Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Recently I began to be interested in the types of some european football characters. I have spotted some threads about it, albeit I think they are old enough not to refresh them, so I found a new one.

When it comes to footballers, I think that especially in those times there is no doubt that a huge majority is Se-doms or Se-auxs (of course not only, however a footballer needs to possess a good Se since beginning, it is logical). I didn't really typed a lot of them, but I think they are easy to spot. ESFPs are the likes of Ronaldinho or Balotelli (or Cristiano Ronaldo, however, I would say that he is a looped one, he's much more focused on success, even obsessed, self-disciplined, one can see a difference), ESTPs - for example, Luis Suarez or Zlatan Ibrahimović, ISFPs - Messi or Iniesta, ISTPs - Lewandowski or Hazard. I would say there is also a huge amount of Si-doms/auxs, as they often get a strong Se. My childhood idol Raul Gonzalez Blanco would fit as a best example of ISTJ imo. Maybe some Ne-doms (Lampard?), or ENxJ due to tert Se. But definitely I strongly doubt that there would be any Ni-doms, can you really imagine a professional footballer being inferior Se? It is stereothypical, but I just think it is somehow unrealistic.

But, to be honest, I wasn't interested that much in footballers. I would claim that managers differ much more, they are more developed and they have to show their personality (or creations) through the press, it can be also visible in tactics and a ways to deal with the players. There is also a huge chance for somebody who wasn't encouraged in professional football earlier, including the likes of Wenger or Mourinho. I will begin with some examples.

Jose Mourinho - ExTJ - not sure whether Ni or Si, he's obviously a Te-dom in a way he deals with a press, especially weak, inferior Fi can be spotted. Once I would say he was an innovative manager, however, during his previous years I would say that he holds to his old tactics, which are more defensive. It looks more like Si.

Pep Guardiola - ISTP - Some people typed him as INTJ, but I just can't see a professional player of that level being Se-inf, as I mentioned. He has got high Ni, that's for sure, it can be visible in his tactics, but he also seems to have huge Ti or Se. He is an inferior Fe to me due to the fact, that one of his weakest sides are the relationships with the players (and not only that). I can't see him being Te-dom, he's also an introvert to me. However, as for ISTP I think he's not that flexible (I mean his career in Bayern, he hadn't got that much money as he does in City and he couldn't do anything according to his vision). Hard one to type, but I would still consider ISTP.

Carlo Ancelotti - ISFJ - Somehow nondescript to me, caring to his players, having good relationships with them, but not that great tactician. He doesn't look like Fe-dom to me.

Antonio Conte - ExTJ - well I'm not that sure whether he's Te-dom and I'm not convinced whether he is an ENTJ (he seems more Ni-user to me), but I would say like that. Innovative tactics, visionary, disciplined et cetera. But I have also a hypothesis that he would be an ISTP just like Guardiola.

Jurgen Klopp - ENFP - he looks just like that to me. Not really able to give arguments about that, but I see that intuitively. He's for sure Fi/Te user to me and they are both balanced and I can't see him being Se-dom. More like Ne-dom.

Zinedine Zidane - ISFP - well, to be honest, I can't find any better match. He doesn't look Ti-dom to me, he isn't also a kind of tactician, more like a motivator, I was thinking about ISFJ but I can see more Fi in him. I think that well-developed ISFP could be successful manager (albeit personally I still think that he is somehow overrated).

Arsene Wenger - INTP - I would say that he is definitely xNTP and more like INTP. Theoretical, "professor", more of intellectualist than a player. Looks like Ti-dom

Any thoughts about other ones? I've got my thoughts, but I'm not really sure of them, so I think I'll wait for other theories about further managers (and players).

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Always nice to see a football related post here.

Jose Mourinho - ExTJ - not sure whether Ni or Si, he's obviously a Te-dom in a way he deals with a press, especially weak, inferior Fi can be spotted. Once I would say he was an innovative manager, however, during his previous years I would say that he holds to his old tactics, which are more defensive. It looks more like Si.
Definitely ESTJ>ENTJ. He handles players the same way and repeats methods that he believes have worked in the past. Notice how in interviews about the way he goes about his business, he will more often than not cite his record as a defense of his way of doing things and he will persist in them (some would argue, past the point of their effectiveness, but again, his trophy haul speaks for itself). His final period at Real Madrid, his last stint at the club I support (Chelsea) and now his tenure at Manchester United are demonstrating that pesky inferior Fi, that hates being bruised. Hell, his last press conference is a great example of his Te-Si and unhealthy Fi. Mourinho is what an ESTJ with an oversized and also bruised ego looks like.

Pep Guardiola - ISTP - Some people typed him as INTJ, but I just can't see a professional player of that level being Se-inf, as I mentioned. He has got high Ni, that's for sure, it can be visible in his tactics, but he also seems to have huge Ti or Se. He is an inferior Fe to me due to the fact, that one of his weakest sides are the relationships with the players (and not only that). I can't see him being Te-dom, he's also an introvert to me. However, as for ISTP I think he's not that flexible (I mean his career in Bayern, he hadn't got that much money as he does in City and he couldn't do anything according to his vision). Hard one to type, but I would still consider ISTP.
I would say INFJ over ISTP and INTJ. I don't think there's much of a case to be made for Te, but there is one for Ni, Ti and Fe. But the way I see it, compare him to another ISTP manager: Sir Alex Ferguson. Fergie was far more prickly, blunt and shrewd in his communication style. His style was adaptive and there wasn't particularly one philosophy he adopted to defeat everyone. He made whole systems (sometimes on the fly) which were tailor made to his opponent, whether that be a possession based style, a counter-attacking style, defensive, high-pressing etc. Pep however is far more single-minded and only makes logical tweaks that cater to his personal philosophy of possession based football. He may adapt his formation during games or rotate players, but he always has one aim: To keep possession. Within Ferguson you could see the swift and logical adaptability of a Ti dominant. With Pep, you see the progressive-minded and singular focus of an Ni dominant.

Then there's also the fact that Pep is very soft-spoken and a likable personality, with the press and his players. The only players who he's had issues with in his past (Samuel Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc.) and his present (Sergio Aguero to an extent) are players who don't fit his philosophy and are rather demanding themselves. It even seems (based on what these players say) that Pep is very non-confrontational, almost to the point of cowardice and whilst he may be cruel in his way of excising players who don't fit his style, he won't be blunt in doing it, rather he'll appear (to the press and the team) as his normal likable self. I'd say, he definitely suits INFJ>ISTP.

Carlo Ancelotti - ISFJ - Somehow nondescript to me, caring to his players, having good relationships with them, but not that great tactician. He doesn't look like Fe-dom to me.
I would have gone for Fe dominant (probably ESFJ). But I could see ISFJ.

Antonio Conte - ExTJ - well I'm not that sure whether he's Te-dom and I'm not convinced whether he is an ENTJ (he seems more Ni-user to me), but I would say like that. Innovative tactics, visionary, disciplined et cetera. But I have also a hypothesis that he would be an ISTP just like Guardiola.
I would say he's definitely ENTJ. His style is always formulaic, always disciplined and always efficiency based. Every player has a role, has a position and they stick to it. If you watch his games managing Juventus and now at Chelsea, there is always a set way the players move in certain situations (when the number 10s have the ball, when the wing-backs have the ball, when the number 9 has the ball, when the center-backs have it, when the opponent has it, etc.). In fact, I think the only player who has a free role in his system (to do what he wants) is Eden Hazard, because he's simply too good to restrict. Everything is planned, everything is prepared and set out like a blueprint = Te dominant.

He also is fiercely adaptable (but not exactly visionary) in his tactics. He talks often about finding a matching "suit" or "solution" for the players he has. At Juventus, he played a 352 with Pirlo in a deeper role. At Chelsea, he plays a 343 with two number 10s or he plays a 352 with Fabregas in an advanced role. Either way, he always suits his tactics not necessarily with what has worked in the past or what is proven to have worked, rather with what he believes will suit the circumstances he finds himself in, treating each circumstance (or in this case, each team/set of players) as a new puzzle to be solved or new "suit" to be made. This lends me to believe he is Ni>Si. Thus I believe he is ENTJ.

Jurgen Klopp - ENFP - he looks just like that to me. Not really able to give arguments about that, but I see that intuitively. He's for sure Fi/Te user to me and they are both balanced and I can't see him being Se-dom. More like Ne-dom.
Definite ENFP.

Zinedine Zidane - ISFP - well, to be honest, I can't find any better match. He doesn't look Ti-dom to me, he isn't also a kind of tactician, more like a motivator, I was thinking about ISFJ but I can see more Fi in him. I think that well-developed ISFP could be successful manager (albeit personally I still think that he is somehow overrated).
Agreed on ISFP.

I also, lowkey, believe he's a bit overrated. His accomplishments are insane (2 UCLs in a row) but still, he's got a squad of some of the best individual players in the world. He's also getting a bit exposed this season.

Although his approach to man-management and coaching of players definitely highlights dominant Fi and inferior Te (see how he has backed Karim Benzema beyond the point of reason and how he dealt with former players like James Rodriguez or Morata).

Arsene Wenger - INTP - I would say that he is definitely xNTP and more like INTP. Theoretical, "professor", more of intellectualist than a player. Looks like Ti-dom
I would have said ISTJ for Wenger, but I am open to hearing why Ti dominant.
He seems more 'tried-and-true' to me, but I'm not sure. He's another one which gets typed INTJ a lot and I just can't figure out why.

Any thoughts about other ones? I've got my thoughts, but I'm not really sure of them, so I think I'll wait for other theories about further managers (and players).
I remember saying on another thread that Diego Simeone is an ESTP and that Max Allegri is INTP.

With regards to players, I think the vast majority of them are xSxx and quite a lot are xxxP.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello.
Recently I began to be interested in the types of some european football characters. I have spotted some threads about it, albeit I think they are old enough not to refresh them, so I found a new one.

When it comes to footballers, I think that especially in those times there is no doubt that a huge majority is Se-doms or Se-auxs (of course not only, however a footballer needs to possess a good Se since beginning, it is logical). I didn't really typed a lot of them, but I think they are easy to spot. ESFPs are the likes of Ronaldinho or Balotelli (or Cristiano Ronaldo, however, I would say that he is a looped one, he's much more focused on success, even obsessed, self-disciplined, one can see a difference), ESTPs - for example, Luis Suarez or Zlatan Ibrahimović, ISFPs - Messi or Iniesta, ISTPs - Lewandowski or Hazard. I would say there is also a huge amount of Si-doms/auxs, as they often get a strong Se. My childhood idol Raul Gonzalez Blanco would fit as a best example of ISTJ imo. Maybe some Ne-doms (Lampard?), or ENxJ due to tert Se. But definitely I strongly doubt that there would be any Ni-doms, can you really imagine a professional footballer being inferior Se? It is stereothypical, but I just think it is somehow unrealistic.

But, to be honest, I wasn't interested that much in footballers. I would claim that managers differ much more, they are more developed and they have to show their personality (or creations) through the press, it can be also visible in tactics and a ways to deal with the players. There is also a huge chance for somebody who wasn't encouraged in professional football earlier, including the likes of Wenger or Mourinho. I will begin with some examples.

The best footballers tend to be the Feelers rather than thinkers in various typing websites. They also tend to be Sensors rather than intuition users. So ISFJ,ISFP,ESFP and ESFJ are dominant in the sport. Andreas Iniesta is a J type he said he is so organised that he tries to organise other peoples lives.Raul is a Fe type rather than Te so I think he is ISFJ. Types with bad Se like INFJ have done better than ESTPs in the 21st century. A large majority part of the italian 2006 world cup winning squad was full of ENFPs and INFJs. Both Pirlo and Buffon are INFJs and they are part of the golden generation of italian players the 'brotherhood of azzuri' they have won like 10 champions leagues and world cups. So best footballers are usually ESFJ,ESFP,ISFP and ISFJ. In 2017 fiffa world best 11 7/8 were ISFJ,ESFJ,ESFP,ISFP in various mbti typing websites
Sergio Ramos= ESFP
Gabriel Jesus=ISFJ
Cristiano Ronaldo=ESFP
Toni Kroos= ISFJ
Buffon=INFJ
luka modric=INFP
Iniesta=ISFJ
Neymar=ESFP
Messi=ISFP
Marcelo=ESFJ
Gareth Bale=ISFP
Wayne Rooney=ISTP
Paul Scholes=INTP
Iker Casillas=INTP
Peter cech=INTP
Roy keane=ISTP
David Beckham=ISFP
Maldini=ISFJ
Frank Lampard=ENTP
Manuel Neuer=ISTJ
Marcus Rashford=ISTJ
xavi=ISTJ
Sergio Busquets= INTJ
Pep Guardiola=INTJ
Michael Carrick=ISTP
Ngolo Kante=ISFJ
Pele=ESFJ
Maradona=ESTP
Pavel Nedvěd=ISFJ
Steven Gerrard=ISTP
César Azpilicueta=ESFJ
Guti=INFP
Torres=INFP
Thiago Silva=INFP
Mesut ozil=INFP
Andrea Pirlo=INFJ
Jamie carragher=ESFJ
Harry Kane=ISTP
Sergio Aguero=ISFJ
Neymar=ESFP
Vincent Kompany=INTP
Thomas Muller=ENTP
Fabregas=ISFP
Carlos puyol=INFJ
Xabi Alonso=ESFP
Ronaldinho=ESFP
Gerad pique=ESTP
Ibrahimovic=ESTP
Juan Mata=INFJ
Drogba=ENFP
David luiz=ENFP
Fabio cannavaro=ENFP
Kaka=ESFJ
Zidane=ISFP
R9 Ronaldo=ESFP
Olivier Giroud=ESFP
Robert lewendowksi=ISTP
Luis Suarez=ISTP
Gary cahill=ISFJ
Eric cantona=ISTP
James Rodriguez=ISFJ
John Terry=ENFJ
Bastian Schweinsteiger=ENFJ
Matt Hummels=ESFJ
Didier Deschamps=ISTJ
Antonio Conte=ENTJ
Thierry Henry=ESFJ
Frank Ribery=ISFP
Johan Cryuff=ENTJ
Van persie=ESTP
Jamie Vardy=ESTP
Diego Costa=ESTP
Klose=ISTJ
Raul=ISFJ
Mario Gomez=ISTJ
Daniel Alves=ENFP
Casemiro=ISTP
Romario=ESTP
Adriano=ESFP
Matic=ISTP
Andreas Christensen=ISFJ
Eric Dier=ISFP
Mancini=ENTP
Carlo Ancelotti=ESFJ
Patrick Viera=ENTJ
Oliver Khan=ESTJ
Gattuso=ESTJ
Nani=ISFP
Luis Enrique=ESTJ
Ronald Koeman=ESTJ
Inzhagi=ENTP
De gea=ISTP
George Best=ISFP

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sergio Ramos= ENFJ
Gabriel Jesus= ESTP/ESFP
Cristiano Ronaldo=ESTP
Toni Kroos= ISTP
Buffon=ESFP
luka modric=ISFP/ISTP
Iniesta=ISFP
Neymar=ESTP
Messi=INTJ
Marcelo=ISFP
Gareth Bale=INFJ
Wayne Rooney=ISTP
Paul Scholes= ?
Iker Casillas= ?
Peter cech=ISTP
Roy keane= ?
David Beckham=ISFP
Maldini= ISTP
Frank Lampard=ISTP
Manuel Neuer= ENTJ
Marcus Rashford= ?
xavi=ISFP
Sergio Busquets= ISTP
Pep Guardiola= ENFJ
Michael Carrick= ?
Ngolo Kante= ISFP
Pele= ISTP
Maradona=ESTP
Pavel Nedvěd= ?
Steven Gerrard=ISFP
César Azpilicueta= ?
Guti= ?
Torres=ISFP
Thiago Silva= ISTP
Mesut ozil= ?
Andrea Pirlo=ISFP
Jamie carragher= ?
Harry Kane=ISTP
Sergio Aguero=ISFP
Neymar=ESTP
Vincent Kompany= ?
Thomas Muller= ?
Fabregas=ISFP
Carlos puyol= ESFP
Xabi Alonso= ESTP
Ronaldinho= ESFP
Gerad pique= ESFP
Ibrahimovic= ESTP
Juan Mata= ISFP
Drogba= ?
David luiz= ESFP
Fabio cannavaro= ?
Kaka= ?
Zidane= ?
R9 Ronaldo=ESFP
Olivier Giroud= ESTP
Robert lewendowksi= ISTP
Luis Suarez= ENFJ
Gary cahill= ?
Eric cantona= ?
James Rodriguez=ISFP
John Terry= ?
Bastian Schweinsteiger= ?
Matt Hummels= ?
Didier Deschamps= ?
Antonio Conte= ?
Thierry Henry= ESFP
Frank Ribery= ?
Johan Cryuff=ENTJ
Van persie= ESTP
Jamie Vardy= ?
Diego Costa= ESTP
Klose= ?
Raul= ?
Mario Gomez= ?
Daniel Alves=ESFP
Casemiro= ISTP
Romario= ?
Adriano= ?
Matic= ?
Andreas Christensen= ?
Eric Dier= ?
Mancini= ?
Carlo Ancelotti= ?
Patrick Viera= ?
Oliver Khan= ?
Gattuso= ?
Nani= ?
Luis Enrique= ESFP
Ronald Koeman= ISTP
Inzhagi= ?
De gea= ISTP
George Best= ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, I've been interested in Buffon for a while and I've thought of him as an ENFP because he is a spontaneous, emotional, humorous, goofy guy with funny faces but now I think ESFP. His talking is smooth(Ne doms are usually more random, jumpy in their expression style), he exudes a sensual charm rather than the mad professor charm of ENFP's and is talking a lot about 'normal' activities such as sex.
The only Intuitive I can see him being is an ENFP, but I still highly doubt it.
I certainly can't see him as an INFJ: an introverted, sage-like guy who is putting on a Fe facade.

123 Posts
Well, I've been interested in Buffon for a while and I've thought of him as an ENFP because he is a spontaneous, emotional, humorous, goofy guy with funny faces but now I think ESFP. His talking is smooth(Ne doms are usually more random, jumpy in their expression style), he exudes a sensual charm rather than the mad professor charm of ENFP's and is talking a lot about 'normal' activities such as sex.
The only Intuitive I can see him being is an ENFP, but I still highly doubt it.
I certainly can't see him as an INFJ: an introverted, sage-like guy who is putting on a Fe facade.
I agree

123 Posts
Hello.

The best footballers tend to be the Feelers rather than thinkers in various typing websites. They also tend to be Sensors rather than intuition users. So ISFJ,ISFP,ESFP and ESFJ are dominant in the sport. Andreas Iniesta is a J type he said he is so organised that he tries to organise other peoples lives.Raul is a Fe type rather than Te so I think he is ISFJ. Types with bad Se like INFJ have done better than ESTPs in the 21st century. A large majority part of the italian 2006 world cup winning squad was full of ENFPs and INFJs. Both Pirlo and Buffon are INFJs and they are part of the golden generation of italian players the 'brotherhood of azzuri' they have won like 10 champions leagues and world cups. So best footballers are usually ESFJ,ESFP,ISFP and ISFJ. In 2017 fiffa world best 11 7/8 were ISFJ,ESFJ,ESFP,ISFP in various mbti typing websites
Sergio Ramos= ESFP
Gabriel Jesus=ISFJ
Cristiano Ronaldo=ESFP
Toni Kroos= ISFJ
Buffon=INFJ
luka modric=INFP
Iniesta=ISFJ
Neymar=ESFP
Messi=ISFP
Marcelo=ESFJ
Gareth Bale=ISFP
Wayne Rooney=ISTP
Paul Scholes=INTP
Iker Casillas=INTP
Peter cech=INTP
Roy keane=ISTP
David Beckham=ISFP
Maldini=ISFJ
Frank Lampard=ENTP
Manuel Neuer=ISTJ
Marcus Rashford=ISTJ
xavi=ISTJ
Sergio Busquets= INTJ
Pep Guardiola=INTJ
Michael Carrick=ISTP
Ngolo Kante=ISFJ
Pele=ESFJ
Maradona=ESTP
Pavel Nedvěd=ISFJ
Steven Gerrard=ISTP
César Azpilicueta=ESFJ
Guti=INFP
Torres=INFP
Thiago Silva=INFP
Mesut ozil=INFP
Andrea Pirlo=INFJ
Jamie carragher=ESFJ
Harry Kane=ISTP
Sergio Aguero=ISFJ
Neymar=ESFP
Vincent Kompany=INTP
Thomas Muller=ENTP
Fabregas=ISFP
Carlos puyol=INFJ
Xabi Alonso=ESFP
Ronaldinho=ESFP
Gerad pique=ESTP
Ibrahimovic=ESTP
Juan Mata=INFJ
Drogba=ENFP
David luiz=ENFP
Fabio cannavaro=ENFP
Kaka=ESFJ
Zidane=ISFP
R9 Ronaldo=ESFP
Olivier Giroud=ESFP
Robert lewendowksi=ISTP
Luis Suarez=ISTP
Gary cahill=ISFJ
Eric cantona=ISTP
James Rodriguez=ISFJ
John Terry=ENFJ
Bastian Schweinsteiger=ENFJ
Matt Hummels=ESFJ
Didier Deschamps=ISTJ
Antonio Conte=ENTJ
Thierry Henry=ESFJ
Frank Ribery=ISFP
Johan Cryuff=ENTJ
Van persie=ESTP
Jamie Vardy=ESTP
Diego Costa=ESTP
Klose=ISTJ
Raul=ISFJ
Mario Gomez=ISTJ
Daniel Alves=ENFP
Casemiro=ISTP
Romario=ESTP
Adriano=ESFP
Matic=ISTP
Andreas Christensen=ISFJ
Eric Dier=ISFP
Mancini=ENTP
Carlo Ancelotti=ESFJ
Patrick Viera=ENTJ
Oliver Khan=ESTJ
Gattuso=ESTJ
Nani=ISFP
Luis Enrique=ESTJ
Ronald Koeman=ESTJ
Inzhagi=ENTP
De gea=ISTP
George Best=ISFP
Gattuso SP 6
Costa NF 9w8

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Antonio Conte - INFJ

Jurgen Klopp - ESFP

Alex Ferguson - ESTJ

Jose Mourinho - ENTJ

Pep Guardiola - INFJ

Carlo Ancelotti - ISTJ

Arsene Wenger - ISFJ

Lionel Messi - ISTP

Cristiano Ronaldo - ESFP

Toni Kroos - ISTJ

Buffon - INFJ

luka modric - ESFJ ??

Iniesta - INFJ

Neymar - ISFP

Sergio Ramos - ENTJ

Marcelo - ESFJ

Gareth Bale - ISFJ

Wayne Rooney - ISTP

Iker Casillas - INFP

Peter cech - INTJ

Frank Lampard - ENFP ??

Manuel Neuer - ISTJ

Maradona - ESTP

Torres - ISFP

Andrea Pirlo - INFP

Harry Kane - INTJ

Sergio Aguero - ISFJ

Mesut ozil - ENTP

Ibrahimovic - ENTP

Olivier Giroud - ESTP

Eric cantona - INTP

Bastian Schweinsteiger - ISTJ

Thierry Henry - ENFJ

Johan Cryuff - ENTJ

Van persie - ESTP

Diego Costa - ESTP

George Best - ESTP

·
Banned
20,076 Posts
Jurgen Klopp - ESFP
Klopp is definitely ENFP but I can understand why you would say ESFP.

Jose Mourinho - ENTJ
I've always swore that Mourinho is ENFJ but you are probably right.

Pep Guardiola - INFJ
INTJ.

Arsene Wenger - ISFJ
ISTJ.

Lionel Messi - ISTP
ISFP. He's similar to Mo Salah, or Salah is similar to him, and he's also an ISFP.

Frank Lampard - ENFP ??
ENTP.

Harry Kane - INTJ
I wouldn't know his type but he's not an INTJ.

Mesut ozil - ENTP
INFP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts