Personality Cafe banner

What is your Emotional Direction Temperament?

• Mind

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Body

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Others

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Doing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Self

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Responsibility

• Indispensability

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on learner, physical intimacy, Energy being, Team Career Temp
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This topic has been partly covered in Emotional Repressions-Developments, though will be addressed mainly here:

There are seven main Emotional Directions (ED), where people channel their energy unimpeded by Emotional Repressions. Besides this, there is a primary Emotional Direction and a secondary Emotional Direction, while the rest is about equally accessed, particularly if the user is in the Unified Consciousness.

The primary Emotional Direction is one where the person channels without thinking, or any conscious effort, while the second one is the one the person naturally looks for in life. The seven main Emotional Directions can be pictured as a person: the Mind-ED is on the top of the head, the Others-ED is in front of the heart, the Doing-ED is behind the shoulder-blades, the Self-ED is at the heart center. The Body-ED is at the stomach area. The Responsibility-ED is at the right hand, while the Indispensability-ED is at the lefthand.

The Emotional Direction Temperaments can be seen in objects, like cars, and even plants. This also extends to people.

The following diagram shows how Emotional Direction Temperaments can be found in Super Cars:

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive design

If you are not logged in, or would like to see larger image, please click the following two links:
Visionneuse images - Noelshack - http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/43/1/1571663269-emotional-directions-cars.jpg
Visionneuse images - Noelshack - http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/43/1/1571663274-emotional-directions-cars2.jpg

For Energy-beings, their Emotional Direction is usually either Self-ED Secondary, or have one of the other six as secondary (Mind, Body, Others, Doing). This extends to people with the Service Love Language (Responsibility primary) or Gifting Love Language (Indispensability-primary).

Here is Emotional Direction Temperament, shown in anime characters, from the manga, Brynhildr Darkness by Lynn Okamoto

Cartoon Anime

If you want to view larger image, please click this link: Visionneuse images - Noelshack - http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/43/1/1571668871-emotional-direction-in-anime.jpg

Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on learner, physical intimacy, Energy being, Team Career Temp
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Those primary EDs sound a lot like enneagram types
I can sort of get what you mean, though I find certain aspects linking more with other MBTI+ temperament systems. Ones in quote are from the website EnneagramInstitute.com:

1 THE REFORMER

The Rational, Idealistic Type: Principled, Purposeful, Self-Controlled, and Perfectionistic
Responsibility-oriented Emotional Direction (ED) Temperament

2 THE HELPER

The Caring, Interpersonal Type: Demonstrative, Generous, People-Pleasing, and Possessive
Doing-oriented ED Temperament

3 THE ACHIEVER

The Success-Oriented, Pragmatic Type: Adaptive, Excelling, Driven, and Image-Conscious
Reptilian being, 8PM and 9PM Role Temperament

4 THE INDIVIDUALIST

The Sensitive, Withdrawn Type: Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed, and Temperamental
Body-oriented ED Temperament

5 THE INVESTIGATOR

The Intense, Cerebral Type: Perceptive, Innovative, Secretive, and Isolated
Mind-oriented ED Temperament

6 THE LOYALIST

The Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious
Indispensability-oriented ED Temperament

7 THE ENTHUSIAST

The Busy, Fun-Loving Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Distractible, and Scattered
Clairaudient-primary Psychic Modality, Clairalient-primary Intuitive Modality

8 THE CHALLENGER

The Powerful, Dominating Type: Self-Confident, Decisive, Willful, and Confrontational
Walk-in Being: Unconditional Belief Suppression, or Suppression in all areas besides Unconditional Belief, or simply Clairalient-Dominant, or Clairgustance-Dominant

9 THE PEACEMAKER

The Easygoing, Self-Effacing Type: Receptive, Reassuring, Agreeable, and Complacent
11PM and 12PM Role Temperaments

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,327 Posts
I can sort of get what you mean, though I find certain aspects linking more with other MBTI+ temperament systems. Ones in quote are from the website EnneagramInstitute.com:
You don't even have to go as far as typing every enneatype, 3 main categories, known as triads already hugely represent your ideas.

Head - Mind ED
Heart - Others ED/Self ED
Body - Body ED/Doing ED

Conveniently there are instinctual variants:
https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/variants

Self-preservation - Self ED
Sexual - Others ED/Doing ED
Social - Other ED/Mind ED

They are really very similar, almost feels like remade enneagram.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't even have to go as far as typing every enneatype, 3 main categories, known as triads already hugely represent your ideas.

Head - Mind ED
Heart - Others ED/Self ED
Body - Body ED/Doing ED

Conveniently there are instinctual variants:
https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/variants

Self-preservation - Self ED
Sexual - Others ED/Doing ED
Social - Other ED/Mind ED

They are really very similar, almost feels like remade enneagram.
Where did you get the information about the triads?

The variants feel somewhat similar to the Frequency Temperaments: https://www.personalitycafe.com/mye...nternal-feelings-emotions-based-people-2.html

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,327 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are examples of Directional Temperaments as exhibited in crabs:

Crab Organism Crustacean Decapoda

If you are not logged in, or would like to see larger image, please view image here: https://postimg.cc/4ndnk3Td

Here are examples of Directional Temperaments in motorcycles:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Vehicle service manual Car Motorcycle

If you are not logged in, or would like to view larger image, please click here: https://postimg.cc/hJTZGgWQ

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interestingly, if not surprising, the Directional Temperament can also be observed in the MBTI+ type. Here are examples of Directional Temperaments in the INFJ, physical intimacy love language, hands-on learner, SoCom, Energy beings:

Text Hair coloring

For larger images, please click here: https://postimg.cc/xJVczkLc and https://postimg.cc/TLjhqRcQ

·
Registered
ISTP 5w4 sx/sp 584
1,376 Posts
I would like to think as myself as combination of mind and body, but I FEEL that body resonates with me more as by emotions, my body has a directive role on this. Yet however, I lead with a mind and never deviate much from it. Is it valid to be a combination in your system?

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to think as myself as combination of mind and body, but I FEEL that body resonates with me more as by emotions, my body has a directive role on this. Yet however, I lead with a mind and never deviate much from it. Is it valid to be a combination in your system?
Yes, of course, certain people like homosexuals, Reptilians and Ascended Reptilian beings are not well defined in the Directional Temperament. This appears to pertain mainly to heterosexual Energy beings. You can read about the different beings in the Frequency Temperament here: https://www.personalitycafe.com/mye...nternal-feelings-emotions-based-people-2.html I still have to update the information on that thread, though.

Another way to tell is to keep a diary, in which you can read and see if you are really speaking to your mind, body, or another Directional Temperament.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is to update the Directional Temperament diagram. Specifically, I have replaced the Doing-Directed with the ESTP Shadow Self (Shadow Self means cognitive functions in reverse order). I don't have a photo of the "original" ESTP shadow self, though someone similar in personality will do. The previous Doing-Directed (who is the INFJ-Shadow Self-"descendant" of the "original" Shadow Self ESTP) is moved to the Self-primary Doing-secondary.

You can also view the diagrams here: Album — Postimage.org

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are not the “original” Sensor Shadow Self, though will be used as examples. The Mind-oriented ESTP appears to be homosocial (which implies that the original Mind-oriented ESTP was raped). The Other-oriented Directional Temperament ESTP appears to be heterosexual, 11PM Role Temperament, which means that she has had sex with the Other-oriented INFJ Shadow Self (also implying that the full Emotional Repertoire of the 12PM Energy being has been “uploaded” for 9-11PM Energy beings, in Other-oriented Directional Temperament, INFJ, hands-on learner, Energy being, Project-oriented Career Temperament)

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interestingly, INFJ and ENTP, hands-on, affirmation love language appear to be absent of Directional Temperament (they are also free of the Career Temperaments).

The absence of Directional and Career Temperaments possibly mean that they are "more ancient or coming first into being" on the "genealogical time scale".

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have reexamined the Experience Temperament, and find that it's related to the Directional Temperament, namely:

Truth oriented people are Body-oriented in the Directional Temperament
Wisdom oriented people are Mind-oriented in the Directional Temperament
Experience oriented people are Others-oriented in the Directional Temperament

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Can't believe how I've missed these threads of yours.
And I still don't understand half of what you're saying, haha

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for your interest.

I have been making new threads in the Other Personality Theories subforum, even though they are also MBTI+. If you are interested, you can view them here:

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 30 Posts