makes decisions and sticks to it.
INFJ--- "It says I'm an INFJ"
ENFP--*audible loud gasp* feels immediately embarrassed for said gasp.
INTP-- Alesha says she's never met an INFJ man in real life.
INFJ--- Is that good?
INFP -- you cant have asked for a better reaction.
INTP-- Alesha said Jesus was an INFJ, supposedly.
ENTJ-- We all ready to go?

Later in the car.... ENFP: "I'm skeptical about Rob being a INFJ..."

I had so much fun at that HotPot. I hope you guys have some good examples!

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 Scorpio
2,223 Posts
Hahaha, I wrote over the last day what I intended to be a short piece, and it's--nine pages long, too long for here prolly. And it's not really what you're asking for either, more like When an INFJ gets thrust into an ENFP's Home Environment. Anyway, I didn't ignore your invitation! :crazy:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hahaha, I wrote over the last day what I intended to be a short piece, and it's--nine pages long, too long for here prolly. And it's not really what you're asking for either, more like When an INFJ gets thrust into an ENFP's Home Environment. Anyway, I didn't ignore your invitation! :crazy:
This sounds intriguing. Please post. :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
How is this cat an ESTP? I have never heard of a cat being Extroverted?
Ohhhh believe it... they exist. We've got a little brat who moves to whichever room has the people in it. She hates being alone.

EDIT: "Speaking of, where is she...? Oh, of course. She's lying next to my husband in the other room."

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty please! Oh, to have gotten the creative juices flowing enough for 9 pages! Horray! Send it over!

Reactions: odinthor

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 Scorpio
2,223 Posts
Pretty please! Oh, to have gotten the creative juices flowing enough for 9 pages! Horray! Send it over!
Eh, I'm not satisfied with it yet, so still tinkering. Not sure if people will "get" it: It's pretty low-key, and has a soft ending.

But I can at least give you the list of characters:

Conrad
Roberto
Lula (Conrad’s GF)
Sam (boss painter)
Brigitte (Conrad’s ex)
Mrs. Tidd
Bassos and other singers
Painters
Wheezy Junior
Palooka (dog)
Voice on Phone

All those people (and a dog) for just nine pages! Singing, too. Huh!

90% based on actual experience, condensed. Other 10% to make it realistic.

Anyway, not being coy, just waiting for it to "feel right" . . . I serve no drama before its time.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
@odinthor

I'm rooting for Voice on Phone to be the hero in the end. Everyone loves an underdog- you start out thinking Conrad is the obvious hero, then there are fan theories about how Palooka will end up on the iron throne by the end.. but in the end Voice on Phone discovers his secret ancestry.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 Scorpio
2,223 Posts
First Bit: HOW TO IRRITATE AN INFJ

OK, after all this build-up, what you're in store for is pretty modest. To get the point, probably you've got to put yourself into the mind-set of an INFJ :shocked: --yes, I know that's a frightening thought, I'm sorry. What's more, I know this will play better than it reads because it's situational, not verbal wit.

It's about 90% REAL STUFF condensed from experiences I've had. I'll let you sophisticated readers type the characters (if there's enough there to type). Don't go along expecting a big ending because there isn't one. It's a soft ending. Not even a cowboy kissing his horse.

It's about 9 pages typed out, so for some sort of convenience I'll cut it into three portions; the divisions don't mean anything.

---------------

HOW TO IRRITATE AN INFJ

Dramatis Personæ

Conrad
Roberto
Lula (Conrad’s GF)
Sam (painter)
Brigitte (Conrad’s ex)
Mrs. Tidd
Bassos and other singers
Painters
Wheezy Junior
Palooka (dog)
Voice on Phone

Roberto [at home, thinking, settling into a chair]: Finally some time to read Hazlitt! [picks up book] “It has often struck me, in common with…” [Land-line phone rings; sighs and picks it up]. Yes, Conrad?

Conrad [on phone]: How did you know it was me?

Roberto [ignoring the question]: So what’s up?

Conrad: Lula and me were going to the beach, and…

Roberto: I’ll have to wear a hat.

Conrad: Well, no—Her cousin Doobie came out and wanted to do water-sports.

Roberto: Water-sports?

Conrad: You know, water-skiing and all that. I wondered if you’d come over to the house and watch Palooka. Should be quiet. You can spend the day reading or whatever.

Roberto: Oh.

Conrad: He’s been vomiting all over everything.

Roberto: Sounds like fun.

Conrad: …

Roberto: So, when?

Conrad: Um, basically, now. Doobie’s here with the pickup, so we gotta run. You know where the key is.

Roberto: Who needs a key? Your lock’s been broken for six months.

Conrad: Oh yeah, heh. OK, outta here! Back at 5.

[Roberto hangs up, goes over to Conrad’s, where dog Palooka joyfully welcomes him]

Roberto: OK, champ, what’s all this about your tummy? Look, I brought you some nice doggie food, and a toy. C’mon, lie on my lap, and let’s do some reading. [Reads a paragraph, knock at door; answers it] Yes?

Sam: So is it Imperial Pink with Eggshell trim, or Eggshell with Imperial Pink trim?

Roberto: Um, what?

Sam: Are you Conrad?

Roberto: No, just watching his place. He’s doing water sports with his girlfriend.

Sam: I beg your pardon?

Roberto: He’s out water skiing.

Sam: Well, sir, I’ve got the crew here to start painting, and he had to make the decision about which colors where. We’ve got the day blocked out for him.

Roberto: Um…

Sam: Can’t you call him?

Roberto: It’s hard to answer a phone when you’re water-skiing.

Sam: You could try. Leave a message.

Roberto: Yes, but…

Sam: Or you make the decision.

Roberto: Um…

Sam: Not that hard. One or the other.

Roberto: Then you could . . .

Sam [very seriously]: Oh, no, sir. A client has to make his own decisions.

Roberto: But . . .

Sam: So, which?

Roberto: Wait a minute. I got an idea. [uses Conrad’s phone to call Conrad’s ex-girlfriend, an interior decorator]

Brigitte [on phone]: F--- you!

Roberto: No, this is Roberto, using Conrad’s phone.

Brigitte: Oh! Bobo! Sorry! How ya doin’? Why do you put up with that prick?

Roberto: Um, yeah, heh. Listen, I need your advice. I’m at Con’s place, painters are here, and he’s out doing water-sp…um, waterskiing.

Brigitte: Naturally.

Roberto: And he didn’t tell the painters what colors.

Brigitte: Naturally.

Roberto: And they need to know now.

Brigitte: Naturally. Are you still goin’ with that crazy chick?

Roberto: Mary, you mean? No, she married Lucas.

Brigitte: Right out from under you?

Roberto: Well, um…

Sam: The colors

Brigitte: So Con’s not there? How’s Palooka?

Roberto: Con says he’s throwing up.

Brigitte: That’s because that twit keeps feeding him the same garbage he eats.

Roberto [answering earlier question]: No, Con’s gone for the rest of the day. He said he’d be back by 5, so I’m expecting him a little after midnight.

Brigitte: For sure? OK, I’ll be right over.

Roberto [hangs up; to Sam] His designer friend will be right over about the colors.

Sam: OK, but we haven’t got all day.

Roberto: I thought you said you had the day blocked out for him.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 Scorpio
2,223 Posts
Second Bit: HOW TO IRRITATE AN INFJ

Sam [ignoring Roberto’s comment]: You got a fridge? [Roberto points] C’mon, guys! [crew comes in with provisions, goes into kitchen. Mrs. Tidd is found to be at the door]

Roberto: Um, yes?

Mrs. Tidd: We’re here for the meeting.

Roberto: We?

Mrs. Tidd [darkly]: Others will be coming.

Roberto: What meeting?

Mrs. Tidd: Garden Society Choral Committee. Oh, here come our bassos! They’ll explain.

Bassos [in chorus]: Conrad lets us use his living-room for rehearsals on Tuesday nights. It has good acoustics.

Roberto: But it’s Friday afternoon.

Bassos [in chorus]: Tuesday night Mrs. Tidd was sick.

Mrs. Tidd [extending her fingers]: Rheumatism, don’t ya know?

Roberto: Well, um, sure, come right in… [as time passes in the following, other choristers show up and come in]

[Phone rings]

Roberto: Hello?

Wheezy Junior [on phone]: It ready?

Roberto: What?

Wheezy Junior: It ready? … You Conrad?

Roberto: No, he’s doing water-sports. I’m watching his place.

Wheezy Junior: Is there a package for us?

Roberto: I dunno. Who’s “us”?

Wheezy Junior: Maybe it’s OK if I come over and have a look around?

Roberto: Um, um, sure.

Wheezy Junior: You a close friend?

Roberto: Uhhh, you could say that maybe.

Wheezy Junior: Real close?

Roberto [very hesitantly]: Well . . . um . . .

Wheezy Junior: Like money close?

Roberto: I’m not sure what you mean.

Wheezy Junior: OK, chum, we’ll discuss it later… [hangs up]

[Sounds of chorus rehearsing in living room; sounds of paint crew loading fridge and joking in the kitchen. Roberto sits down, Palooka on his lap, and reads for a moment. Brigitte comes in front door]

Brigitte [looking around]: As big a dump as ever. The faint smell of vomit really perfects it. [to Palooka] How’s everybody’s favorite dog, baby? Long time no see my li’l sweetie! [hugs an appreciative Palooka; then, to Roberto] You know, after that worthless loser friend of yours…

Roberto [uncomfortably]: Heh.

Brigitte: …I took up with Reno. You know, the wrestler. You met him at Con-Dumb’s Arbor Day party.

Roberto [uncomfortably]: Mm-hm?

Brigitte: Such a pussycat. [Palooka jumps up.] No, it’s OK, boy. [Palooka settles down.] So gentle. [sighs] I hate that.

Roberto [uncomfortably]: Mm-hm?

Brigitte: So, what was it with Mary?

Roberto: Oh, she said I was too much for her.

Brigitte: Yeah, that’s what I heard.

Roberto: I don’t know what she meant.

Brigitte: Oh, I have some guesses, Bobo. [gets closer to him, gazes into his eyes]

Roberto [uncomfortably]: Heh.

Sam [from kitchen]: Hey, is that the designer? C’mon in, Miss. How ‘bout a beer?

Brigitte [amused]: Miss?

Roberto: Better than Sweetie.

[Brigitte joins painters in the kitchen; rehearsal noise from chorus continues; Palooka on his lap, Roberto picks up book and begins to read; after a moment, knock at door] Of course. [answers door; finds Wheezy Junior]

Wheezy Junior: You whoever you are?

Roberto: Um.

Wheezy Junior: Coony’s friend?

Roberto: Guess so.

Wheezy Junior: You know, the package.

Roberto [remembering phone conversation]: Oh, yeah.

Wheezy Junior: So you found it?

Roberto: What? The package? I don’t know anything about a package.

Wheezy Junior: You just said…

Roberto [impatiently]: I misunderstood. I’m taking care of a vomiting dog. And eggshells. And rheumatism. What can I do for you?

Wheezy Junior: Coony’s got some stuff for me and my friends. How well you know him?

Roberto [sighs]: Usually he puts things for people to pick up next to the piano. That way.

Wheezy Junior: What’s going on in there? [alarmed] Cops?

Roberto: Singing practice.

Wheezy Junior: Man, you know [reflectively:], I used to sing in the church choir until I got married and took to drinking. It does things to a man.

Roberto: Drinking or marriage?

Wheezy Junior: Yeah. [listens for a moment] I know that song. That’s no way to do it. [goes in, starts instructing]

[Roberto settles down to read, with Palooka on his lap; Brigitte and the painters go about the house, discussing colors and painting; the chorus and Wheezy Junior pursue musical matters in the living room; phone rings]

Roberto: Hello?

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 Scorpio
2,223 Posts
Third and Final Bit: HOW TO IRRITATE AN INFJ

Voice on phone: No-Sweat Credit Service here. Conrad, my pal, you haven’t forgotten about us, have you? We’re getting worried about our friend.

Roberto: This isn’t Conrad. He’s out until . . . next week . . .

Voice on phone: Well, sir, have you ever considered a small loan to get the things you want? We . . .

Roberto: Uh, no thank you, I don’t want anything, bye. [hangs up; an hour passes. Noise at door. Conrad and Lula come in.]

Conrad [festively]: Bobo! Here we are!

Roberto [mystified]: It’s only 4.

Conrad: Oh, yeah—we called off the water-sports.

Lula: Stop saying that.

Conrad: Turns out that Doobie forgot to throw his water-skis in the truck, so we went over to Booger’s house instead and had a barbecue.

[Brigitte comes in, stands at kitchen door listening]

Roberto: Booger’s? You were just a block away?

Lula: I told you you should have called him.

Conrad: It would be stupid to call. We were just a block away.

Brigitte: You dick.

Conrad: What are you doing here?

Brigitte: Bobo’s trying to save your pathetic cajones. As usual. Think, Coony-tunes, Painters . . . choosing colors . . .

Conrad: Oh, yeah . . .

Brigitte [to Lula]: Honey, let’s talk.

Conrad: No, please don’t. [Noise from rehearsal in living room; delighted:] Hey, Bobo—you threw a party!

Roberto: It’s singing gardeners.

Conrad [casually]: Oh yeah, heh, they changed times. I forgot. Thanks for taking—hey, is that Wheezy? [shouts into next room] Hey, Wheezer: The red box under the piano bench. No, the other one.

Roberto [sourly, feeling poorly used]: I gotta go. [pats Palooka, goes out front door]

Lula [to Conrad]: I told you you’d be pissing him off.

Brigitte: You’ll be seeing a lot of that. [picks up Palooka, cradles him]

Conrad [disgusted with Roberto]: That guy’s just like a wo— [catches himself]

Brigitte, Lula, Mrs. Tidd and other women from next room: Just like a what?

Roberto [prompting him, from outside]: Just like a worried bill-collector.

Conrad: Just like a worried bill-collector.

[Women roll their eyes. Conrad goes after Roberto; catches him on the front walk]

Conrad: You know, I didn’t . . .

Roberto: I know.

Conrad: Then . . .

Conrad: But I meant . . .

Conrad: And I really appr…

Conrad: You know I always de…

Conrad: … And…

Roberto: Don’t say it. … Me too.

Conrad: … Will …

Roberto: I’m busy for a week.

Conrad: A week?

Roberto: OK, three or four days. Just . . .

Conrad: I know.

Roberto: But…

Conrad: I won’t.

Roberto: And—

Conrad: There’s more?

Roberto: I think Brigitte likes me.

Conrad: Everyone likes you. Of course, she’s kind of a bitch.

Roberto: Oh, she’s OK.

Conrad: … Now I’m getting jealous.

Roberto: Sh! And everyone’s watching.

Conrad: So what? [takes a half-step backwards away from Roberto]

Roberto: Right. So what? [takes a half-step backwards away from Conrad] … And—

Conrad: And what?

Roberto: Feed Palooka right, OK? [Leaves]

[Fade to black]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
@odinthor

You still haven't cut off the Conrads?

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was totally delightful!!!! Are we really that bad? Well yes... my husband gets mad at how heavy I book my days off-- and often I should be two places at once and I'm in transit or ignoring both-- not as bad as when I was younger, though, I think.... delightful! I couldn't "type" Bridgett, what do you think? Also I wasn't sure what Weezy junior was up to with the package...drugs or weed I guess, but I'm kind of clueless about that. Or did I just miss it? But this was totally fun. I liked all the interaction.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 Scorpio
2,223 Posts
Thanks! I had fun writing it. Nay, you're not bad at all. Your enthusiasm sometimes overtides other thoughts. The great thing about ENFPs is that they teach me how to be more human, which doesn't come easy to INFJs.

Like I mentioned before, in fairness there should be a companion piece How to Enthrall an INFJ, which would show the other side of ENFPs. But yawn people getting enthralled is kind of boring...

Wheezy Junior was just representing something shady and somewhat threatening going on. Sometimes I leave things to the audience's imagination.

I was going to make the last we heard of Doobie, over at Booger's, that he was sky-high and trying to count the nails in a plank floor . . . that was carpeted; but the scene was dragging and I cut it and other stuff out.

The half-step-back bit I'd have to tinker with according to audience reaction. It might enhance the funny if it's simultaneous.

Brigitte? Yes, I like Brigitte. A lot. Me, at this point I can't type anything other than INFJs, ENFPs, and INTJs. But she's a type I've known quite well several times though not lately.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! I had fun writing it. Nay, you're not bad at all. Your enthusiasm sometimes overtides other thoughts. The great thing about ENFPs is that they teach me how to be more human, which doesn't come easy to INFJs.

Like I mentioned before, in fairness there should be a companion piece How to Enthrall an INFJ, which would show the other side of ENFPs. But yawn people getting enthralled is kind of boring...

Wheezy Junior was just representing something shady and somewhat threatening going on. Sometimes I leave things to the audience's imagination.

I was going to make the last we heard of Doobie, over at Booger's, that he was sky-high and trying to count the nails in a plank floor . . . that was carpeted; but the scene was dragging and I cut it and other stuff out.

The half-step-back bit I'd have to tinker with according to audience reaction. It might enhance the funny if it's simultaneous.

Brigitte? Yes, I like Brigitte. A lot. Me, at this point I can't type anything other than INFJs, ENFPs, and INTJs. But she's a type I've known quite well several times though not lately.
Bobo, I like the steps back how they were. I think it is the one that the audience would choose. Also I love the nickname Bobo!

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today, i'm pretty sure I met an ENFP. Just a short meeting and nothing special, but she figured out WHAT to be appreciative ABOUT immediately and didn't waste a second before expressing that appreciation.
This was a patient. I will try to show the dialogue without getting medical and gross on you all. I'm a dietitian--a profession always on the ENFP list.

Me: I'm getting all suited up to come into your room.
Patient: Alright, I'll wait here. (funny)
Me: Things are still as bad as they were? Any changes?
Patient: Nooo. Still the same.
Me: They are going to test you for cholera-- like real old-fashioned cholera! I've got an old-fashioned remedy that I'd like you to try. It's got a glucose-salt balance that absorbs better than plain water, it's how we used to save people before IVs and they still use this stuff in developing countries, and I think it will help and I want you to try it. I'm going to go make it and come back. ( I do so.)
Patient: (trying it) Can you just come and take care of me at home and make me stuff? Like I wouldn't be able to pay you much, but it would be fun! Just come cook for me all the time!
Doctor (now in room): Alesha, do you go to fast food restaurants or do you cook? (Dr. trying to tease me)
Me: I can cook, mostly I'm here though.
Patient: These are delicious.
Me: Really? Most people don't like it-- but it's the perfect thing, so keep drinking. I think it will help you. (leaving)
Patient: Thank you so much! See you later!

Total ENFP, right? Actually I've wondered if the doctor is as well. He's some kind of NF--- half his teases land hilarious, the others are "dad joke"ish. He's a wonderful "whole person" doctor. Cares about all of you and his staff too. He can figure out your deepest ways of thinking in 1-2 questions. Okay, dialogue/short play #2!!!!!!
I remember one of his first questions to me was, "So.... are you out drinking most weekends?" And I could tell he was just trying to figure out what makes me tick.
I said, "No I don't drink at all." He looks at me intently for more info. "I can't stand to feel out of control."
Dr. "Oh that's what's going on with you! But-- then-- you wouldn't be even able to handle medications-- or anesthesia? Didn't you have to deal with that when you had your kids? " (Dr. did know I had heart failure when pregnant with my kids-- but didn't know anything else).
Me; "How did you know! I still can't forgive myself for what happened to me and my babies while I was under anesthesia! I hated the medications so much!."
Dr.: " You are going to need to get over this one."
Me: "Maybe."
I think this is properly HIPPA enough...So yeah, this doctor is amazingly intuitive.
ENFPs are amazing! I love us!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts