Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Right now, I’m in adolescence so it may affect my ways to answer questions. I am a 15 year old male.
I have just woke up.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Picture: I can't post links yet but it's Elakala Falls, Tannin-colored. Search from Flickr.

It looks like a fun but dangerous place for me. I have imagined myself being there. It appears like it’s in a moist environment. It also looks like it isn’t a very popular destination. I imagine what rafting and climbing would be like. I also looked at the photo from the photographer’s angle and I imagined myself on one of these rocks even though I wouldn’t get that close. The waterfall looks very interesting, it’s very smooth, almost like a chocolate or string set! Adventurers must go to a place similar to this! I also imagined myself being at the bridge and I would look at it from the top. I would enjoy my freedom there and listen to energetic and rhythmic music.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Lucky me, I have never experienced this in my life but if it did happen, I would get very impatient. I would try to say the reasons to my parents because I like to know as much as I need for that situation. I would also worry about not being able to go to concert for forever and stay at the road for the whole night! And at the same time, I would stressfully try to find a solution in my head. But if I learn that help is coming, I would get less worrying but still impatient. Then I would worry about if we have missed the concert. Then I look at its time. I don’t worry about it as much when I learn its time. But if I would know the reason, I would just look at my phone most of the time.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would be a bit indecisive and try to compare the party to the concert. I would imagine myself being at both of the places and try to find the best option. But if I learn I have actually missed the concert, I would choose the party and hope for the best, fear for the worst.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would think about it and question that belief. Then I would look at the external sources to see if it is right. Then, I would believe the right claim. I wouldn’t say that much outwardly.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If it is a belief, my beliefs would change because of my rule “the new claim is more true”. If it is an experience, I would question the current experience and most of the time, I would dismiss the old and make decisions based on the new information because they are up-to-date. If it is a habit, I wouldn’t be affected that much. Honestly, I don’t really know what would I do. I rarely deviate from my habits but if I really need to, I can deviate from them.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

They are success, having a rare ability or skill, intelligence, innovation, competence and curiosity. I would like to change the world for the better. I don’t like to feel like a mainstream or ordinary person. Curiosity, creativity and intelligence are signs of maturity for me. And without success, I can’t be happy so I need success.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I’m not very interested in day-to-day matters and small talk. I talk and socialize less than my friends. I like independence and don’t like forever commitments. My friends tend to change often. I am also more curious about theories and I’m more scientific than my friends and family who they mainly discuss events and gossip. If I want to change, I would like to be more adventurous. I would like to take more risks and exiting out of my comfort zone forever.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

When I get a hunch, I would get energized by it because I was looking for a solution for so long. I would consider other options before I act on that hunch though. It usually triggers while I’m solving a problem like math.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I like activities that engages scientific curiosity. I also like discussing intellectual ideas and projects to change the world for the better. When I’m alone, I’m mostly browsing the internet and doing what I want without constraint. I would hate being a pet of someone else. Team sports and other competitive activities between teams drain me the most. I would compete with myself to achieve my new best me. I also find day-to-day routine tasks and chores like doing the laundry boring. But I still do it because I don’t like to get criticised by my mom.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I would keep my thought to myself if it’s about me. But I would share them if it is something that others like to discuss and it’s mainly ideas, theories and science. Around people, I fly and roam like an eagle rather than settling down like a dog. I am usually independent even in parties and I enjoy myself. I don’t need to talk there, I just enjoy my thoughts and possibly the music.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts