Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nah...i meant before i knew about this (MBTI)

I always wanted to be something that had a lot of strategy and such and desired to be very intellectual. Friend gave me a test who ironically is a INTJ and i did it, i came out an ISFP. Didn't look into a lot at first but then searched and i found out what i wanted to be was (ISTP/INTJ) as those are the really intellectual and innovative types.
Understandable. Everyone wants to be one of us (ENTP) :wink:
But seriously, a four letter code does not define your life. Yeah, its pretty darn accurate but its just a base to the person you are. You are an onion, many layers, and ISFP is only one of them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Don't spit at your parents, it isn't their fault you aren't an INTJ.:dry:
I have little understanding of ISFP types but it seems you have some growing up to do. But the good news, realization is the first step to self improvement. Good job..

just know ISFP is not a box to keep you in but merely a guideline to help freaks like me categorize people to attempt to understand them. You decide if you want to allow yourself to stay inside the normal and be another sheep or find inner peace and growth. Be more. I am sure plenty of ISFP are great strategist, plus, I suck at chess...
Also I just realized this is over two years old. Great observation skills here..

I wonder if this guy is a sociopath.
what is the probability his parents were murdered and he is in prison? Is that bad? Sorry..I am actually curious and a bit concerned. I looked through some of his other posts and he asked how to be a strategist and manipulate people. Did he want to be a strategist to be the next Hitler? Meh, oh well.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
MBTI is just a small sliver of who you are. Being an ENTJ doesn't mean that I have to become a jerk CEO, and you being an ISFP doesn't mean you can't be an intellectual.

·
Registered
607 Posts
edit: I just found out this is from 2011. opps :blushed:...For anyone who feels similar to the op in regards to telling yourself you can't pursue your goals, I'll leave this post to you.

Suck it up and pursue your goals. If you never even try, than nothing will happen. You have to make things happen. There are no guarantees that every one of your goals will happen. If you don't even try however, I promise you that none of your goals will happen. It is far worse you look back and wonder what would have happen if you had tried than to have tried and failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keep in mind there are different types of strategy. Often when we think of strategy we assume logical big picture thinkers who are highly systemic (NTJ). However, interpersonal strategy is important and an F would likely find that natural. The concrete steps needed to carry out a big picture need strategy as well. You may very well find yourself naturally adept at creating strategy for organizing people. Also, for the record, P's can create strategic plans, we just aren't always good at carrying them out (speaking as someone more P myself). It may be your perceiving (and social) tendency that is drawing you to leadership and strategy instead of routine, everyday tasks. So instead of despairing, find the right leadership/strategy opportunities.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mass hysteria. I am an INTJ. Like others in this thread have said, every type in MBTI is a four letter code, and it does not define you. Sometimes I, myself, hate my type, it's stressful and depressing to have other people squabble below you while self-depreciating themselves while hoisting me and what I'm supposed to represent far above them. Sure, sometimes it's nice, but more often than not I want to complain that they should be up here two, or that being an INTJ is not all I am, it does no define me, and having a set destiny, even if it's one where you're good at everything, is pretty depressing. I don't want to be good at things, I want to be free, I want choice, I want to be happy, I want to change the world on my own accord and terms, not that of my type.

Be all of what I just said isn't the point I'm trying to get across. The point is.

We are all human. We are all only and always human. There can never be anything about us that is more than human. You can accomplish as much as any other human if you want to, and you can beat yourself up about being human all you want too.
But we don't. Do we? We are all human and we have to accept ourselves as human in order to do anything. Just because you're an ISTP, doesn't mean you should beat yourself up about it, that's just like beating yourself up about being human. It's stupid and you can't change it however much you try. it makes no sense.

Also, 5 times out of 10, someone will beat me at chess. Keep your head up.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Not literally
but i used to have high hopes and shit and always used to think that hard work can get me to places and even surpass those with a natural talent for it, but then the MBTI came along and ever since then i've been trying to see how i can change it and my hopes have gone DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. I am an ISFP, i can't be a strategist like i've always wanted to because i ain't naturally born at it (INTJ). I can't be (ISTP).

Now i'm always watching shows, reading books thinking of what should be but not.
That isn't the best way to look at it. Either you can do strategy or you can't; MBTI can't affect your abilities. You can use it as a reason for why you can't do it, but it doesn't affect your lack of ability at that one way or the other.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Swap MBTI type for IQ rating, perceived attractiveness, skill levels or any other 'I am not-cannot do... [insert comparative or negative 'loss'] and it all amounts to the same thing; low self confidence and devils play (self defeating insecurity) seeking what is perceived to be missing.

Previously downrating myself for testing as someone with average IQ while study capabilities are disproportionately higher (advanced much later in my 20's), over time realising that these qualities alone mean little without self compassion, emotional intelligence, positive self talk and the autonomy to seek worthy goals that we can actually complete for no one else but ourselves.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.