Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are a few pages about that, but they are not the same. For example:Some consider Dipper Pines as ISTJ, others INTJ. He may be ISTP or INTP as well(although sometimes he is a bit too organised for an INTP)
Here's what i found:

Gravity Falls Wiki Myers Briggs MBTI Chart - Imgur

Typing Fictional Characters: Gravity Falls

My oppinion:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/0f8c435e97d712913ab30910e7ac4385/tumblr_inline_migd5pI8yU1qz4rgp.bmp

Dipper Pines - INTJ/ISTJ(smaller chances of being ISTP or INTP)

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...running.png/revision/latest?cb=20120619045715

Grunkle Stan(Stanford Pines) - INTJ, ISTJ, ENTP or INTP

https://41.media.tumblr.com/adfded4b0a6df23c0cc5f9ce9eb61177/tumblr_n9p9uc7jxQ1r45xfpo3_500.png

Old Man Mcgucket - he is an inventor(a crazy one). First thought - INTP, but he is somehow extroverted - ENTP...besides, there was one episodes in which he said that he creates his invention to get the attention of his son and others as he feels lonely - emotions stuff which makes me think about him being an ENFP or ENFJ. ESTJor ESTP are a possibility, too;

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/H-RPqYj2fms/maxresdefault.jpg

Mabel Pines - I have no idea, but her character is pretty annoying;

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...d_of_em.png/revision/latest?cb=20130530142120

Soos Ramirez - XSFX

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...s_angry.png/revision/latest?cb=20140427211927

Gideon Gleeful - ENTJ

http://orig09.deviantart.net/ed94/f/2015/072/8/d/stanley_pines_portada_by_philelmago-d8lirp3.jpg

Stanley Pines(Grunkle Stan's brother - the author of the Journals). All we know about him is that he wrote the journals and it is suspected that he may have invented the portal he is brought back through. He may be an INTP or INTJ or ISTP or ENTJ.

Here's the moment He is brought back:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...lCipher.png/revision/latest?cb=20131026184109

Bill Cipher - INTJ, INFJ or mad INTP

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dipper: ISTJ or INTP
Mabel: ENFP. I don't see her as an ESFP at all.
Grunkle Stan: ENTP or ESTP. I don't think he could possibly be anything else.
Soos: ISFP
Wendy: INFP

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I love Mabel. She's definitely ExFP.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dipper: ISTJ or INTP
Mabel: ENFP. I don't see her as an ESFP at all.
Grunkle Stan: ENTP or ESTP. I don't think he could possibly be anything else.
Wendy: INFP
I quite agree with these! Dipper is very ISTJ in my opinion.

I can't agree with Bill Cipher being an INTJ/INFJ/I-anything though. Everything he does is encompassing and manipulative, that if he weren't a literal demon and there were a person there instead, he'd be an ExTJ. His plans are hinted to domination and control which points to an extroverted judging function as being higher up.

EDIT! Personally I think his P function is arbitrary - either is fine. If I had to give him a specific type, though, I'd say ESTJ. It would give him tertiary Ne, which I can see far stronger than aux Ni/tert Se. But again, he is a literal demon...so either is viable. Look at him from the right angle, and I'm sure a lot of his actions can point to ENTJ just as strongly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My take on things:

Dipper: IxFJ
Mabel: ENFP - I don't see her as an ESFP at all, I feel it's obvious that she uses Ne a LOT.
Grunkle Stan: ENTJ or ENTP - ENTP would make sense considering he gets along so well with Mabel. They do both seem to use Ne a lot.
Wendy: ESTP
Robbie: ISTP
Gideon: ENFJ
Soos: ESFP
Bill: ENTP

I bet Stanley will be an INTP, just a hunch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dipper: INTJ
Mabel: ENFP
Stan: ESTP
Ford: INTP with underdeveloped Fe?
Wendy: ISxP
McGucket: (just a guess) ISFJ

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I see Dipper as an IxTP and Mabel as an ENFx.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stan: ESTP
Ford: INTP with underdeveloped Fe?
Wendy: ISxP
McGucket: (just a guess) ISFJ
Basically agree with these, though at times Dipper comes off ISTJ-ish and I lean to Mabel being ESFP. Ford occasionally gives me INTJ vibes but INTP mostly fits better. McGucket is interesting - at first he seems like a cliche ENTP mad scientist, however his personality underwent radical change from his younger, healthier days. Hirsch has said he was a sensitive Southern gentleman so ISFJ is possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think Double Dipper has forever solidified Dipper as a Judging type for me, but I could be misinterpreting Te.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the legend of the Gobblewonker, he comes very prepared with cameras just to be on the safe side, which strikes off as a Te type.

Hyper to the point of annoyance, she can also be self centered sometimes like in Sock Opera and DaMvsTF. We can see that she does show inferior Si that used her past memories to push Dipper away in Weirdmageddon 2.

Soos: ISFX
Reliable handyman, can be a bit socially awkward at times.

Wendy: XSFP
Does reveal her Fi a bit, and she is more of someone who lives in the moment.

Stan: ENTP
Is a con man, glues animal parts and try to twist a story from it to make it believable. Can be impersonal and calculative at times.

Ford: INTP
Very devoted to his work, and creates the journals from his experiences. However he screwed up his relations for what he wants.

Bends reality into any way he likes with no concerns, tricks whoever makes a deal with him. He is also impulsive like a teenager as shown with his monster buddies.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with most of this. Personally though I think Dip's an INTP and Ford's an INTJ, but I can see both. Soos I think is an ISFP (I know this because ISFP's are cuties and Soos is the biggest cutie xD) Ever since some people suggested Wendy as an INFP though, i've been stuck on that, I love that idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
These characters are so well fleshed out on the show that it makes them fun to type.

Dipper - INTP: He lives to problem solve and is energized by GF's endless mysteries (Ti). Comes up with creative solutions on the spot whenever they're in a bind (Ne). Can easily organize his thoughts to suit the situation, great memory for his Ne to feed off of (Si). Constantly sacrifices his own desires for those around him (Fe).

Mabel - ESFP: Lives in the moment, instantly seized opportunties as they arise (Se). Her feelings are the world (Fi). Never hesitates to speak her mind/heart and will always do what she feels is right (Te). Never plans out what she's gonna do and always creates a mess for Dipper to clean up (suppressed Ni).

Grunkle Stan - ENTP: Constantly coming up with new schemes based off the slightest inspiration (Ne). Schemes are thought up from reasonable conclusions as opposed to passionate reactions (Ti). People and how to best exploit them are his main focus(Fe). Information recall and driven by past events (Si).

Soos - ISFP: Holds friends, grandmother, and desire for father very dear (Fi). Mr. Fix-it (Se). Can simplify a task without second guessing himself (Ni). ...not the brightest knife in the shed... (suppressed Te).

Wendy - ...ok I'm torn between INFP and ISTP. Can't tell if what drives her actions is Fi or Se... something about her reminds me of an ISTP I had a crush on for the longest time around Dipper's age though...so maybe my judgement's clouded?

Stanford Pines - textbook INTJ: Focused on a singular vision, will accomplish regardless of consequences (Ni). Organizes insights into a detailed technical journal (Te). A prideful lil sombitch (Fi). Missed details of how his actions were affecting his environment and those around him (suppressed Se).

Bill Cipher - textbook ENTP: He's GF's version of The Joker...need I say more?

Gideon Gleeful - ENTJ: Expert at organizing and controlling his environment (Te). Strong will to power (Ni). Gets in the mix, leads from the front (Se). Driven by pride and a self-determined entitled desire for Mabel (Fi).

Pretty sure McGucket is an NTP.
Pacifica is an SJ...I'm thinking ESTJ? She's pretty stuck in her family's routine, but seems to have potential to adapt to the situation in that haunted house ep.

Great topic, btw.

·
Registered
ENTP | 7w6 | so/sx
693 Posts
I'm on the last episode of Gravity Falls. Let's give it a shot. All the characters are really fleshed out. I love it.

Dipper: Well-rounded INTJ?
Stan: ENTP
Wendy: ISFP -- I also liked INFP for her, but she lacks a lot of the "dreaminess" INFPs have. She seems too...grounded to be an INFP, imo.
Soos: INFP
Ford: INTJ
Gideon: ENTJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess my major problem is when people classify McGucket as a "T" type; when he is one of the most emotionally-driven characters in the show; and clearly supposed to not represent the "stereotypical" mad scientist character by portraying him as primarily feeling rather than thinking; in contrast to other scientist characters like Ford or Dipper.

I wanted to examine McGucket more closely because I feel like he's being cheated of further character examination by being classified as an ENTP outside of this site (and sometimes INTP, sometimes INTP as only "Young", etc), and that he's being classified as that specifically because he's a mad scientist/scientist; I agree on the ExxP part in particular, and think "N" could be fairly accurate; but I'm not sure why everyone classifies him as "T"

Hirsch described McGucket as a Sensitive, kind, naive Southern Gentlemen (thus implied that he considers the feelings and wants of others and himself as primary character traits; McGucket's ability to invent things is there, imo, to be UNUSUAL for an "F" type/a character that is clearly heavily emotionally-driven; and his naivety suggests he sees and looks for good in the world even when it isn't there) McGucket moved to Gravity Falls purely because his best friend needed his help (ie; regarding the emotions and feelings of others); most of his giant robots have been built because of feelings of abandonment and extreme emotional reactions rather than for any logical or practical purpose; save the Shacktron and maybe the Gideon bot (which was presumably for financial purposes); he consistently prioritizes love/affection/friends over logical pursuits; after NWHS he fled to the bunker but was seen during the Pocalypse preppin shorts to be very emotionally distressed at the fact that he missed Dipper and Mabel, and in fact left the bunker later (as seen in the finale) in order to be with people and help save the town, which seems to be an emotionally-driven decision rather than the logical one, since he would have been safe in the bunker.

McGucket's social awkwardness doesn't derive from "I" or "T" traits imo; McGucket is constantly on the lookout for attention and seems to be drained and anxious when not in the company of other people; his social awkwardness derives from his "P" typing; he has a huge amount of impulsivity that can be readily observed in the way he behaves, and this impulsivity is regularly seen as negative or strange by the townsfolk - he constantly wants to be the center of attention and goes to all the social events in GF, as you can observe in many of the episodes.

His impulsive behavior is also regularly affected by his strong F typing; as we can see by minor incidents such as him spending all of his money on a broken down car (just because of the opossum in the trunk); a strongly "want"-based decision, rather than a decision based on logical use, practicality, or reliability of the end results.

I would type McGucket as ENFP most likely

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have heard in the past that Dipper is an INTJ, and I relate to Dipper in a lot of ways. For example:

Introverted Intuition (Ni)- Dipper Pines is hyper focused on one thing: figuring out the truth of Gravity Falls. He’s obsessed with getting answers, often seen even in his down time reading that same journal over and over. This obsession even puts him and his loved ones in danger due to his extreme curiosity. He has shown this pattern with other conflicts, such as in The Time Traveler’s Pig when he became focused on winning the plush for Wendy. He had the same goal in mind, and took many different approaches to reaching it, at the same time being oblivious of his sister’s desire to win her pig becoming less of a possibility. In Double Dipper, he has the goal of dancing with Wendy in mind. After making a detailed plan to do so, he goes back to revise it over again, because more possible obstacles came to mind.
The main difference between me and him is that my life is way less interesting than his.

Of course, please give me feedback on this post.

SOURCE:funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com/post/105196934628/gravity-falls-dipper-pines-intj

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bill Cipher can appear as an INTJ in the beginning due to his world domination complex, but the way he can be manipulative and trick people into making deals with him seems stereotypically ENTP. He's good at convincing people to make deals for his own benefit and comes up with new ideas on the fly. In Sock Opera when Bill posesses Dipper's body and becomes Bipper, his expressions are especially easy to read... he appears enthusiastic and curious, such as when he realized how "hilarious" pain was to him and how seemingly impressed he was with humans utilizing two eyes. Not to mention how excited he was to finally try soda for the first time (Human soda! I'm gonna drink it like a person!)... The Weirdmageddon episodes just show that Bill is an entirely strange entity that wants to make Gravity Falls (and the rest of the world) weird.

As for Dipper, he can seem like an INTJ in some aspects, but he also shows some really good deductive reasoning that looks a bit like an INTP trait. Then again, he could just be making use of Te since he does seem to be too well structured to be an INTP.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dipper is totally INTP, type 5w6. He uses Ti the whole time. Its impossible for him to be an ISTJ, INTJ is debatable

Mabel is an ENFP, type 9w8

Quentin (the president): ENTP

Gideon: ENTJ

Gideons Dad: ESFP

Candy: ISTJ

Grenda: ISFP

Wendys bf (forgot his name): INFP (really pussy one)

The crazy hillbilly: ENFP

Wendy is obviously introverted, but apart from that i cant tell (maybe INFP?)

Soos i an ISFP 2w3

Grunkle Stan is an ENTP

Pacifica: ESFJ

Thompson: ISFJ

Bill Cypher: INTJ

Wendys tatooed friend: ISTP

Wendys blonde friend: Dumb INTP

1 - 20 of 33 Posts