Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is some MBTI information if you desire informative explanation about the two rarest types of people overall, so that you're not looking at them like they came from a circus.

I'm going to explain INFJ, INTJ, INFP, and INTP, who seem the most misunderstood of the types in my opinion.

All eight cognitive functions are used every day.

Every conscious and unconscious cognitive function is its own function, and can but not always, be a servant to another function.

You have four conscious cognitive functions and four unconscious cognitive functions.

There are sixteen personality types in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator. Here is a link to help you process this.

The 16 Type Patterns

Also, before I start, there is conflict created through the idea that logical thinkers feel less. They place less value on feelings, that is all. They feel just fine. They categorize F and T types by their first or second conscious cognitive function. (Introverted and Extroverted feeling. Introverted and Extroverted thinking.)

You will commonly see sites express your first four conscious cognitive functions like this:

Dominant:
Auxilliary:
Tertiary:
Inferior:

Carl Jung explains the Inferior function as a doorway to the unconscious functions.

Your type does not change from INTJ to INFJ or INTP to INFP, vice versa. You develop your current conscious and unconscious functions as you grow. There are many theories based on growing up how this is to be made, one of which pointing at being born with the dominant function.

The best free test I've come across is this

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Another good source I found that is a shorter test, but useful to read.

http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

Here are steps to guess your type through another guide.

http://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Your-Myers-Briggs-Personality-Type

A source of where I explained cognitive functions by definition.

http://www.timeenoughforlove.org/Functions.htm

And the source for MBTI population statistics for each type.

http://www.theanconas.com/MBTI/mfstats.htm

Here is a link of Susan Cain expressing how Introverts should be allowed to be themselves.

http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html

First and second function is what makes you either a Sensing type, (Introverted or Extroverted sensing) or an iNtuitive type, Introverted or Extroverted intuition). If intuition is your first or second function, you are an N type. If your first or second function is sensing, you are an S type.

Intuitives think in the future of what will or could possibly be. Sensors think in the present moment.

First function is kind of like your way of living. Example: an extroverted sensor is fueled by physical experiences, so they will be the people who seek new experiences in the physical world.

Se(Extroverted sensing) is indiscriminant awareness of the physical environment. Se prefers to indulge in that which exists in the present moment.

Si(Introverted sensing) is awareness of concrete forms and categories of sensory perception. Si interprets stimuli in terms of the past. Si stores and recalls facts, figures and past situations.

While an introverted intuitive type is fueled by progress in development.

73% of the population are sensors by the statistics shown by the link I posted above. And while no statistics are based on a world population, meaning there are no statistics that are 100% true when it's theory based, there are careful studies by psychologists and plenty of evidence.

If you take a look at these statistics, 73% of the population are sensors. Making iNtuitives less than half the population, 26%. Which is why people like Albert Einstein are rare to find.

There are plenty of sites to see all eight cognitive functions defined, so that you aren't confused when you've begun reading this. There are a lot of sources that define the conscious and unconscious functions of each type.

Examples of iNtuitives(IN types) that inspire me.
Carl Jung, an INFJ.
Sherlock Holmes, an INTJ.
John Lennon, an INFP.
Albert Einstein, an INTP.

(INFJs and INTJs dominant conscious cognitive function) -> Introverted intuition seeks and finds new angles instead of the every day stereotypes, societal judgments, and assumptions through behavior that seems off the every day behaviors that should be used, but this really isn't true, society has just taught you to live a certain way and new perceptions will help you expand your consciousness.

INFJs first four conscious cognitive functions are Ni, Fe, Ti, Se.
INFJs unconscious cognitive functions are Ne, Fi, Te, Si.

INTJs first four conscious cognitive functions are Ni, Te, Fi, Se.
INTJs unconscious cognitive functions are Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.

I will offer a source for you to read the eight cognitive functions, but right now I am focused on the two types I believe are most misunderstood.

INFJ/INTJ dominant function: Ni(Introverted iNtuition) is the creation of mental imagery independent of outer stimuli. Ni generates abstract structural images of a given problem domain that a person can view from different points of view at will. Ni focuses on the structure of things from a timeless point of view.

INFJs second function(Auxillary): Fe(Extroverted feeling) is adapting one's interactions with the external world to the moods and feelings of others. Fe is sensitive to events like changes in people's expressions or other such "soft," hard-to-quantify conditions in the environment.

My way of thinking is through Ni, and Fe is a servent to INFJs Ni. My second conscious cognitive function is Fe.

So, the other dominant Ni user is INTJ. Their second conscious cognitive function is Te. INFJs Te is unconsciously used, less used and less harnessed. INTJ's Fe is unconsciously used, less used and less harnessed.

MBTI studies are from decades of research, testing and hard work.

Te(Extroverted thinking) is structuring one's interactions with the external world in a systematic fashion, based on logical and impersonal hierarchies and categories.

So even between these two types it takes time for them to really understand each others differences and it becomes more clear once you've interacted with one long enough, and I know these two types are commonly interested in taking the time to do a lot of research.

Naturally, an introvert who recharges by being alone, will have more time on their hands to do research. There are extroverts who spend more time researching than socializing. So keep your mind open.

Here is a link to explain the above.

How Introverts and Extroverts Can Peacefully Coexist

I'm typing through Fe, externally expressing a way for others to understand what I am saying, otherwise it would be written in a more complex manner and less would be written.

An INTJ would type through Te, with logical efficiency, making their wordings look less emotional, but they internalize their emotions the same that INFJs do.

Your dominant introverted function makes you introverted. Your dominant extroverted function makes you extroverted. There are scales for different people. Example: Some INFJs are better speakers than others, because they gain the skill to extrovert out loud through Fe, their auxilliary function, or they can be more extroverted in general than other INFJs.

I've tested to be 100% introverted overall, making me speak my mind less and thinking more than many others, while tests are never 100% accurate it seems, I would say this is correct.

Ni is like a journal consistently being built up and taking new angles at things that most others have not.

An INFJ will use Ni with Fe to understand emotions and people, with the desire to develop people into their own best, commonly seeking a career such as counseling.

An INTJ will use Ni with Te to understand logical efficiency, like building something complex in the external world, optimizing their relationship and structures. Commonly seeking a career that involves politics or science. It is said that the INTJ is the most likely type to cure cancer.

To make INTP and INFP more clear, they use their functions differently than both INTJ/INFJ.

Here's how:

Onto INFP.

INFP's first conscious cognitive function is Introverted feeling, Fi.

INFP's Dominant: Fi(Introverted feeling) is judging perceptions emotionally, based on weight of evidence. Fi as a mental process is the flow of judgements on perceptions personal ideals or feeling of right and wrong. Fi strives for integrity and consistency in it's ideals. Fi is higher cognitive refinement personal emotion. Fi enables one to vividly re-experience past feelings.

INFP's second conscious cognitive function is extroverted iNtuition, seen above.

INTP dominant function: Ti(Introverted thinking) is judging the validity of perceptions logically. Ti as a mental process is a collection of threads of thought taking concepts or percepts apart or pulling them together based on rules and criteria.

In other words, Ti is like internal logic.

INFJs third conscious cognitive function is Ti, less used, but still there. More developed in the teen years, then onto adulthood it becomes more prominent and understood through self awareness.

INTJs third conscious cognitive function is Fi, less used, but still there. More developed in the teen years, then onto adulthood it becomes more prominent and understood through self awareness.

So, back on INTP.

Their second cognitive function is Ne.

Ne(Extroverted intuition) is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

Ti is good with mathematics with internal logic, this is how Albert Einstein did so well with creating math problems and solutions.

So if you're seeing someone who acts very oddly, but are very smart people. Chances are you're judging them wrong. Pay attention to the people you see around you, and appreciate it or dislike it for what it really is.

If I did ENFP, ENTP, ENFJ, ENTJ, it would practically be flipped, just about Extroverted iNtuitive behavior instead of Introverted iNtuitive behavior through logic and feeling preference.

I desired to write a guide so that people aren't going around calling the Introverted iNtuitives weird or misunderstanding them by calling them lazy, sad, or antisocial. There are Extroverts that are antisocial. Again, try to keep your mind open.

This should help people understand the behaviors of those you may have had no clue about before.

There is no wise person by default, there is no intellectual by default. It's all in how you use your mind, and your choices through which you use it.

And please, if this is not well written enough for you to understand, I will focus on just explaining the functions individually. If you do not want to understand the world around you, that is what they call ignorance.

To end this, I will write the eight functions for each introverted intuitive type in order.

INFJ - (Conscious cognitive functions) Ni, Fe, Ti, Se. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Ne, Fi, Te, Si.

INTJ - (Conscious cognitive functions) Ni, Te, Fi, Se. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.

INFP - (Conscious cognitive functions) Fi, Ne, Si, Te. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Fe, Ni, Se, Ti.

INTP - (Conscious cognitive functions) Ti, Ne, Si, Fe. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Te, Ni, Se, Fi.

Remember that the cognitive functions are expressed at different levels and through way of living. There are plenty of sources to give you more information. This guide should be well enough to get you started.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
INFJ/INTJ dominant function: Ni(Introverted iNtuition) is the creation of mental imagery independent of outer stimuli. Ni generates abstract structural images of a given problem domain that a person can view from different points of view at will. Ni focuses on the structure of things from a timeless point of view.
I disagree with this description.

Ni is a perceiving function. It perceives. It doesn't create anything, including "mental imagery." The reason we see a lot of imagery from Ni-doms is because the Ni layer of reality - the layer of reality that Ni perceives - isn't accessible to more direct language in many current cultural systems. And it might also be that whatever Ni allows us to perceive can only be adequately communicated in the language of metaphor/imagery as it could be perceiving a layer of reality that is pre-linguistic by its nature.

This next is probably more controversial, so I'll say this is what it is for me specifically: Ni in me is not "independent of outer stimuli." It's just that "outer" layer that Ni perceives from is not recognized by western culture as a valid shared reality. It's also possible that Ni can only perceive through a portal that's more internal by its nature, but I don't know that this is true for real, or if it has only become true within a cultural system that so viciously denies that certain layers of actual reality are "real."

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I disagree with this description.

Ni is a perceiving function. It perceives. It doesn't create anything, including "mental imagery." The reason we see a lot of imagery from Ni-doms is because the Ni layer of reality - the layer of reality that Ni perceives - isn't accessible to more direct language in many current cultural systems. And it might also be that whatever Ni allows us to perceive can only be adequately communicated in the language of metaphor/imagery as it could be perceiving a layer of reality that is pre-linguistic by its nature.

This next is probably more controversial, so I'll say this is what it is for me specifically: Ni in me is not "independent of outer stimuli." It's just that "outer" layer that Ni perceives from is not recognized by western culture as a valid shared reality. It's also possible that Ni can only perceive through a portal that's more internal by its nature, but I don't know that this is true for real, or if it has only become true within a cultural system that so viciously denies that certain layers of actual reality are "real."
Can you try to explain this in less words? I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say here. It looks like you defied the invention of Ni definition by Carl Jung, then made it how you see it with your own definition?

Are you saying Ni has mental blocks from cultural systems?

Ni allows you to create perceptions uniquely made by intuition itself, allowing you to understand things at a new angle. You created mental imagery by defining Ni in your own way it seems. You took something and turned it into a new way to see things. The way I see it, every type has a different understanding of reality based on experience too and not just cognitive functions - not just Ni based.

If you want to define Ni, you would have to create a whole new system to have it make sense.

Please let me know what you think.

Reactions: Aquarian

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Can you try to explain this in less words? I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say here. It looks like you defied the invention of Ni definition by Carl Jung, then made it how you see it with your own definition?

Are you saying Ni has mental blocks from cultural systems?

Ni allows you to create perceptions uniquely made by intuition itself, allowing you to understand things at a new angle. You created mental imagery by defining Ni in your own way it seems. You took something and turned it into a new way to see things. The way I see it, every type has a different understanding of reality based on experience too and not just cognitive functions - not just Ni based.

If you want to define Ni, you would have to create a whole new system to have it make sense.

Please let me know what you think.
Let me try (!) to cut to the bare bones.

I experience a difference between perception and creation. When I am walking outside, I don't "create" the gorgeous vivid green-leafed trees - I see them. They exist whether I see them or not.

Similarly, what I perceive as my Ni landscape would exist whether I perceive it or not. It would exist whether or not I exist. It IS. I do not create it. I perceive it.

I'll start there and see where it goes next. There's probably a second piece related to the introverted orientation but that would add more words and maybe it's easier to go step by step in the dialogue.

(And you know, if Jung didn't get that Ni perceives something real, then yeah I myself would diverge from his theory on that point.)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me try (!) to cut to the bare bones.

I experience a difference between perception and creation. When I am walking outside, I don't "create" the gorgeous vivid green-leafed trees - I see them. They exist whether I see them or not.

Similarly, what I perceive as my Ni landscape would exist whether I perceive it or not. It would exist whether or not I exist. It IS. I do not create it. I perceive it.

I'll start there and see where it goes next. There's probably a second piece related to the introverted orientation but that would add more words and maybe it's easier to go step by step in the dialogue.

(And you know, if Jung didn't get that Ni perceives something real, then yeah I myself would diverge from his theory on that point.)
Though there are many realistic perceptions that come from Ni, it's a matter of understanding if you are right or wrong, don't you agree with that one? Though, there are theories that everything we see is wrong, even trees could look different than all humans see because human can be reacting for the essence of survival instinct, but that may be going a little too far. People take consistency for most likely true or fact. Also perceptions of your own feelings, pain is a definite real one. Understanding of meaning and symbols could be realistic through Ni, right? Meaning of feelings, meanings and symbols, perceptions that are effective. For example..

I've had perceptions that brought me the feeling of peace. So in reaction, something positive came from Ni, giving me a sense of hope and not false hope. Enlightenment through meditation, etc. So I would say Ni is a gift that brings realistic results? A journal that builds up, testing until you figure out just what is the right thing to do, which perceptions work.

Reactions: Aquarian

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Though there are many realistic perceptions that come from Ni, it's a matter of understanding if you are right or wrong, don't you agree with that one? Though, there are theories that everything we see is wrong, even trees could look different than all humans see because human can be reacting for the essence of survival instinct, but that may be going a little too far. People take consistency for most likely true or fact. Also perceptions of your own feelings, pain is a definite real one. Understanding of meaning and symbols could be realistic through Ni, right? Meaning of feelings, meanings and symbols, perceptions that are effective. For example..

I've had perceptions that brought me the feeling of peace. So in reaction, something positive came from Ni, giving me a sense of hope and not false hope. Enlightenment through meditation, etc. So I would say Ni is a gift that brings realistic results? A journal that builds up, testing until you figure out just what is the right thing to do, which perceptions work.
I think we're not able to communicate well on this. I can't tell why. I'm sorry!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think we're not able to communicate well on this. I can't tell why. I'm sorry!
I think what you're saying is, the function itself, minus the other functions - it is imagination and possibilities, so if we removed all the other functions and only place Ni in use, we would be blind to reality completely. Yes? Because Ni requires logic/feeling to do something more with it into the external world. Some say Ni guides your instincts, too, though.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I think what you're saying is, the function itself, minus the other functions - it is imagination and possibilities, so if we removed all the other functions and only place Ni in use, we would be blind to reality completely. Yes?
NO!!

Not at all. I'm not saying that Ni is imagination and possibilities. I'm also not saying Ni alone would be blind to reality. I don't experience it like that at ALL. In fact, that would be the opposite of how I experience it.

Because Ni requires logic/feeling to do something more with it into the external world.
Depends what "external world" means.

Some say Ni guides your instincts, too, though.
Ni-Se is an excellent source of gut level information, for me.

In general: I appreciate you trying to understand, but seriously, we just keep not making sense to each other.

I'm sorry I confused what you're working on by posting my initial comment. It's a pet peeve of mine when people say Ni creates or builds rather than perceives, so I said something, but for whatever reason, we're not getting any clearer via dialogue.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO!!

Not at all. I'm not saying that Ni is imagination and possibilities. I'm also not saying Ni alone would be blind to reality. I don't experience it like that at ALL. In fact, that would be the opposite of how I experience it.

Depends what "external world" means.

Ni-Se is an excellent source of gut level information, for me.

In general: I appreciate you trying to understand, but seriously, we just keep not making sense to each other.

I'm sorry I confused what you're working on by posting my initial comment. It's a pet peeve of mine when people say Ni creates or builds rather than perceives, so I said something, but for whatever reason, we're not getting any clearer via dialogue.
I see.

Well, I know that Ni works as all three, creating, building and perceiving. Ideas being found is which the bases of creation is expressed, building is expressed by finding more and more ideas, perceiving them. Ni is in fact filled with imagination and finds concepts. Ni is very conceptual.

Se is where things are seen as reality, that which "is". Extroverted sensing is seeing things that are reality, seen objectively.

I explain this because some people told me they got confused by this. So I am just trying to clarify things, I apologize for any of the stress here.

Also, what I meant by external world is how Ni works with Fe, Te. Extroverted feeling(INFJ) and extroverted thinking(INTJ) in the external world.

Here is a link to express how INFJs will use Ni with Se.

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-art...ress-brings-out-infjs-hidden-personality.html

Hopefully your pet peeve can be relaxed when seeing what creating/building through Ni means.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've edited the MBTI Guide a little bit for more information and links. If someone requests I write a guide for EN, ES, and IS types, I will gladly do so, and do my absolute best.

Here is some MBTI information if you desire informative explanation about the two rarest types of people overall, so that you're not looking at them like they came from a circus.

I'm going to explain INFJ, INTJ, INFP, and INTP, who seem the most misunderstood of the types in my opinion.

Every conscious and unconscious cognitive function is its own function, and can but not always, be a servant to another function.

You have four conscious cognitive functions and four unconscious cognitive functions.

There are sixteen personality types in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator. Here is a link to help you process this.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm

Here is another link to guide you about the sixteen personality types. The face icon, the three arrow icon, the heart icon and the tree icon will guide you to a lot of information about each type.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/info.html

Also, before I start, there is conflict created through the idea that logical thinkers feel less. They place less value on feelings, that is all. They feel just fine. They categorize F and T types by their first or second conscious cognitive function. (Introverted and Extroverted feeling. Introverted and Extroverted thinking.)

You will commonly see sites express your first four conscious cognitive functions like this:

Dominant:
Auxilliary:
Tertiary:
Inferior:

Carl Jung explains the Inferior function as a doorway to the unconscious functions.

Your type does not change from INTJ to INFJ or INTP to INFP, vice versa. You develop your current conscious and unconscious functions as you grow. There are many theories based on growing up how this is to be made, one of which pointing at being born with the dominant function.

The best free test I've come across is this.

How to Determine Your Myers Briggs Personality Type: 7 Steps

Here is a link of Susan Cain expressing how Introverts should be allowed to be themselves.

First and second function is what makes you either a Sensing type, (Introverted or Extroverted sensing) or an iNtuitive type, Introverted or Extroverted intuition). If intuition is your first or second function, you are an N type. If your first or second function is sensing, you are an S type.

Intuitives think in the future of what will or could possibly be. Sensors think in the present moment.

First function is kind of like your way of living. Example: an extroverted sensor is fueled by physical experiences, so they will be the people who seek new experiences in the physical world.

Se(Extroverted sensing) is indiscriminant awareness of the physical environment. Se prefers to indulge in that which exists in the present moment.

Si(Introverted sensing) is awareness of concrete forms and categories of sensory perception. Si interprets stimuli in terms of the past. Si stores and recalls facts, figures and past situations.

73% of the population are sensors by the statistics shown by the link I posted above. And while no statistics are based on a world population, meaning there are no statistics that are 100% true when it's theory based, there are careful studies by psychologists and plenty of evidence.

If you take a look at these statistics, 73% of the population are sensors. Making iNtuitives less than half the population, 26%. Which is why people like Albert Einstein are rare to find.

There are plenty of sites to see all eight cognitive functions defined, so that you aren't confused when you've begun reading this. There are a lot of sources that define the conscious and unconscious functions of each type.

Carl Jung, an INFJ.
John Lennon, an INFP.

(INFJs and INTJs dominant conscious cognitive function) -> Introverted intuition seeks and finds new angles instead of the every day stereotypes, societal judgments, and assumptions through behavior that seems off the every day behaviors that should be used, but this really isn't true, society has just taught you to live a certain way and new perceptions will help you expand your consciousness.

Here are two links that helped me understand myself very well.

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/75929-most-accurate-analysis-infj.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-art...ress-brings-out-infjs-hidden-personality.html

INFJs second function(Auxillary): Fe(Extroverted feeling) is adapting one's interactions with the external world to the moods and feelings of others. Fe is sensitive to events like changes in people's expressions or other such "soft," hard-to-quantify conditions in the environment.

My way of thinking is through Ni, and Fe is a servent to INFJs Ni. My second conscious cognitive function is Fe.

So, the other dominant Ni user is INTJ. Their second conscious cognitive function is Te. INFJs Te is unconsciously used, less used and less harnessed. INTJ's Fe is unconsciously used, less used and less harnessed.

Te(Extroverted thinking) is structuring one's interactions with the external world in a systematic fashion, based on logical and impersonal hierarchies and categories.

So even between these two types it takes time for them to really understand each others differences and it becomes more clear once you've interacted with one long enough, and I know these two types are commonly interested in taking the time to do a lot of research.

Naturally, an introvert who recharges by being alone, will have more time on their hands to do research. There are extroverts who spend more time researching than socializing. So keep your mind open.

http://lifehacker.com/how-introverts-and-extroverts-can-peacefully-coexist-638422576

I'm typing through Fe, externally expressing a way for others to understand what I am saying, otherwise it would be written in a more complex manner and less would be written.

An INTJ would type through Te, with logical efficiency, making their wordings look less emotional, but they internalize their emotions the same that INFJs do.

Your dominant introverted function makes you introverted. Your dominant extroverted function makes you extroverted. There are scales for different people. Example: Some INFJs are better speakers than others, because they gain the skill to extrovert out loud through Fe, their auxilliary function, or they can be more extroverted in general than other INFJs.

I've tested to be 100% introverted overall, making me speak my mind less and thinking more than many others, while tests are never 100% accurate it seems, I would say this is correct.

Ni is like a journal consistently being built up and taking new angles at things that most others have not.

An INFJ will use Ni with Fe to understand emotions and people, with the desire to develop people into their own best, commonly seeking a career such as counseling.

An INTJ will use Ni with Te to understand logical efficiency, like building something complex in the external world, optimizing their relationship and structures. Commonly seeking a career that involves politics or science. It is said that the INTJ is the most likely type to cure cancer.

To make INTP and INFP more clear, they use their functions differently than both INTJ/INFJ.

Here's how:

Onto INFP.

INFP's Dominant: Fi(Introverted feeling) is judging perceptions emotionally, based on weight of evidence. Fi as a mental process is the flow of judgements on perceptions personal ideals or feeling of right and wrong. Fi strives for integrity and consistency in it's ideals. Fi is higher cognitive refinement personal emotion. Fi enables one to vividly re-experience past feelings.

INFP's second conscious cognitive function is extroverted iNtuition, seen above.

INTP dominant function: Ti(Introverted thinking) is judging the validity of perceptions logically. Ti as a mental process is a collection of threads of thought taking concepts or percepts apart or pulling them together based on rules and criteria.

INFJs third conscious cognitive function is Ti, less used, but still there. More developed in the teen years, then onto adulthood it becomes more prominent and understood through self awareness.

INTJs third conscious cognitive function is Fi, less used, but still there. More developed in the teen years, then onto adulthood it becomes more prominent and understood through self awareness.

So, back on INTP.

Ne(Extroverted intuition) is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

Ti is good with mathematics with internal logic, this is how Albert Einstein did so well with creating math problems and solutions.

So if you're seeing someone who acts very oddly, but are very smart people. Chances are you're judging them wrong. Pay attention to the people you see around you, and appreciate it or dislike it for what it really is.

If I did ENFP, ENTP, ENFJ, ENTJ, it would practically be flipped, just about Extroverted iNtuitive behavior instead of Introverted iNtuitive behavior through logic and feeling preference.

I desired to write a guide so that people aren't going around calling the Introverted iNtuitives weird or misunderstanding them by calling them lazy, sad, or antisocial. There are Extroverts that are antisocial. Again, try to keep your mind open.

This should help people understand the behaviors of those you may have had no clue about before.

There is no wise person by default, there is no intellectual by default. It's all in how you use your mind, and your choices through which you use it.

And please, if this is not well written enough for you to understand, I will focus on just explaining the functions individually. If you do not want to understand the world around you, that is what they call ignorance.

To end this, I will write the eight functions for each introverted intuitive type in order.

INFJ - (Conscious cognitive functions) Ni, Fe, Ti, Se. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Ne, Fi, Te, Si.

INTJ - (Conscious cognitive functions) Ni, Te, Fi, Se. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.

INFP - (Conscious cognitive functions) Fi, Ne, Si, Te. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Fe, Ni, Se, Ti.

INTP - (Conscious cognitive functions) Ti, Ne, Si, Fe. (Unconscious cognitive functions) Te, Ni, Se, Fi.

Remember that the cognitive functions are expressed at different levels and through way of living. There are plenty of sources to give you more information. This guide should be well enough to get you started, extrovert or introvert.

Reactions: Drakael

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Edited for more information.

Here is some MBTI information if you desire informative explanation about the two rarest types of people overall, so that you're not looking at them like they came from a circus. I say two because I placed more information about these two types. This guide will involve four types.

The order at which I start the guide off is unrelated. I do not think any IN is better than the next.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm

Here is another link to guide you about the sixteen personality types. The face icon, the three arrow icon, the heart icon and the tree icon will guide you to a lot of information about each type.

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/info.html

Also, before I start, there is conflict created through the idea that logical thinkers feel less. They place less value on feelings, that is all. They feel just fine. They categorize F and T types by their first or second conscious cognitive function. (Introverted and Extraverted feeling. Introverted and Extraverted thinking.)

Dominant:
Auxilliary:
Tertiary:
Inferior:

The best free test I've come across is this.

http://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Your-Myers-Briggs-Personality-Type

Another great read for INFJ that I've found.

http://www.impunity.biz/faeriegrotto/INFJ.pdf

Another great read for INTJ that I've found.

http://www.typelogic.com/intj.html

Another great read for INFP that I've found.

http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

Another great read for INTP that I've found.

http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

Most of these links lead to other amazing reads about every type.

First or second function is what makes you either a Sensing type, (Introverted or Extraverted sensing) or an iNtuitive type, Introverted or Extraverted iNtuition). If iNtuition is your first or second function, you are an N type. If your first or second function is sensing, you are an S type. First or second function will be Feeling or Thinking based. So you'll either be a thinking sensor, feeling sensor, thinking iNtuitive, feeling iNtuitive. It is more prominent if you are an NF or NT. SJ and SP is categorized in forums because P/J is more prominent a difference in sensors.

First function is kind of like your way of living. Example: an extraverted sensor is fueled by physical experiences, so they will be the people who seek new experiences in the physical world.

Se(Extraverted sensing) is indiscriminant awareness of the physical environment. Se prefers to indulge in that which exists in the present moment.

Carl Jung, an INFJ.
John Lennon, an INFP.

Here are two links that helped me understand myself very well.

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/75929-most-accurate-analysis-infj.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/68718-really-me-how-stress-brings-out-infjs-hidden-personality.html

INFJs second function(Auxillary): Fe(Extraverted feeling) is adapting one's interactions with the external world to the moods and feelings of others. Fe is sensitive to events like changes in people's expressions or other such "soft," hard-to-quantify conditions in the environment.

Te(Extraverted thinking) is structuring one's interactions with the external world in a systematic fashion, based on logical and impersonal hierarchies and categories.

Naturally, an introvert who recharges by being alone, will have more time on their hands to do research. There are extraverts who spend more time researching than socializing. So keep your mind open.

How Introverts and Extroverts Can Peacefully Coexist

Your dominant introverted function makes you introverted. Your dominant extraverted function makes you extraverted. There are scales for different people. Example: Some INFJs are better speakers than others, because they gain the skill to extravert out loud through Fe, their auxilliary function, or they can be more extraverted in general than other INFJs.

Here's how:

Onto INFP.

INFP's second conscious cognitive function is extraverted iNtuition.

Ne(Extraverted intuition) is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

So, back on INTP.

If I did ENFJ, ENTJ, ENFP, ENTP, it would practically be flipped, just about Extraverted iNtuitive behavior instead of Introverted iNtuitive behavior through logic and feeling preference.

I desired to write a guide so that people aren't going around calling the Introverted iNtuitives weird or misunderstanding them by calling them lazy, sad, or antisocial. There are Extraverts that are antisocial. Again, try to keep your mind open.

If you are interested in MBTI, try to remember the primary axis of the two first conscious cognitive functions because they are the two functions most used, and the third function is less used, think about it as the function you return to or use at certain times. Then look at the fourth function as a doorway to your unconscious. The cognitive function that may or may not cause issues for your other functions, and usually can cause paradoxes and pitfalls but sometimes helps in other areas. Any function can have strengths and weaknesses at each level and at each way they are used individually and combined with other functions.

The descriptions of each type come from how that type uses their cognitive functions.

Remember that the cognitive functions are expressed at different levels and through way of living. There are plenty of sources to give you more information. This guide should be well enough to get you started, extravert or introvert. Functions are not all that matter, it's how the functions are used with each other that matter. Many scenarios can be imagined through which they are used, but the broadness is too broad to explain them. It is more simple to figure out your type before you go crazy on the cognitive functions. If someone makes a request for me to write a guide for EN, ES, and IS types, I will gladly do so, and do my absolute best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts