Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
ISFJ - 6w5 - Taurus

There are six plus Taureans who are ISFJ on PerC, I don't know if there are 6s that are Taureans either....

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
ISFJ - 6w5 - Taurus

There are six plus Taureans who are ISFJ on PerC, I don't know if there are 6s that are Taureans either....
ENFP + enneagram counter-phobic 6w7 + virgo. I do like control like most virgos, but that's about it. Other than that, the sign doesn't fit me. Aalthough I was born on September 1st and someone told me that sometimes when people are born between signs, they are a mix of the two signs. For example, I might be a virgo + leo fusion.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
INTJ

5w6, 6w5, 3w4.

Capricorn.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
ENTP
7w8/3w2, not sure which
Leo with aquarius rising

all of these fit together pretty well, but enneagram and astrology are bollox, so it's a coincidence....:crazy:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
No, but I am a 7w6(CP)- 4w3- 8w7 ENFP...and also a Cancer-Leo...

·
Registered
815 Posts
INTP - enneagram 5w4 - Leo

I don't really like enneagram but it does have some use. Astrology on the other hand is completely useless and a waste of time. I'd advise anyone who believes that astrology has any use at all (other than to make people spend money) to seriously and critically reconsider their position.

Concerning MBTI and enneagram, I suppose there could be a moderate to strong correlation between type and enneagram but MBTI is a superior system so I wouldn't ever use the two together. I like to keep them separate.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
No.

Enneagram is dumb and pointless, and astrology tops it INCREDIBLY in that department.

Astrology makes me so upset.

People correlating MBTI to astrology makes me cry :(

Now I'm crying :'(

Enneagram is bad enough.

Effin' pseudo-sciences.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
intp - 8w7 - taurus

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
xSFP - 6w7 - Aries

I find it hard to put myself into any MBTI category. I just can't really put myself in any of the type descriptions. Well, I mean, I can, but it's very hard... and I don't want to. :unsure:

Enneagram, there's no denying that 6w7 fits me almost perfectly. :crying: I don't want to be a 6, damnit.

Astrology... I don't follow horoscopes or anything, but I definitely relate to the Aries profiles out there.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My mix...

INTJ - 1w2 sp, 5w4, 4w5 - Gemini, Wood Rabbit

I don't think there is a connection among them. If there is proof of it, show me as I tend to be a bit of a skeptic on some things.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
ISFJ-6w7 sp/sx (Possibly so/sx)-Scorpio

I don't hold any faith in astrology however.

Hmmm...combined that'd be...a christian (I find this word applicable to ISFJ) filled with fear and LUST.

Or just a...Nun.

I'm officially a nun.

·
Registered
429 Posts
INTP :: 4w5-5w4-??? sx/sp :: Virgo Sun, Scorpio Moon/Rising

I find a big correlation in that they're all nothing more than a system.

I've been heavily interested in astrology for about a year, so I know quite a bit (but not too much). I agree that the use of astrology as a divination system and a way to "predict the future" is mostly bs. Plus those newspaper horoscopes that people believe also tend to give it a bad name.

I think that astrology (if used for such a purpose) is not so much different from the MBTI or the Enneagram. It's just another personality system. It says that when you were born, the planets left an energy imprint on you. It's kind of like a picture: a picture of the sky was taken at your birth, and that picture is the map of your personality.

I know most people who I talk to who disbelieve in astrology talk about how their sun sign doesn't fit them at all and how their horoscope never came true. That's because those horoscopes are bull. And your sun sign is truly not your entire personality. I myself used to think, I don't act entirely like a Virgo, so there's no way this can be true. But I looked into it, and I learned about the Moon Signs, and the Rising Signs, and other aspects of who you are, and everything made so much more sense after that.

So no, I don't believe it works in the whole predicting the future/divination sense, but I do think it correlates with MBTI and Enneagram in that it's just another personality system. Just another tool that can be used to help better understand yourself and those around you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
INTP - 8x9 sp - Taurus rising Virgo

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
INTJ
Sagittarius

MBTI is better at understanding the cognition of personality types and attempt to predict their behavior (MBTI is NOT meant for behavior purposes though). And Enngream is better for personal growth but I'm not a fan of it because I cannot personally identify with it. And astrology just sucks. Its just a list of adjectives based on constellations.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
AkiKaza, you're right of course. All can be used as tools for reflection. However MB has more of an evidence base in terms of repeatability, or the ability to predict someone's behaviour using it. Astrology for instance: if you have a full star chart done it will contain a number of things which you can interpret to say things about your personality: but they can be interpreted in different ways. A friend did me a chart and I found it useful; however I will never believe that the pattern of stars in the sky at the moment I popped out can be used to determine who I am and how I will behave. I don't get the enneagram as the concept is too simplistic and it's made up on illogical principles, as far as I can see. On the other hand the MB system does seem to be more reliable. It has an internal consistency in that is uses the way you think and behave to predict the way you will think and behave, rather than external things such as star patterns or a selection of potential childhood traumas neatly fitting a geometric chart.....

·
Banned
818 Posts
ESFP who goes to ISFP when under stress, 7w6, Capricorn.

There's no earthly reason that I'm a Capricorn. I hardly ever accomplish anything, and am frequently fine with that though I am ready to go to Ennea 5 when I discover what to follow, and I chase fun above all else, though meaning is important to me, and I believe in mystical stuff. How can this be Capricorn?

I also have the most trouble with Myers-Briggs of any typing methodology because I don't fit well in any category. I call myself esfP or eXfP or enfP (more with wildflowers and wild animals) or XXXP (since I rely on logic so much, though that might be a tertiary thing). XXXP fits best. :D

1 - 20 of 133 Posts