Personality Cafe banner

Choose which is closest to you

• I have always typed myself as my current type and am very sure it is correct

Votes: 73 19.6%
  • I have always typed as my current type, but I sometimes doubt my type

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • I have always typed as my current type, but I have uncertainties about my type

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • I have mistyped before, but now I am very sure this is my correct type

Votes: 139 37.4%
  • I have mistyped before, and I sometimes doubt my type

Votes: 70 18.8%
  • I have mistyped before, and I still have uncertainties about my type

Votes: 38 10.2%
  • I have no idea what my type is. :O

Votes: 13 3.5%
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have often heard people complaining about mistyping etc. etc.

I don't think it is such a big deal, I know lots of people who intially mistyped themselves. I think the journey to discover your type and be sure that is your type is about learning, both on how MBTI works and about yourself.

But I am curious to know just what proportion of people on PerC have changed their mind about their type and how sure they are that they have the correct type now.

So, what type are you, and what type have you mistyped as?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I've mistyped as an INFP. I tested again, but as an ENFP, but now I'm starting to think I'm an xNFJ. I'm almost certain I'm an NF, though.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Haha well.. I have a fairly extreme story about this, but just in case history repeats itself, I'll leave out most of the details and say that an egregious mistyping led to a multi-month long mess that ended with me in PTSD, and my several month absence on these forums.
If you would like to know more, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
I was mistyped as INTP but I am for sure INFP.

Reactions: Angaliene

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I've mistyped as an ISTJ, INTP, INFP, ENTJ, and ENTP in the five long years I've been interested MBTI. Because of this I still have my doubts, but I'm pretty sure now that I am an INTJ.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I've known my MBTI for 4 years,
with about 3 years and a bit of those being me thinking I am ENFJ,
But upon the studying of functions,
And the revelation that I am indeed introverted,
INFJ seems to fit me excellently!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I've always typed myself as INFP, and I've never really had any doubts about it either.

Reactions: Angaliene

·
Registered
385 Posts
I used to test as ESFP because of circumstances going on in my life at that time, but I realized ISFP fits me much better.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I got INTJ the first time I took the test and am sure of the result 100%.. read about it and everything and it accurately describes me to the point of being creepy.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I've mistyped as INFP, ISTP and INTP. I think I'm an ENTP now but I can't be entirely sure. I'm not as immersed in this stuff as I was before, anyway. It doesn't really matter to me that much now.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I've mistyped many times. I'm still very much unsure about my type now. I'm also wondering which MBTI type would be the most compatible with me, so that I can find the best match for myself and get it right this time. First things first, I've to be sure about which MBTI type is truly mine first, before confirming anything.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I have always typed primarily as INFP, but depending on the test I sometimes got (and still get) INTP. For awhile I considered it. Then I learned about cognitive functions and nope. INFP with zero doubt.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have often heard people complaining about mistyping etc. etc.
I don't think it is such a big deal, I know lots of people who intially mistyped themselves. I think the journey to discover your type and be sure that is your type is about learning, both on how MBTI works and about yourself.
But I am curious to know just what proportion of people on PerC have changed their mind about their type and how sure they are that they have the correct type now.
So, what type are you, and what type have you mistyped as?
I'm pretty sure I'm ISTP. I've mistyped as INTP and INFJ. Once I even tested as INFP but I knew that was wrong.

My biggest issue was that if I was mistyped, that all of my contributions to the type subforums might become void. My expertise and knowledge on the subject might become challenged by people just because I couldn't get my own type right and therefore obviously I don't know anything about MBTI theory. Which is completely bogus. You can have no self-knowledge but have a lot of knowledge about how other people work and how a theory works.

I don't really care if others think they are mistyped. How do I know them better than they know themselves (unless they are obviously full of bull)?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have always typed primarily as INFP, but depending on the test I sometimes got (and still get) INTP. For awhile I considered it. Then I learned about cognitive functions and nope. INFP with zero doubt.
^Somewhat the opposite of this.
I've always typed myself as INTP, most of my friends and acquaintances type me as INTP. My INTJ sister and INFJ mom seemed adamant that I'm an INFP, so I started considering it and found that I do relate to INFP's quite a bit. Settled on my Ti still being higher than Fi, explained to my sister and she says "I was screwing with you, you're obviously NT." (I'm still not sure where she was screwing with me, in the end or when she typed me as NF.)
Not that their types for me matter.

Since researching INFP, I sometimes doubt my Ti being higher than Fi, but I figure it doesn't really matter. The 16-type MBTI is way too small to accommodate every possible combination of cognitive functions, and there isn't any intuitively obvious objective or quantifiable method for finding out exactly with complete certainty what your cognitive function order is.

·
Banned
374 Posts
I originally typed as INFP when I first found out about MBTI while derping around on teh interwebz at age 13. I had absolutely no background on it, so I saw the type descriptions and was like "Gasp these all seem like me!"

What's sort of funny is I didn't understand anything except for the I/E dichotomy. So, I was actually worse off than almost everyone. But I wasn't a total idiot. I just landed on INFP and at the time, it really fit me as I was in a withdrawn state. I dropped the matter soon after but came back to it this year ~3 years later and was immediately like, "INFP isn't me..."

Then I stumbled upon the ENFP description and accepted it after the idea sunk in. Since then, I've never doubted my type. It was actually really easy for me...once I tried. Even typing based on the letters alone during ideal circumstances (when I'm not being forced into introversion), I'd get ENFP. But yeah! Figuring out the cognitive functions a few months ago just reinforced my adamant belief that I'm an ENFP. Woohoo!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Back in my early teens I typed as ENFP, which made sense being I was rather naive and spastic.

Now, I blame the internet for my sociopathy.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I'm an INTP trapped in an INTJ's mind.

Reactions: Dewymorning

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I typed as INFJ when I first took the test in High School.
Testing for a career planning class in College revealed me to be an ENFP
Online tests result in INTP lately.
Survey on this forum labeled me ESFP.

At this point, the question of which is right just doesn't plague me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I originally typed myself as INTP. I definitely use Ne more than Ti - I have way too many crazy ideas. I mistaked dislike of most people for introversion.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts