Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my mind was spacing out the other day and I began to think "What would happen if we got one of all the sixteen MBTI types, put them in an arena, and forced them to kill each other until only one victor is left?"

Hmmmm... your opinions on which type would win and why?

Oh, and for those of you who haven't read the Hunger Games yet: the arena is basically a huge forest / meadow area that is stocked with food, supplies, and animals. So it would be like a strategy game in a sense, except there are no respawns. Haha.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If it were like the Hunger Games, then we'd get a two week period of training. I would use this time, inbetween training, to researchthe other types. With that knowlegde, I'd play them all like a fiddle.:proud: Wait, will there be two of each type? If there are, that makes it that much harder.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
ENTJ.
They have Se and probably a good sense of direction and good sense of what's around them.
They're good at strategy.
They think ahead.
They're charming.

or
ESTP.
They have Se " " " ".
They're probably good at inventing and using tools.
They're charming.

Probably not an F type because they might get emotionally attached. I'm stereotyping here.

I'm an INTP, and the only way I could win the Hunger Games is with my superior hide and seek skills (mostly hiding skills) and with the fact that I usually don't notice hunger.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'd worm my way into everybody's hearts. I'd become friends with everyone and start a rebellion. ^^ Haha. And then I'd realize that the folks in the capitol are really all just in need of a psychologist, so I'd take on that role and make everything a happy, peaceful place.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
ISTP seems reasonable, but I still think an ESTP would do better just because how one does in the games depends very much on whether or not one gets sponsors. I think extraverts would do better in that area. ESTPs tend to be very charming (compared to ISTPs, who have inferior Fe). ISTPs are often seen as awkward or even stuck up.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't want to seem like a cocky SOB on this one, but I'll do it anyway.

ISTP in hunger games:

I: Strong listener, don't need people to survive. Covert operations. Quiet mofos.
S: Very in tune with their senses, great attention to details, LOVES nature, crazy survival instinct.
T: When it comes to survival...don't give a *@$& who dies. (This one can be universal) Pokerface - can't see their emotions, can't be figured out.
P: Very unpredictable, very perceptive and adaptive to situations on the fly. Strikes at the moment nobody see coming. See all sorts of possibilities of their foes. (almost paranoid)

Well obviously, I'm bending this into my favor.
I'm sure other types can find their versions of how they can win in hunger games. As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Step right up! Don't be shy!

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
ISTP seems reasonable, but I still think an ESTP would do better just because how one does in the games depends very much on whether or not one gets sponsors. I think extraverts would do better in that area. ESTPs tend to be very charming (compared to ISTPs, who have inferior Fe). ISTPs are often seen as awkward or even stuck up.
Explain? :curious:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Explain? :curious:
The whole reason the characters had to show off for judges in the beginning was to get a high ranking and be liked. They had stylists so they could be pretty and likable. Obviously, they don't care about being liked by the other contestants who will kill them regardless, but sponsors saved lives (for example, when Katniss needed medicine, sponsors sent it to her purely because they liked her personality and abilities).

Towards the beginning of the film, I remember Haymitch Abernathy telling Katniss that the way to win is to be liked. Although, I can't remember the exact quote.

·
Registered
947 Posts
FWIW I would think ISTJ *cough*. If this is pure survival, its you against the world, 100% of the game is played out in the mind. Introverts have more than enough practice inside their head. S for obvious reasons--attention to detail, and J for coming up with a plan to win. E's would be driven crazy, N's would probably get confused and wonder what's really going on, F's would have a hard time wrapping their heads around the whole paradigm (Again, think 100% mind games... emotions play heavily against ones mind), and P's would have no game plan.

Disclaimer: I'm hard-core stereotyping here... but then again we are talking about "hunger games", so cut me a break.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't really think this is too much related to type to be honest. A lot of these functions to me seem secondary to brute strength, getting resources, having weapons, food and evading obstacles that the government would force on you like rabid dogs, firestorms, killing bugs and other things. That's not really type oriented.

Who can survive in their environment?
Who can get sponsors?
Who can kill others?
Who can be smart enough to take tools to make their life easier?
Etc.

I would say any person of any type could succeed in various areas.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I don't really think this is too much related to type to be honest. A lot of these functions to me seem secondary to brute strength, getting resources, having weapons, food and evading obstacles that the government would force on you like rabid dogs, firestorms, killing bugs and other things. That's not really type oriented.

Who can survive in their environment?
Who can get sponsors?
Who can kill others?
Who can be smart enough to take tools to make their life easier?
Etc.

I would say any person of any type could succeed in various areas.
You're exactly right, but thinking like that isn't fun :p

1 - 20 of 239 Posts