Personality Cafe banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
No. Astrology is BS. The stars and planets do not dictate your personality any more than permafrost and tectonic plates do. It is a darn shame that people take it seriously, like any kind of magical thinking that is stuck in our culture.

Ennaegram seems to be an attempt to create nine different general descriptions of personality, which is more useful, and does correlate somewhat with different MBTI types, but it's not as good as MBTI. It's sprinkled with a lot of nonsense.

MBTI describes four/eight different facets of personality that you express on a scale. The traits may be arbitrarily chosen, but seems to be pretty useful for predicting behavior because you are describing a personality that exists instead of saying that your personality must be X because a random planet was in a random constellation when you were born.

For the record: INTP, 5w6, Gemini

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't buy astrology, but ENTP-8w7-Scorpio.

·
Registered
128 Posts
INFJ
9w8
Gemini

·
Boaz & Jachin
ESTJ; LSE-Te; 6w5; 631; Sp/Sx; DC; TN
14,734 Posts
ESTJ, 3w4, and Taurus.
Do you think there is a connection between enneagram mbti and astrology?
Not really, but you can draw correlations if you try hard enough.

·
Registered
ISTP
2,645 Posts
ENFJ, 3w2 sx/so, Pisces

·
Registered
Mafia playing cat
1,125 Posts
ENTP, 7w6, Pisces. Pisces is the outlier there, but I don't believe in astrology. I think MBTI and Enneagram are probably correlated, but neither are correlated with astrology since the assignment of signs is basically just random.

·
Registered
ISTP
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
2,952 Posts
ENTP, 7w6, Pisces. Pisces is the outlier there, but I don't believe in astrology. I think MBTI and Enneagram are probably correlated, but neither are correlated with astrology since the assignment of signs is basically just random.
I don't believe in astrology either - but the funny thing is that this is my combo! ENTP/7w6/Pisces.
I love my birthday - 2/22 - so I accept this as fact that I'm a Pisces though.

·
Registered
INTP 4w5 359 autistic empath old soul
221 Posts
Im an ISFP + enneagram 9w8 + gemini.

What are you?

Do you think there is a connection betwen enneagram mbti and astrology?
INTP + 4w5 + Capricorn
I don't really believe in astrology but my friend once said to me that there is a rough connection between astrology and personality. He is a pisces and feels that he can relate to some pisces traits but not like all of them.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts