Personality Cafe banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
INFJ - 1w2-4w5-6w7 sp/so - Pisces sun/Sagittarius moon/Virgo rising (the rest of my personal planets are in my siggie)

I've been studying all three of these systems for some time now. While I believe they are all accurate in their descriptions of me, I feel astrology in particular measures something that isn't quite on MBTI or the Enneagram's scale. Nothing better or worse, but I do believe that astrology is so different there can be no true correlation :)

So you wouldn't expect to see certain MB types clustered heavily under certain sun signs like we see with the Enneagram?

·
Registered
ENFp-Fi (OP: Ne/Te); 2w1; LEVF
1,153 Posts
Mixing this stuff with astrology is like kicking the memory of poor Young and Isabel Myers in the balls, and then dancing around it as it twitches on the floor in a fetal position.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
So you wouldn't expect to see certain MB types clustered heavily under certain sun signs like we see with the Enneagram?
I really wouldn't. Especially because sun signs alone are so general. Maybe after analyzing a full natal chart I could eliminate some types, but people under one sun sign can be so varied depending on the rest of their charts that there isn't really a correlation.

To work backwards, people of the same MBTI types may share similar characteristics in their natal charts, but they would only be found by aspects or other details in their charts. I tried researching this myself, and I did find these correlations, but it was on a limited number of charts. What makes it difficult, too, is that while natal charts are definite, a person's type can be extremely ambiguous.
So even though I found a couple similarities, I highly doubt they would be consistent for everyone. Different influences can make people behave differently, so each person's MBTI type, even if they are all the same type, would likely be found in different places in their charts, and certainly not their sun signs.

Reactions: BostonMike

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't believe there's a connection. I believe they each play a part in who someone is as a person, though. A fellow enfp with a different enneagram and/or zodiac will be entirely different in many respects, but the same within the confines of what defines an enfp. Same goes for if I meet someone with the same zodiac or enneagram but who differs in their mbti.

I'm an ENFP 5w4 iconoclast Aries ♈ Taurus ♉ cusp

Reactions: Klaro26

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't see the correlation.

ENFJ, 9w8, and capricorn.

Reactions: sinaasappel

·
Registered
23 Posts
INFP, 4w5, Taurus.

·
Registered
193 Posts
INTJ, 5w4, Cancer - If MBTI and astrology were connected, I'd be a family-oriented sentimental touchy-feely INTJ.

Which I am not.

Don't believe in astrology.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't know which zodiac sign by default matches with which MBTI personality type. But I've read here before that a typical Taurus trait matches with ISTJ. I'm a Taurus but an ISTP, 7w6, sx/sp.

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
MBTI = the way your mind processes the world around you. (Outside in)
Enneagram = what inwardly drives you. (Inside out)
They are like Yin and Yang, opposite sides that compliment eachother. Anyone can be any combination of these, tho some are more common than others, and some are rather rare.

Astrology is fantasy where some find entertainment and yet others seek more. Taken seriously it is the shame of all typology, and not to mention risky business, able to cause baseless prejudice and senseless direction in life. Choose your path, don't have it chosen for you.

·
Registered
457 Posts
INFJ - 9w1 5w4 2w1 - Capricorn.

I don't know if there's any correlation between those things, at least not the astrology stuff... People who are interested in astrology don't seem to think of me as a capricorn, so I suppose I'm not extremely stereotypical. However, I really do recognize some of the traits, like being stubborn to a fault, and having a slow and methodical approach to how I work and deal with things. The way I've understood it, 9w1s can also be a bit slow and sometimes prone to inaction, so maybe.. However, the capricorn and INFJ are both supposed to be driven, if I've understood things right, so maybe the INFJ and Capricorn can balance out the passiveness of my 9w1?

Edit: Even if astrology isn't exactly scientific I still think it's fun to play with. If you have nothing else to think about, for instance, it could be used as a means to reflect further upon yourself and who you are. Even if what's being said about a certain sign doesn't suit you, you'll know a bit more about yourself by discerning who you're not, right? :)

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
INTP
Likely a 9w1 - 3w4 - 7w6
Dragon :p (i relate more to my chinese than to my western zodiac anyway)

81 - 100 of 133 Posts